• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Friends Sniping Me

Mr. Beepers

I have friends who are very friendly, understanding helpful.....

But recently nobody really aids my Great Buildings so... I have 2 friends atm who are putting 1 FP and claiming the first slot....

If i tried that.... I'd Lose cuz putting 1 is not a good start for any GB... also people who put 20 - 30 - 100 etc can over run a 1 fp user...

So my only option is to have 0 friends.... I just don't understand why players are allowed to do this to me, and if i do it, i never win.... so... i hate to do it, but i guess i need to delete them all....

wolfhoundtoo

They are allowed because that's simply the rules there's no requirements for them to place more than 1 fp in to win one of the top spots. I'm guessing you self level which is why people do that. I'd suggest joining a guild and joining their swap threads. At least that way you'll see people putting in more forge points than 1.

You can track who aids you via your town hall. I'd suggest that you drop players that don't aid you and that you keep adding new friends every hood so that when they change you can keep aiding them and vice versa when the hoods swap. It is on you to manage your friends list properly to make them useful.

This game pretty much requires you to put in the time and effort needed to progress properly in the game. If you aren't on much and don't aid people that much then more active friends won't keep you. Find a guild and see how that works out. If you don't like that one keep looking sooner or later you'll find at least a halfway decent one.

ahsay

Why would anyone self-level...you lose and now because you're dumping friends you lose even more. If you insist on self-leveling they why do you care who takes first, What do you have against really smart players.

GBs can't get aided either.

Mr. Beepers

You're missing the point..... If i did that, i'd lose....... but cuz they do it, they win...... so say what you want, think what you want.... I call it Illegal..... I'll put 1 FP and get 60 in return.......people are just morons and take advantage of people, and imo that's wrong.....

wolfhoundtoo

You're missing the point..... If i did that, i'd lose....... but cuz they do it, they win...... so say what you want, think what you want.... I call it Illegal..... I'll put 1 FP and get 60 in return.......people are just morons and take advantage of people, and imo that's wrong.....

You are missing the point. Most of the people on here aren't really your friends even if they are on your friends list. You aren't actually HURT by their actions if you don't have anyone to actually contribute to your GBs that would give you more. They are simply maximizing their returns on the fps they put into your GB. You want them to stop then you need to act in a ,manner that will cause them to look elsewhere. If they are on your friends list and not in your hood then drop them and they won't be able to keep placing forge points into your GBs once the current level is completed.

Less focusing on what you think people should be doing and more on what you should be doing to help get the results that you want out of things.

Last edited:

Lady Gato

SNIP

So my only option is to have 0 friends.... I just don't understand why players are allowed to do this to me, and if i do it, i never win.... so... i hate to do it, but i guess i need to delete them all....
Another option if you don't want to join a guild or just prefer to self level -- find a friend or two that also like to self-level and set up a private swap. You put fps on their gb and they put fps on your gb. And when a gb is leveled you have received help in raising your gb (much more than 1) and the same with your swap partner (or partners). You might have people who snipe you or who add on 1 fp and get a slot, but overall this private swap setup will help you to get definite rewards of your own instead of hoping to get 1 bp or a handful of medals from the 1 fp your put down on a hoodies or friend's gb.

ahsay

You'd be wrong.

Triopoly Champion

In a decent guild, a common 10 fps swap thread would easily prevent the 1 fp investors from getting any rewards back.

If some players can earn back 60 fps with only a simple 1 fp remark, you are playing this game totally ineffective.

Glockgemini

In my view, the ONLY times to put points on your own GB is to lock positions for the 1.0/190% threads and to finish off a GB to level it. Imagine how many more FPs you'd have if you were putting those same FPs on a partner's GB? Personal swap groups, exchange threads and the 1.9/190% threads all have their places on building up GBs. True snipers are those that take 1st, 2nd or 3rd places for less than the 190% bonus and block the people doing the 190% donations.

mado13

They gave free fp when no one else was willing to. Seems like a friend to me.

And it wasn't sniping, because they weren't knocking someone else out of a position, or blocking a position from being taken otherwise.

I agree with Kranyar the Mysterious. Anyone who gives me their hard earned FPs so I can get to the next level is my friend. I accept all snipping on my great buildings. Just friend me and I'll return the favor.

UP ONLINE

you loss Owners of GB never get Rewards off their buildings and they just put 1 on it to keep track of it And can add more even if you unfriend them

One of my friends places a single FP in my buildings when I start a new level. By the time the level is finished, he usually ends up with the fifth spot and gets a blueprint.

As part of the game is about investing your FPs, I think his approach is a great one.

I have one friend who self levels, I put up 5 fps, and generally get 80 or so in return, I got over 200 once when no one took second, I have made over 500 FPs this way, the friend has not sent a message, or ended the friendship. It just depends on the persons preference. I personally don't mind small amounts of FPs on my GBs, generally I will have one or two friends (if any) put 1-5 FPs up on my GBs, one time a friend took first on one, but I was not flipping it at the moment, and they just ended up helping out with padding it for guild 1.9. Now I have had one friend unfriend me because I made a profit. I don't snipe in the sense I don't knock down other players, I just fill in gaps whenever there is profit.

You lose because your friends are probably in a guild that has swap threads and 1.9 thread. If you joined a guild with those threads and utilized it, bye-bye sniper friends. They will probably leave real soon when they see there is no profit to be made.

67Sage101

What you have to understand is that FOE is a twilight zone of sorts. Things that are illegal and would put you in prison or would generally piss off all your real life friends and neighbors, are completely normal in FOE.

Last edited: