• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

honey55

I really enjoy gbg. However it simply is rarely challenging. Sure, I get great rewards. But if one really wants a challenging competition with guilds one is actually able to truly complete against, I haven't seen that happen much. We're either way to good for the rest of the guilds, or the number 1 is way to good for us. They deserve it, I'm sure. They obviously spend lots of diamonds and goods to get the board that quickly and must have lots of people on nearly all day to be able to take sectors as soon as they become available. I never saw the numbers of fights taken by the enemy go up that quickly. They must have a LOT of great fighters on all the time. It's not fun. There's no sense even racing to take the sector, which can actually be fun when it's a close race. Just not fun with guilds this much better than us. I put my fights in every day anyway. One normally can find a sector to take as even in a bad week, one is not locked in all day. I get more fights in when we're not against a guild that is way better than us, but it's still not challenging. I cannot imagine how some of the guilds we've completed against made it to diamond, the little bit they fight. If I wasn't a phone player id try gvg again and see if it has the challenge I'm looking for. I'll continue to do gbg as I enjoy it, but it is sometimes quite discouraging and definitely rarely challenging. We're rarely evenly matched up

23skidoo

I really enjoy gbg. However it simply is rarely challenging. Sure, I get great rewards. But if one really wants a challenging competition with guilds one is actually able to truly complete against, I haven't seen that happen much. We're either way to good for the rest of the guilds, or the number 1 is way to good for us. They deserve it, I'm sure. They obviously spend lots of diamonds and goods to get the board that quickly and must have lots of people on nearly all day to be able to take sectors as soon as they become available. I never saw the numbers of fights taken by the enemy go up that quickly. They must have a LOT of great fighters on all the time. It's not fun. There's no sense even racing to take the sector, which can actually be fun when it's a close race. Just not fun with guilds this much better than us. I put my fights in every day anyway. One normally can find a sector to take as even in a bad week, one is not locked in all day. I get more fights in when we're not against a guild that is way better than us, but it's still not challenging. I cannot imagine how some of the guilds we've completed against made it to diamond, the little bit they fight. If I wasn't a phone player id try gvg again and see if it has the challenge I'm looking for. I'll continue to do gbg as I enjoy it, but it is sometimes quite discouraging and definitely rarely challenging. We're rarely evenly matched up

The GBG balance issue comes down to solving the gameplay factor (the fun of the challenge), not with handicapping large guilds by some arbitrary impediment.

It doesn’t appear the GBG beta testing showed up the siege camp - checkerboard exploit fully since the other buildings are, in practice, mostly worthless in the face of 4 or 5 adjacent siege camps.

And further, pointing out such an exploit is not “whining,” “complaining,” or whatever of the many nullifying gerunds are employed to change the subject.

The 4-hour lockdown combined with the ability to pay for instant siege camps with diamonds (and our guild uses this advantage too) can lock guilds on their beachhead for a whole season with only minutes to break out a few times a day.

Doing the rough math, a guild, during a checkboard swap, can flip a tile in as little 2 minutes (even faster) with 7-10 autobatttlers at zero attrition. The other guild, pinned on their beach tile, using an equal number or slightly greater number of autobattlers, will be forced to replace military units as attrition rises and thus lose time. After the second attempt before the daily reset, attrition gets too high to try to win a race.

I performed this experiment in the last Diamond season with what appeared to be slightly better than equal numbers (although it had to be guesstimated). Unfortunately, we missed winning races at 2, and 3-minute flip intervals on over two dozen breakout attempts due to the time lost in replacing units as attrition rose.

We came within seconds a few times, but the mounting attrition forced unit replacements more frequently at the end of the race, even when we were leading for 2/3 of the race. I had two teams (with a 3rd team on weekends) try to break out twice each day for most of the tournament. Lost time in unit replacement was the main factor that couldn't be overcome with such tight timing.

Not Visi

Give guilds the choice to actually play GBG, or farm fp's. Put all the farmers that don't want to play together, and let the fighters fight that want to

The Lady Redneck

Or simply how about INNO accepting the design flaws and making changes that work with them. Admit that GBG is not a war-game scenario. that it is or could be a very good farming addition to the game. Rename it Guild Farm Ground. Create new buildings that give us farming equipment like tractors, ploughs, combine harvesters. Maybe an event that gives buildings such as milking parlors or grain silos as the main prize, with hen houses and pig pens as secondary ones. And of course a GB of an agricultural college where we could send some of the unemployed peasants to learn the skills required

RazorbackPirate

Or simply how about INNO accepting the design flaws and making changes that work with them. Admit that GBG is not a war-game scenario. that it is or could be a very good farming addition to the game. Rename it Guild Farm Ground. Create new buildings that give us farming equipment like tractors, ploughs, combine harvesters. Maybe an event that gives buildings such as milking parlors or grain silos as the main prize, with hen houses and pig pens as secondary ones. And of course a GB of an agricultural college where we could send some of the unemployed peasants to learn the skills required
Your rhetoric is astounding.

Not Visi

I contacted inno about doing something with GBG, they said it's a war game and alliances will happen. And that I should post stuff on the forums, therefore inno has no intentions of doing anything to help us. We're on our own, even though we pay to play this game too.

Ebeondi Asi

The one large problem is being trapped in the home and the difficulty of breaking out, particularly for weaker Guilds..
One solution would be for All home tiles to automatically be free of attrition when attacking adjacent tiles to the Home tile.
100% zero attrition for all Guilds attacking a tile touching the Home Tile. Yes it is true this would help strongGuilds too, but not nearly as much as it would assit weaker Guids
Right from the start this would allow weaker Guilds a better chance at opening and at anytime they are trapped to break out.

If i was a success, or just as part of the original idea, the attrition free notion might be extended to 50% attrition free attacking one tile away from the home tile.

Ebeondi Asi

I contacted inno about doing something with GBG, they said it's a war game and alliances will happen. And that I should post stuff on the forums, therefore inno has no intentions of doing anything to help us. We're on our own, even though we pay to play this game too.
I read entitlement through and through your post.
it is a game. you are free to play or walk away. They have no need to cater to you. Plenty of people like it just as it is.
I make suggestions and accept that Inno can do as they please. And play the game as it is built.

Not Visi

Also cutting the progress in half only helps the bigger guilds. Leave the progress. 80 members against 40 is totally ridiculous too. It's like a high school football team going against an NFL team lol

icarusethan

Also cutting the progress in half only helps the bigger guilds. Leave the progress. 80 members against 40 is totally ridiculous too. It's like a high school football team going against an NFL team lol
then why you playing in nfl with a high school team?

Not Visi

Cuz that's how inno has made it lol no choice except the 1 they give us lol. We don't sound anymore "entitled" than u with your talk about the bigger guilds that have paid for and earned the right to be a bully speech lol

Klaaa

If Inno really want GbG to be actual strategy battleground or more balance, remove the diamond speed up camp: this will actually make teams need to think about timing putting up SCs, but I highly doubt they will do. One thing could also more ideal is don't limit LP at 1,000, there is a huge different between top guilds in 1000 LP Diamond league, with the mid/low tier diamond league guild. With no limit of LP, high LP will go against go each other all the time and will be less bullying on the lower tier diamond league.

Tony 85 the Generous

The latter is easy. Don't pay, or at least do not pay to play GBG (ie., do not spend diamonds obtained with RL cash in GBG).

Tony 85 the Generous

no, you have a choice to stay in high school league but you chose not to
That statement doesn't actually work. But I do know what you were trying to say,

Fact: Whether I stay in my guild or move is irrelevent.
Fact: Whether my guild is NFL, college, or high school level is irrelevent.
Fact: Not all of the teams can be NFL teams.
Fact: Not all of the thousands of players in a world can fit in the few NFL teams.
Fact: The "scheduling" mechanism Inno uses "schedules" high school teams to compete against NFL teams

Those facts are indisputable and undeniable.

Can I, personally, change teams? Yes. Can the other thousand players in a world change into the top teams? No. Why not? Math. There are more players than open membership spots. Why should the players have to change guilds in order to avoid being on a high school team scheduled to play a NFL team? Why should the players have to change guilds in order to avoid a problem with the game's design?

P.S. This is not the only instance of players having to do things to fix issues with the game, but is the only one relevent to this thread.

icarusethan

That statement doesn't actually work. But I do know what you were trying to say,

Fact: Whether I stay in my guild or move is irrelevent.
Fact: Whether my guild is NFL, college, or high school level is irrelevent.
Fact: Not all of the teams can be NFL teams.
Fact: Not all of the thousands of players in a world can fit in the few NFL teams.
Fact: The "scheduling" mechanism Inno uses "schedules" high school teams to compete against NFL teams

Those facts are indisputable and undeniable.

Can I, personally, change teams? Yes. Can the other thousand players in a world change into the top teams? No. Why not? Math. There are more players than open membership spots. Why should the players have to change guilds in order to avoid being on a high school team scheduled to play a NFL team? Why should the players have to change guilds in order to avoid a problem with the game's design?

P.S. This is not the only instance of players having to do things to fix issues with the game, but is the only one relevent to this thread.
read again, I said your guild can stay in plat but you chose not to, and yet crying about getting smacked in diamond league