• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

Sharmon the Impaler

You cannot share goods between worlds. But you can share expertise and the required information to move your fighters.

No but you can share diamonds and if it's the same guild fighting themselves in coop then you can count on about 800 diamonds per season from GbG and about 400 diamonds from GE per season. The goods accumulated in GbG per season is far from trivial as well especially if both "Fighter1" and Fighter1A" are fighting themselves in full coop. Both players could sync their eras and GBs to make it much easier to manage goods and although you cannot trade goods outright between worlds, with cross world GbG it would be just a question of semantics.

85gt

Not going to happen ,

Multiple accounts are allowed across different worlds and the abuse and goods sharing between accounts would go through the roof. All it would take is the time it takes for the big guilds to form "mirror" guilds in other worlds and the exact same thing would exist except players would play against themselves and rake in double the rewards.
You cannot share goods between worlds only diamonds, and it would take time to create the same guild in many worlds, can`t imagine the amount of time to create 25+ mirrored guilds with the same members

Tony 85 the Generous

No but you can share diamonds and if it's the same guild fighting themselves in coop then you can count on about 800 diamonds per season from GbG and about 400 diamonds from GE per season.
400 Diamonds per GE season???

You cannot share goods between worlds only diamonds, and it would take time to create the same guild in many worlds, can`t imagine the amount of time to create 25+ mirrored guilds with the same members
I don't see convincing members to create new cities in all of the other worlds and then create guilds, and then maintain all of that. What I do see happening is players creating basic cities in order to be able to communicate across worlds in an effort to create and facilitate alliances, one of the problems with GBG.

Johnny B. Goode

When can we stop pretending that GBG is about winning...or being the best? It's about farming rewards, pure and simple. Nobody cares about winning their group, they only care about where they place in order to stay in whatever league level they prefer. Other than that, it's just trading sectors with one or more other guilds in order to get more rewards. That doesn't make you the best. I don't like GvG, but at least that's about winning to some extent.

Johnny B. Goode

the people who complains about gbg are the ones in small guilds and getting their behind kicked everytime they enter the diamond league, farming is a new concept for them
I'm not complaining, just stating facts. I basically ignore GBG, but that is immaterial to the fact that it is not about "getting behinds kicked" by any stretch of the imagination. It's about guilds working together (instead of actually, you know, battling) to farm the most personal rewards. Has nothing whatsoever to do with kicking behinds. I used to think GvG was pretty bad about alliances destroying the basic concept of a feature, but GBG takes it to a whole new level. The proof is the number of guild leaders who come here asking for a way to find out which member is screwing up their farming schemes by actually taking sectors.

Tell you what, why don't you and your guild go it alone and see whose behind gets kicked. No alliances, just your guild taking on whoever is on your GBG map. It's no great feat for two or three large guilds to band together and keep the newcomers down. Try it without your buddies and see what happens. But you won't do that, because that will cut into everyone's rewards. And the sad fact is that GBG ranking potential is capped, so winning has no logical basis. And that is why GBG is broken. At least in GvG a guild can separate itself in the rankings from the other strong guilds. Not so in GBG.

And to throw your own lame words back at you, the people who defend GBG are the ones is alliance guilds who only farm GBG and don't actually care about winning.

icarusethan

I'm not complaining, just stating facts. I basically ignore GBG, but that is immaterial to the fact that it is not about "getting behinds kicked" by any stretch of the imagination. It's about guilds working together (instead of actually, you know, battling) to farm the most personal rewards. Has nothing whatsoever to do with kicking behinds. I used to think GvG was pretty bad about alliances destroying the basic concept of a feature, but GBG takes it to a whole new level. The proof is the number of guild leaders who come here asking for a way to find out which member is screwing up their farming schemes by actually taking sectors.

Tell you what, why don't you and your guild go it alone and see whose behind gets kicked. No alliances, just your guild taking on whoever is on your GBG map. It's no great feat for two or three large guilds to band together and keep the newcomers down. Try it without your buddies and see what happens. But you won't do that, because that will cut into everyone's rewards. And the sad fact is that GBG ranking potential is capped, so winning has no logical basis. And that is why GBG is broken. At least in GvG a guild can separate itself in the rankings from the other strong guilds. Not so in GBG.

And to throw your own lame words back at you, the people who defend GBG are the ones is alliance guilds who only farm GBG and don't actually care about winning.
the fact you think I was talking about you explains a lot. gbg is a reward system for well-run guilds, simple as that.

Johnny B. Goode

the fact you think I was talking about you explains a lot.
You were quoting my post. Do you usually quote posts and then make remarks that have nothing to do with what you've quoted? If so, that explains even more.
gbg is a reward system for well-run guilds, simple as that.
No, GBG has been turned into a farming system for guild alliances, not necessarily well run guilds. If they were well run, they wouldn't come crying to the Forum asking Inno to tell them who flipped their precious sectors. LOL

85gt

GBG is a joke, it ruins the small guilds, you either join a large guild or fall behind. Im in a large guild had 8067 fights last season and that is more im sure than some guilds on our map had in the entire guild.
Just saying the whole thing is all wrong and its making the gap between large and small guilds/players bigger. it needs to be taken out till it can be fixed

Johnny B. Goode

good job taking an individual post and think all guilds have issues with that. i know your solo guild doesn't have that issue for sure, congrats :)
Apparently you haven't been paying attention. It has been the single most complained about feature of GBG from the "better" guilds. Repeated requests for logs or notifications pretty much since day one of GBG. And no, I don't have that issue.

Ace-

Whatever else you think, it is obvious that there is a great amount of dissatisfaction with GBG. When two guilds completely dominate, it makes it quite difficult for other guilds to have any meaningful participation, let alone compete. Telling them they need to ”try harder“ misses the point.

Ranking by largely meaningless “league” points results in far too many guilds who are in the top league. Many of them have no chance against the most powerful guilds, but guess what? They end up in diamond again the next time with much the same results.

We used to play a card game where players competed for what were essentially points. It didn’t take us long to realize the game was unbalanced. The rules were such that whoever was ahead got most of the “bonus” points, which just exaggerated the lead. The outcome became fairly obvious long before the game ended. Not much fun for anyone. Haven’t played in years.

GBG has the same weakness. Unless Inno makes changes, including a better means of evenly matching guilds, the problem will only get worse as the gap between guilds is reinforced every session.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

I see the problem of striong Guilds gettingstronger as a problem only for weakerGuild Founders and (perhaps) leaders) Everyne else can just move to a strongerGuild when they feel ready and can be accepted into one.Htere is no 'penalty' for quitting a loser Guild andjoininga stronger one.(except tothe founders of the weak Guild.
Guilds have Merged to become stronger too. and even Founders can quit and go join a strongGuild. So really there is no if you are weaker yocan never win.. that stateemnt is utterly false. all you have to do is join a better Guild. and th top Guids on occasion break off a bunch and form new Guilds whcich an take a lot of new people who can move up

LoveNkind

Th
Whatever else you think, it is obvious that there is a great amount of dissatisfaction with GBG. When two guilds completely dominate, it makes it quite difficult for other guilds to have any meaningful participation, let alone compete. Telling them they need to ”try harder“ misses the point.

Ranking by largely meaningless “league” points results in far too many guilds who are in the top league. Many of them have no chance against the most powerful guilds, but guess what? They end up in diamond again the next time with much the same results.

We used to play a card game where players competed for what were essentially points. It didn’t take us long to realize the game was unbalanced. The rules were such that whoever was ahead got most of the “bonus” points, which just exaggerated the lead. The outcome became fairly obvious long before the game ended. Not much fun for anyone. Haven’t played in years.

GBG has the same weakness. Unless Inno makes changes, including a better means of evenly matching guilds, the problem will only get worse as the gap between guilds is reinforced every session.
This is a clear description of why some guilds are having unfair trouble in GBG. Any guild that has made Diamond League HAS put in the years and the work. I am a new player in a front-page Diamond League guild. We are almost always second in GBG, which underscores the complaints that the game is sort of rigged. I am advantaged, and I did not earn it beyond choosing my guild carefully. Where Diamond leaguers are disadvantaged, something needs to be fixed.

Tony 85 the Generous

This is a clear description of why some guilds are having unfair trouble in GBG. Any guild that has made Diamond League HAS put in the years and the work. I am a new player in a front-page Diamond League guild. We are almost always second in GBG, which underscores the complaints that the game is sort of rigged. I am advantaged, and I did not earn it beyond choosing my guild carefully. Where Diamond leaguers are disadvantaged, something needs to be fixed.
Based on the league points system it does not take years to start a city and make it diamond league. Without paying real world money it can be done in less than 8 months. I started a city and a guild to prove just this is possible. All a guilds needs is to be able to place P1 or P2 for 7 seasons. This gets the guild to diamond league. Because of the league points system, it does not mean the guild will be competitive and/or able to stay in diamond league.