• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Why does INNO allow Unfair PVP?

DARK4SE

I am just a few months into this game. I needed a break from other long term games I was playing. Just wanted to play something "simple" and kill some time. I've been enjoying the game until now. I have been constantly attacked by another player. I did not think much about this at first. Then I noticed his PVP stats vs my PVP stats.

I want to make it perfectly clear...I am not against PVP at all. I actually love it and seek it out. But how can you fight back if your stats are soo far off? Why are players so far advanced allowed to fight new players? Is this a instance of INNO game Dev's not capable of providing balanced game play? Game Dev's not able to provide content for high level PVP players so they allow them to harass new players?

How is this OK? 508% vs 21%?? foe1.jpg foe2.jpg

Emberguard

You can't get involved in PvP until you unlock it in Iron Age. By that time hopefully you've already got some post battle protection. Your opponents are based on technological era.

While I get what you're saying, it's a bit more complicated then "allow them to harass new players". You'd first have to define what's fair, which is why it's based on age/era. Players develop at different speeds and not everyone bothers to build up their defenses. Many don't bother with battle defenses at all. It's upto the player to decide how to use what they have and how to develop further. Also those players can only attack once per 24 hrs. So the damage is rather limited.

Plunderers can't take anything from Motivated buildings. So while you're building up your city it'd be a good idea to focus on gathering buildings that provide resources when motivated. That way it won't matter who defeats your army, they still won't be able to touch you

In addition if getting plundered is a major deal breaker to you, you might want to look at getting a Galata Tower.
Galata Tower Wiki Page

There's also the taverns City Shield. If you've built up your tavern you'll be able to buy a City Shield that'll prevent players from being able to attack your city

RazorbackPirate

Welcome to the game and the forum.

The question is, are you being plundered? Losing the fight itself is meaningless.

Only one thing that determines if someone is able to attack you, they're in your hood. The only thing that determines if someone is in your hood is if they're the same age as you. As you can see, their city is the same age as you, but their city is not the same as yours.

Given your stats, I would suspect you're close to the bottom of your hood. If so, you make yourself a particularly attractive target as you're easy to beat. How do you overcome that? Stop advancing and work on building and leveling the fight GBs and collecting special event buildings that give Attack and Defense boosts to your Attacking Army.

You have the same opportunity to build your city as they do. You both play under the same set of rules. Throw it in park and earn your stripes as they did. While you're at it, send them a note and ask them hw long they've been building their city and what you should focus on to build your own Attack/Defense boosts. Maybe you'll get a friend out of it. A friend that can't attack you. If nothing else, you might get some good advice.

Don't complain about them, learn from them.

Joeyjojojo

Late Middle Ages. but only playing a few months You chose to move up in Eras to LMA with weak numbers. If you would have stayed in a lower Era and developed your defenses? developed your city more .. So it is part of the game. You made the mistake of moving up Eras too fast. and typically the strong blast the weak in this game in the neighborhood.
This is true, and this advice comes up all the time, but for a game that touts advancing through the ages it is counter intuitive to not advance through the ages. Lots of things in this game encourage advancing and if a player begins the game and advances quickly, they end up in trouble (PvP, event quests, GE mostly, other areas can slow down but that's common across games). Some of them maybe spend diamonds, a few come here, where long time players tell them they're doing it wrong--sometimes nicely, sometimes not so much--I'll bet most players who run into this just quit.

I feel like Inno should do something with their early tutorials that gives players who are new and rushing a bit of pause, or maybe just revamp how players join their first guild to make sure that it's somewhat active, since joining a decent guild can really make a difference with this.

MeowKat

The plundering system forces players to log in daily to "collect on time". Occasional players get plundered mercilessly. I deleted one of my alt cities because I didn't have time to pay attention to it, and multiple buildings started to get plundered daily.

I would suggest advancing to the colonial age just to get rid of this guy. Most likely, if he's pumped his attack value up to 500%, nothing you can say or do will help. You can try offering him forge points, sending a friend request, joining his guild, etc., but most likely, you're just a farm to him. Get him out of your neighborhood.

Be warned, though: you'll need better than a 21% attack value to advance in the New World. You probably should work on that.

If all else fails, rip up your roads and go start an alt city on a different world. Good luck.

DARK4SE

This is true, and this advice comes up all the time, but for a game that touts advancing through the ages it is counter intuitive to not advance through the ages. Lots of things in this game encourage advancing and if a player begins the game and advances quickly, they end up in trouble (PvP, event quests, GE mostly, other areas can slow down but that's common across games). Some of them maybe spend diamonds, a few come here, where long time players tell them they're doing it wrong--sometimes nicely, sometimes not so much--I'll bet most players who run into this just quit.

I feel like Inno should do something with their early tutorials that gives players who are new and rushing a bit of pause, or maybe just revamp how players join their first guild to make sure that it's somewhat active, since joining a decent guild can really make a difference with this.

This. This sums it up for me pretty well. The other advice is appreciated as well from everyone. Thank you.

I stopped leveling my city after Early Middle Ages when I was entering Late Middle Ages. Someone had told me what you just did. Had I known this in the beginning of the game I would have taken longer to build up my army and town. Now I know but it is a bit too late.

I would like to reference again that INNO seems to not care very much about fixing a obviously very fixable thing. I do not agree with the game design. Every player should have a fair chance to fight back. The city shield does not look like it will work. The enemy player can still see when it comes down.
Late Middle Ages. but only playing a few months You chose to move up in Eras to LMA with weak numbers. If you would have stayed in a lower Era and developed your defenses? developed your city more .. So it is part of the game. You made the mistake of moving up Eras too fast. and typically the strong blast the weak in this game in the neighborhood.
If you look at your neighborhood list.. How high are you on the list? near the bottom I bet. Best was to not get attacked a lot is be near the top of the list. That means staying in the Era work on developing your city, get your points up to the top ten in the Hood list. You will not be attacked nearly as much.
For now you are just fodder for the strong players in your Era..
PS: most people cities get attacked. You just have to stop worrying about it. It does not matter. the attack is zero to worry about. so stop worrying about it. it is meaningless. Trust me, it does not matter at all.
Getting plundered matters a bit more...
If you are being plundered a lot, then collect on time. get all your 24/hr stuff to pop at the same moment and collect it within a minute or so of that moment. Goods do the 24hr even if it loses a few. Better to be 24 hr and collect on time.
One way to get everythingto the same time is to put up once a 24hr shield. and just let all the collections pop and sit. then at a good time for you (knowing the time will gradually get later.. collect everything all at once. I actually set my phone alarm for he time so if I forget or am busy it reminds me to collect. as weeks go by he ime hjust cannot help getting a bit later.. eventually I do anotehr 24hr City Shield and reset the time of collection.
I used to not believe the old timers saying collect on time is the key. and getting attacked did not mean squat. Now I know it is 100% true.
So stop worrying about being attacked. it does not matter, it is a major part of the game, get over it. Collect on time. all is well.

I am a little below the middle of my neighborhood list. The city shield is not a option for me. I can not afford it. I tried the timer suggestion. I set the timer for a very awkward time for me to throw off my schedule ....but the person plundered at the exact same time as I was trying to collect. It felt like he knew when my buildings were going to finish.

DARK4SE

The plundering system forces players to log in daily to "collect on time". Occasional players get plundered mercilessly. I deleted one of my alt cities because I didn't have time to pay attention to it, and multiple buildings started to get plundered daily.

I would suggest advancing to the colonial age just to get rid of this guy. Most likely, if he's pumped his attack value up to 500%, nothing you can say or do will help. You can try offering him forge points, sending a friend request, joining his guild, etc., but most likely, you're just a farm to him. Get him out of your neighborhood.

Be warned, though: you'll need better than a 21% attack value to advance in the New World. You probably should work on that.

If all else fails, rip up your roads and go start an alt city on a different world. Good luck.

Solid advice about leveling up before any age advancement. I wish I had known at the beginning. Thank you for the numbers.

DARK4SE

Welcome to the game and the forum.

The question is, are you being plundered? Losing the fight itself is meaningless.

Only one thing that determines if someone is able to attack you, they're in your hood. The only thing that determines if someone is in your hood is if they're the same age as you. As you can see, their city is the same age as you, but their city is not the same as yours.

Given your stats, I would suspect you're close to the bottom of your hood. If so, you make yourself a particularly attractive target as you're easy to beat. How do you overcome that? Stop advancing and work on building and leveling the fight GBs and collecting special event buildings that give Attack and Defense boosts to your Attacking Army.

You have the same opportunity to build your city as they do. You both play under the same set of rules. Throw it in park and earn your stripes as they did. While you're at it, send them a note and ask them hw long they've been building their city and what you should focus on to build your own Attack/Defense boosts. Maybe you'll get a friend out of it. A friend that can't attack you. If nothing else, you might get some good advice.

Don't complain about them, learn from them.

Yes. Plundered every day. I honestly have no problems earning my stripes. I do not care about being plundered. I care that INNO gives me no way to fight back. I understand what you are saying. I just have never played a pvp system that allows new players to be attacked by advanced players. INNO should have something (besides city wall) that at least gives the defending player a chance. Even if it is a small chance.

It appears my concerns will fall on def ears with INNO. At least I am finding this out now instead of much, much, later.

Graviton

Welcome!

I stopped leveling my city after Early Middle Ages when I was entering Late Middle Ages. Someone had told me what you just did. Had I known this in the beginning of the game I would have taken longer to build up my army and town. Now I know but it is a bit too late.

Not too late at all. Refocus your play on your existing city to slow down and build up, and/or start new cities on other servers and run them differently with this knowledge in mind.

Of course that's not going to fix things immediately, but it will fix things. Although I would like to point out that even players with high defense boosts get beat on a regular basis. There's always somebody out there with more. The good news is that the 'hoods switch up every 2 weeks.

I would like to reference again that INNO seems to not care very much about fixing a obviously very fixable thing.

It is fixable: by the way you play and plan your city. Keep reading these forums and you'll find a wealth of information on how to do that.

The city shield does not look like it will work. The enemy player can still see when it comes down.

That's why you need to put it up at a time when you know you'll be able to collect before it comes down. Also, while it's up you can change your collection time by just waiting awhile after your collections are ready, but collecting them before the shield comes down.

I feel like Inno should do something with their early tutorials that gives players who are new and rushing a bit of pause ...

Yeah, maybe. I tend to think that this game isn't for everybody, and getting plundered and/or failing to advance, whether on the Campaign Map or in Events or Daily Challenges or whatever, is how one learns the lesson about advancing too quickly. IOW, the game itself will tell you where you're going wrong.

... or maybe just revamp how players join their first guild to make sure that it's somewhat active, since joining a decent guild can really make a difference with this.

That I agree with, the tutorial should emphasize more how important guild membership is.

Last edited:

DARK4SE

Welcome!

Not too late at all. Refocus your play on your existing city to slow down and build up, and/or start new cities on other servers and run them differently with this knowledge in mind.

Of course that's not going to fix things immediately, but it will fix things. Although I would like to point out that even players with high defense boosts get beat on a regular basis. There's always somebody out there with more. The good news is that the 'hoods switch up every 2 weeks.

It is fixable: by the way you play and plan your city. Keep reading these forums and you'll find a wealth of information on how to do that.

That's why you need to put it up at a time when you know you'll be able to collect before it comes down. Also, while it's up you can change your collection time by just waiting awhile after your collections are ready, but collecting them before the shield comes down.

Yeah, maybe. I tend to think that this game isn't for everybody, and getting plundered and/or failing to advance, whether on the Campaign Map or in Events or Daily Challenges or whatever, is how one learns the lesson about advancing too quickly. IOW, the game itself will tell you where you're going wrong.

That I agree with, the tutorial should emphasise more how important guild membership is.

This is all solid advice. Thanks for taking the time. I'll give the advice a chance. I also did not know the neighborhoods change every 2 weeks.

Agent327

You said you played other long time games. In how many of those games were you told exactly what to do and did not need to learn the best/most suitable way to play?

I would like to reference again that INNO seems to not care very much about fixing a obviously very fixable thing. I do not agree with the game design. Every player should have a fair chance to fight back. The city shield does not look like it will work. The enemy player can still see when it comes down.

Every player has the same chance, so how is that not a fair chance? You are complaining about a player's attack power. Did you even bother to check how strong his defense is?

I just have never played a pvp system that allows new players to be attacked by advanced players. INNO should have something (besides city wall) that at least gives the defending player a chance. Even if it is a small chance.

You are not attacked by advanced players. You are attacked by players that are in the same age as you. That is not advanced. Those players have had the same chances as you. They chose to walk a different path. You are in LM. What have you done to have a better defense so far?

Kranyar the Mysterious

People can age up during a hood too, which temporarily can throw off the ages that a person may face. It normally isn't more than two eras, most commonly one. That said...

I am in Future in an Iron Age hood this week (and last). Fortunately for them I have absolutely no interest in them in the slightest. I even put out a 1000 fp reward to the hood if anyone defeats the one hover I put out for defense. So far no one has even tried...

Manicato

You can't get involved in PvP until you unlock it in Iron Age. By that time hopefully you've already got some post battle protection. Your opponents are based on technological era.

While I get what you're saying, it's a bit more complicated then "allow them to harass new players". You'd first have to define what's fair, which is why it's based on age/era. Players develop at different speeds and not everyone bothers to build up their defenses. Many don't bother with battle defenses at all. It's upto the player to decide how to use what they have and how to develop further. Also those players can only attack once per 24 hrs. So the damage is rather limited.

Plunderers can't take anything from Motivated buildings. So while you're building up your city it'd be a good idea to focus on gathering buildings that provide resources when motivated. That way it won't matter who defeats your army, they still won't be able to touch you

In addition if getting plundered is a major deal breaker to you, you might want to look at getting a Galata Tower.
Galata Tower Wiki Page

There's also the taverns City Shield. If you've built up your tavern you'll be able to buy a City Shield that'll prevent players from being able to attack your city
Thank you I did not know a motivated building could not be plundered!

Johnny B. Goode

I just have never played a pvp system that allows new players to be attacked by advanced players.
New players can't be attacked by anyone. You are not a new player. A player cannot be attacked until they unlock Military Tactics in late Iron Age. When I started, almost 6 years ago, you could be in a hood with players in the highest age and could be attacked and plundered from day one.

That being said, it is never too late to stop and develop your city. It will never happen if you don't start. And this is the very worst advice I've seen here on the Forum:
I would suggest advancing to the colonial age just to get rid of this guy.
That is the very worst thing you could do. If you're unprepared for LMA, you definitely don't want to move up to Colonial. Stay where you are. Grow the right GBs. Place event/special buildings that cannot be plundered. Minimize the number of goods buildings you need by proper use of GBs, Recurring Quests and event/special buildings. Using GBs, minimize the number of cultural buildings you have, which will direct lower priority aiding to your residential and production buildings, which will keep them from being plundered. Once you make your city mostly plunder-proof, you won't care about being attacked. I certainly don't...in any of my cities.

If you want revenge, check his GBs and see if one that gives FPs or goods or units is close to leveling...and then level it. That robs them of the double dip. Won't really hurt them much, but it may make you feel a little better and not as helpless. Good luck!

CaptainKirk1234

I am just a few months into this game. I needed a break from other long term games I was playing. Just wanted to play something "simple" and kill some time. I've been enjoying the game until now. I have been constantly attacked by another player. I did not think much about this at first. Then I noticed his PVP stats vs my PVP stats.

I want to make it perfectly clear...I am not against PVP at all. I actually love it and seek it out. But how can you fight back if your stats are soo far off? Why are players so far advanced allowed to fight new players? Is this a instance of INNO game Dev's not capable of providing balanced game play? Game Dev's not able to provide content for high level PVP players so they allow them to harass new players?

How is this OK? 508% vs 21%?? View attachment 18366 View attachment 18367
Untill you make it above 100,000 points you will most likely be attacked every day, above that it will be 1-4 times a week. PvP is being replaced with a new system soon. I dont know how that will affect you if at all. If they didnt plunder you I dont see why it matters. If youre angry get a galata tower ( a all ages great building) it repells plundering. The rewards for PvP battles are worthless anyways, that was most likely a attack for HC (a Great building for when you do battles you get rewards). That player is what you call a "camper," they stay in a age till they are the best (I advise that for you too, for at least a few months). Campers usually use iron age as the archer barracks are so small. Also there are players with 2000/2000 attack, if you want to fight back (obvoisly not him, but its a start) get a Statue of Zeus, Castle Del Monte and a Cathedral of Aachean, all great building that at level 10 get 30% attack, so if you get all of them thats 90% attack. Whats better than PvP is GBG. when you unlock it you will get tons of forge points. Have fun with the game!!!

CaptainKirk1234

Some of this advice is okay, definetly try a friend request, dont kill your world though and definetly dont age up to colonial, that is gonna cost thousands of forge points and you want to get better attack, and more event building first as well as great buildings.

Vger

Why obviously not him, I have an okay attack but a terrible defense, In my second city I attacked someone today at the top of my hood. They had 17 milion points I have 150k in IA and I won easily.
I love it when players do that to me. Normally I only attack others when I need a win and GE or GBG aren't options. And I don't bother plundering them. Waste of time.
But when some punk with 150K thinks they want to play? It's a good excuse to have some fun, and it almost always is. You are my only potential victim until the next hood swap. Don't slip up :cool: