• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Community Sprint

RedR0ck

It was planned in March and it said 2 weeks in June. We've been asked for ideas. Did you guys spend 2 weeks for the Community Sprint? Did you reschedule it?
There were so many great ideas. That would be sad if you skipped that Sprint.
Appreciate some feedback on those ideas.
Thank you!

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

It was announced in March. In that announcement and request for suggestions, there was information on the implementation. Specifically, the two weeks that developers would devote to the Sprint was to be in June. This part would not be visible to us, as it is behind the scenes work. The actual in-game implementation of any changes/upgrades resulting from that Sprint was stated as planned for Update 1.209. Since the most recent update was 1.207, we may have another few weeks until we see if anything came of the suggestions.

RazorbackPirate

So it will be one, or maybe 3 from these suggestions.
Or none, or others we'll see that never got sent out for vote. I see at least one item from the list in the Beta spoilers, we may see others. Regardless, whatever we see will appear on Beta first. Best to keep checking there.

Pumbaa the Great

Or none, or others we'll see that never got sent out for vote. I see at least one item from the list in the Beta spoilers, we may see others. Regardless, whatever we see will appear on Beta first. Best to keep checking there.
It must be the mobile messages (I don't use mobile much). I have not seen any of the others on Beta yet. Unless it is the super Beta people that gets first crack at the new features of Beta FOE. I am not one of those people. :(

RazorbackPirate

It must be the mobile messages (I don't use mobile much). I have not seen any of the others on Beta yet. Unless it is the super Beta people that gets first crack at the new features of Beta FOE. I am not one of those people. :(
There is one in the Spoilers section. It is not live, but something you can see they are working on.

Pericles the Lion

Daily changelog beta

• A search function has been added to the Global Ranking to allow players to search for players with a certain Great Building.
  • The outgoing friend limit has been increased from 80 to 140 Friends.
The GB tab is showing up on the live server now. When will the 80 limit be increased? I just tested it and it's still 80.

Last edited:

-Chen-

Am I the only one who thinks that trade feature would be REALLY nice?? I find making a bunch of trades to be very tedious, but I often have to create many pages of them to help fill in certain spots that got hit hard during a GBG season. So, anything that makes that chore quicker and easier would be very welcome!!!

RedR0ck

Am I the only one who thinks that trade feature would be REALLY nice?? I find making a bunch of trades to be very tedious, but I often have to create many pages of them to help fill in certain spots that got hit hard during a GBG season. So, anything that makes that chore quicker and easier would be very welcome!!!
I think it’s important for goods traders only. I’m not over excited about this.

Emberguard

I think it’s important for goods traders only. I’m not over excited about this.
It would be good to be able to create multiple trades at once if the trades were also displayed stacked in the market.

InnoGames

Your friendly forum bot
FOE Team
Hello Kings and Queens,

We have a delicate matter we’d like to clarify to address some misconceptions that have arisen regarding a post about the Forge Royalty program.

Within this thread, it was stated by a moderator that large spenders were asked by email and got preference on what items were selected for the Community Sprint.

This was not correctly expressed on a couple of points.

Firstly, the context of the email was not to provide preference, but purely to help us garner more quantitative data on the popularity of already existing items that were recommended by players.

We would like to state that with the selection of features for the Community Sprint, that all ideas were considered equally, and no preferential treatment or rounds of voting were used within the decision-making process.

Indeed, these votes did not have any direct impact on the implementation of features. The decision was made based on all data collected (including all contributions and recommendations made by players across our different servers), as well as what was possible in terms of scope for a two-week sprint.

Furthermore, we also would like to clarify that the way the Forge Royalty program was described, was an incorrect summarization. This program invites players to participate based on being loyal and long-term players. The criteria for this are multi-faceted, and alone cannot be summarized based on expenditure.

Moreover, the program itself provides services subsidiary to the game, and nothing that would constitute an in-game advantage or provide any form of preferential treatment.

I hope this helps clarify the misconceptions that arose from the post that was made and explains why it was incorrect on a couple of points.

Thank you for playing Forge of Empires!

Sincerely,

Your Forge of Empires Team.

Kranyar the Mysterious

We have a delicate matter we’d like to clarify

Sincerely,

Your Forge of Empires Team.
So you can communicate with us about this, but remain totally silent when the community asks questions over and over that are obviously inconvenient regarding fixing things, or making things work properly or fun. God knows we'll never hear a peep then.

Too bad you can't even do a simple Community Sprint without messing it up (great building search doesn't work, marketplace UI so poorly designed it hides the prior or next era information if the eras are on different rows, etc), not to mention not fixing bugs that have been introduced on beta and reported, and worse yet going ahead and introducing the buggy code onto live and breaking things there as well (like the current tavern bug).

Even sadder is that this is nothing new. Thanks for nothing Forge of Empires Team.

Sincerely,

Your Forge of Empires Player Base

Xenosaur

I'd like to share the "glass half full" side for a moment. Notwithstanding the frustration expressed, I thank InnoGames for the effort to envision, create, and execute the concept of a "Community Sprint" for the product through feature adds and some chronic annoyance fixes.

DO NOT stop doing that please. I'd like to call this "Community Sprint 1", for that reason.

In the big strategic picture, the Community Sprint concept is at first, a free-form step to really understanding (without the rigors of the Forum's NEW IDEAS) what the community thinks is important to them. Good product management can rapidly discard the chaff suggestions, and study the "wheat" ideas as they aggregate. I liken it to (when I was in the business of software development...) a chance to travel to large customer sites and talk firsthand with their teams about what my product needed. It's classic Product/Dev management functions.

Yes, some suggestions will clearly NOT fit what you want, or where you want to take the product. That's OK. None of us are surprised an "AID all" isn't implemented. Right now, it's in the game's DNA to aid manually (vs a single button - do all).

However with an eye to flexibility and wanting to partner with your players to make the game experience more dynamic and meaningful, many good ideas will not destroy the vision you've got for your game. In fact, they will help it. Again, it just requires a bit of flexibility. I'm not lobbying for an AID ALL button either - with these comments.

Many of the things asked for reflect how the world's changed in 10 years, since FoE was originally designed, and implemented. In my humble opinion as a player here for about half that time, the best thing you can do for FoE is to understand the modern balance of people's lives, and fit more cooperatively into that. Don't make people choose to be here, vs dealing with their real life things.

There is a way to do both, and once you've lost a frustrated player, getting new eager ones is much harder.

There are a lot of game-savvy and even dev-savvy people here that can assist you seeing that, if you'll let us. I'm in the camp that thinks Community Sprint did some good.

In the final analysis, yes - it's all about the Benjamins (or Deutschemarks..). Thanks for the effort on CS.