• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

PvP Arena (Reworked) Feedback

Aggressor

I really like the new PvP tower quite a bit. I'm in FE and I enjoy the fact that people from OF and VF can't attack me because that wouldnt be fair, but I can still flex my Hover Tanks and attack them. It gives me a place outside of AA to fight against higher age units and especially since no unit AF-OF is stronger than Hover Tanks it really gives me an advantage that someone three ages below me really wouldnt have (Ok I really like Universal Tanks but they just cant compete with Hovers)
Only one issue with the refresh feature. I use it to get rid of the occasional player with a crazy high defense boost that I just can't beat. However, more than half the time when I use it, the person I wanted to get rid of is still there. Maybe this is intentional from Inno, but it really makes the refresh feature useless.

RazorbackPirate

Personally, I'm fine with it. But the overall "winners" of this ongoing event are not going to be the best fighters with the best stats, they will be the ones who can spend the most medals. My point is that it would be more interesting if the event standings did not have a "pay to win" option.
So you're not fine with it and why is based on a whole lot of assumptions. Have you looked up the stats of the top 10 PvP fighters in your world? Are they overall slackers? Do you know? If not, why not?

RazorbackPirate

Only one issue with the refresh feature. I use it to get rid of the occasional player with a crazy high defense boost that I just can't beat. However, more than half the time when I use it, the person I wanted to get rid of is still there. Maybe this is intentional from Inno, but it really makes the refresh feature useless.
I think more than anything, there's too few people playing overall. I see a bit over 1,700 on my world in the ranking, many of them in the last few hours. I expect as the pool of players to match us with grows, we'll see more diversity in the players we're paired with.

Yugi the 7empest

So you're not fine with it and why is based on a whole lot of assumptions. Have you looked up the stats of the top 10 PvP fighters in your world? Are they overall slackers? Do you know? If not, why not?

This thread asked for feedback; one's subjective take on the new addition. I just gave my opinion which was simply that I would find it more interesting if there was no "pay to win" component. Those that like it great, those that don't, also great. What I find more intriguing is your compulsion to provide your unsolicited opinion on someone else's over and over and over. Is it to remain prolific in these forums? Surely you can't think that your opinion of my feedback matters in the least to me or anyone else who reads it? If you don't like it or diagree with it, fine. But spare us the incessant badgering, or create a new thread entitled "RP's opinion of your feedback" and go ham on whoever posts there.

Altercus

This thread asked for feedback; one's subjective take on the new addition. I just gave my opinion which was simply that I would find it more interesting if there was no "pay to win" component. Those that like it great, those that don't, also great. What I find more intriguing is your compulsion to provide your unsolicited opinion on someone else's over and over and over. Is it to remain prolific in these forums? Surely you can't think that your opinion of my feedback matters in the least to me or anyone else who reads it? If you don't like it or diagree with it, fine. But spare us the incessant badgering, or create a new thread entitled "RP's opinion of your feedback" and go ham on whoever posts there.

It only seems to happen when someone offers an opinion critical of INNO. There's a group of forum critters that always seems to rush out to INNO's defense whenever someone criticizes something INNO did. I imagine it keeps them quite busy.

I suppose I should apologize to RZ as indeed the opponents I'm now being matched against are more varied. They all seem to be INNO bots but I guess that's an improvement.

Johnny B. Goode

I thought the PvP Arena battles wouldn't count towards the PvP towers, but apparently they do. I have fought nothing today but PvP Arena and those battle results are counting in the PvP towers.

UnStopaBull

I dont think anyone is paying diamonds to win PvP... that would be pretty dumb for the rewards offered. Rather, the top ranked players are medal spenders. They have earned those metals over years of collecting them and PvP is a great way to finally spend them. They deserve that top spot.

we definitely had at least two spending diamonds to win. I have almost 1b medals and only got to around 80k , wasn’t gonna spend more than 5mill for an extra attempt. Those 2 players made it past 100k , and they are NOT good players .

Flavius Belisarius

I like it.
Use AF to beat OF all the time.
Wish there was a way to see replays of attacks on your defense.
Rewards are ok if you get to keep the attempts in the treasure chest, otherwise change it to.... tavern silver or BPs

Portia the Benevolent

I’m having a few issues with PVP and I wanted to mention them here.

When it started last week I was thrilled and enjoyed the entire process — until it reset on Monday. In my case, I was in colonial and I waited until Tuesday to upgrade to industrial. I assumed because I upgraded after the week started I would stay in colonial for the rest of the week, but instead I was upgraded to industrial and I have no troops. So I’m stuck with progressive, industrial and the low tier of colonial. Colonial is the only tier I have access to due to troop issue, and of course it would be my luck that the attack on opponent’s level was so ridiculously high I couldn’t even do colonial. So I refreshed and it was also ridiculously high, so I’m essentially locked out because I don’t have industrial units. However when I look at the rankings I’m still in the colonial ranking (??) so I believe you need to fix this so it’s the same all battle games— it if you upgrade after a week or season has started you stay in the age you started with.

My next issue has to do with the inability to use rogues. I am forced to constantly switch out my units when I go back-and-forth between GBG & PVP. It’s a real drag under any circumstances but even worse when you’ve just upped an age and you don’t have troops. I am essentially locked out of PVP probably for at least two weeks, maybe more, because of the no rogue/industrial troop issue so I really hope you can fix
these two problems.

Thank you.

hajiboy

Is the Refresh feature broken? I have tried to refresh the players on the list 5 times in the last 16 hours, yet always end up with the same player in the middle spot.

Pericles the Lion

Why are we fighting bots? According to the ranking there are 121 players in Colonial but I've only been matched with 7 actual players, the rest of my 50+ battles have been with bots. I know they're bots because the have single digit att/def that are the same number and their names do not appear in the rankings. I get it that it may take some time for PvP to settle in but how about matching me up with some of the other 114 real players in my age?

RazorbackPirate

When it started last week I was thrilled and enjoyed the entire process — until it reset on Monday. In my case, I was in colonial and I waited until Tuesday to upgrade to industrial. I assumed because I upgraded after the week started I would stay in colonial for the rest of the week, but instead I was upgraded to industrial and I have no troops. So I’m stuck with progressive, industrial and the low tier of colonial. Colonial is the only tier I have access to due to troop issue, and of course it would be my luck that the attack on opponent’s level was so ridiculously high I couldn’t even do colonial. So I refreshed and it was also ridiculously high, so I’m essentially locked out because I don’t have industrial units. However when I look at the rankings I’m still in the colonial ranking (??) so I believe you need to fix this so it’s the same all battle games— it if you upgrade after a week or season has started you stay in the age you started with.
When I attack your city through the neighborhood PvP mechanism, I see the current age of your city the moment you age up. Of course the PvP tower would be the same. The real age of your city in real time.
My next issue has to do with the inability to use rogues. I am forced to constantly switch out my units when I go back-and-forth between GBG & PVP. It’s a real drag under any circumstances but even worse when you’ve just upped an age and you don’t have troops. I am essentially locked out of PVP probably for at least two weeks, maybe more, because of the no rogue/industrial troop issue so I really hope you can fix these two problems.
The PvP Towers use the same fighting AI as the Continent Map, something players requested for years for use by defending armies. File this under 'be careful hat you wish for.'

Sorry about your unit situation. Nice to know when I'm ready to age up.

Rabid1

So, The way it is set up right now leaves SAV players at a pretty large disadvantage. Luckily I am in SAAB so I have it the best. SAV players fighting other SAV players earn less points per attack than a SAAB player hitting a SAV player. If you use the correct army a SAAB player can beat 99% of SAV players. I am just pointing this out because it seems to be a glaring flaw in the system. Clearly the fix to this would be making SAV players hitting other SAV worth the same pts at SAAB hitting SAV. I am sure a patch will be coming doing just that ;) Have a good day now!

RazorbackPirate

So, The way it is set up right now leaves SAV players at a pretty large disadvantage. Luckily I am in SAAB so I have it the best. SAV players fighting other SAV players earn less points per attack than a SAAB player hitting a SAV player. If you use the correct army a SAAB player can beat 99% of SAV players. I am just pointing this out because it seems to be a glaring flaw in the system. Clearly the fix to this would be making SAV players hitting other SAV worth the same pts at SAAB hitting SAV. I am sure a patch will be coming doing just that ;) Have a good day now!
You sound pretty sure about all this. You've verified it how?

Rabid1

You sound pretty sure about all this. You've verified it how?
Simply by asking SAV players what pts they get from hitting other SAV players. I mean unless these people are lying I consider it verified. I know I get 415+ from every SAV player I attack. I am in SAAB

Last edited: