• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Settlement Rewards

67Sage101

Maybe it's me, but was anyone else annoyed by Viking playthrough #10 giving an emissary that pays coins? Really? Coins? I currently make 237,776 a day.

Please Inno. Refresh stuff like this when it's clearly not working as intended. Remove Freydis as a wasted stepping stone to my Yggdrasil leveling or make Freydis spit out two forge points a day instead of coins.

ahsay

Landing in Jail sucks. Hitting a chute sucks. That's the nature of games.

Insofar as not working...really? They got you to mention viking settlement here and are you going to stop? If you're that upset; stop doing the viking settlement.

Johnny B. Goode

Maybe it's me, but was anyone else annoyed by Viking playthrough #10 giving an emissary that pays coins? Really? Coins? I currently make 237,776 a day.
Nope. The Emissaries are just a bonus, the real prize is the fully upgraded Yggdrasil Tree. There aren't enough open slots for all of them anyway, so it's fine if one like this makes the choices of which ones to activate a lot easier.
Refresh stuff like this when it's clearly not working as intended.
Let me fix this line for you: "Please only give me the best rewards possible, Inno."

Lord Pest

I’m currently working through Aztecs. I’ve finished the other 3 settlements. The emissaries are a bonus. None of them will make your city rich. You get a slot every other emissary. Four of my emissaries give 1 fp each. The other goods or troops. You do the settlements for the reward buildings which are really good.

67Sage101

What makes you think it isn't working as intended.
I suppose some would say it was a bad assumption on my part. Maybe there are players that complete level 10 of a settlement and still find themselves in a coin shortage. I haven't worried about coins since the iron age. I've been playing since March of 2020 in my first and only world. I have not paid attention to coins since I had >1 million. It just seems irrelevant to me to have an emissary reward coins at this point in the game. It would have made sense to me if it was the first or second emissary The funny thing to me in terms of Vikings, first rewards FP which is ok but the second rewards medals which really baffled me. I didn't worry about medals until my city needed to grow large for GB's and I have enough attack bonus to fight in GE so I wanted extra attempts. Even funnier, the supplies emissary is a 7th playthrough reward. But I was starving for supplies in the iron age. Now I don't care about supplies except as a necessary evil to jump through hoops on events. The only reason I pay attention to coins or production is events. Event buildings are part of the cause of coins being irrelevant. They spit them out by the tens of thousands. So it would seem to me that developers who know the game well would be aware that coins and production are not issues after the early stages of the game. And yet we see them as rewards everywhere like GE, GBG, and Incidents, and finally late emissaries. Clicking an incident to get another 250 coins does nothing for me and is a constant reminder that the devs are out of touch with the game they have created.

67Sage101

Landing in Jail sucks. Hitting a chute sucks. That's the nature of games.

If you're that upset; stop doing the viking settlement.

Eyeroll. Who says I was "that" upset? You....but who are you....you don't know me. If your so upset quit replying and just play the game. I merely said "please", and suggested a few improvements. But the thread was moved to DNS.

AAA12AAA

I suppose some would say it was a bad assumption on my part. Maybe there are players that complete level 10 of a settlement and still find themselves in a coin shortage. I haven't worried about coins since the iron age. I've been playing since March of 2020 in my first and only world. I have not paid attention to coins since I had >1 million. It just seems irrelevant to me to have an emissary reward coins at this point in the game. It would have made sense to me if it was the first or second emissary The funny thing to me in terms of Vikings, first rewards FP which is ok but the second rewards medals which really baffled me. I didn't worry about medals until my city needed to grow large for GB's and I have enough attack bonus to fight in GE so I wanted extra attempts. Even funnier, the supplies emissary is a 7th playthrough reward. But I was starving for supplies in the iron age. Now I don't care about supplies except as a necessary evil to jump through hoops on events. The only reason I pay attention to coins or production is events. Event buildings are part of the cause of coins being irrelevant. They spit them out by the tens of thousands. So it would seem to me that developers who know the game well would be aware that coins and production are not issues after the early stages of the game. And yet we see them as rewards everywhere like GE, GBG, and Incidents, and finally late emissaries. Clicking an incident to get another 250 coins does nothing for me and is a constant reminder that the devs are out of touch with the game they have created.
It's not about coins or medals its just an obstacle to the real reward. Plenty of other things to be pissed about the Vikings (lol) if that's your only concern you got it good)

67Sage101

It's not about coins or medals its just an obstacle to the real reward. Plenty of other things to be pissed about the Vikings (lol) if that's your only concern you got it good)
I like that assessment. And great point. It's not about the reward, it about the obstacle to the real reward. you helped me realize emissaries are like a distraction. Freydis will give me 7500 a day. But my level 6 Yggdrasil already gives 15000 a day....LOL. So I guess Freydis will sit in inventory like a lamp post.

67Sage101

Suggesting it makes sense delaying getting an FP emissary to get a Coin emissary first?

Yeah, I can't imagine how anybody could be against that.
I can't see how anybody would be against every emissary paying FP's. But I'm sure I can find at least one here on the forums.

Algona

I can't see how anybody would be against every emissary paying FP's. But I'm sure I can find at least one here on the forums.

You said just the opposite, suggesting offering Coins emissaries first.

I didn't say a word about the current prizes, so please don't imply i said anything about such.

Instead of arguing against things you invented that no one said, maybe try putting forward points that support your position instead of just the opposite?

'Cause you're the only person saying you want worse prizes.

PlaneJanes

how many emissaries do you get? I am not crazy about supplies but if I put in an emissary can it be removed later?

Ebeondi Asi

Yes emissary can be moved into and out of in-use boxes. the others not in use stay available. If you finish more settlements more slots open...
Six Viking
Four Japanese
Four Egyptian
Four Aztec
Four Mughal

Last edited:

Ironrooster

how many emissaries do you get? I am not crazy about supplies but if I put in an emissary can it be removed later?
I always fill all my available slots (assuming I have enough emissaries). Even supplies might be useful later on.
I change them to meet my current needs.
You can change them whenever you want and the change will be effective for the next collection.

Darkest.Knight

I've finished all of the settlements, including Mughal, my townhall provides 11 fps, 5 units, some medals and coins: seems good enough to me. 5 of 11 fps are from guild battlegrounds.

67Sage101

I just came back to this thread and read through it. I'm laughing hysterically at how these threads morph to the point of not even discussing the original intent. I should have guessed the responses. I don't even have to post anymore. The responses are predictable. One wonders why this forum exists. Must be for praise and worship of the game only. All other posts need not be submitted. I changed my mind. I love the emissaries. They are wonderful. I can't think of any thing I'd change about them. Bravo Inno.