• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

UBERhelp1

Higher Age Units Guide v1.2
  • Finally added OF troops in InA info (thanks again to @Stefanos 83163)
  • Added @Stefanos 83163 to the Awesome People list (thanks!)
  • Made the InA troop info Part 6
  • Removed the previous Part 6 (tips/tricks), since it was a useless filler section
  • Small fixes across the guide
  • Updated links and formatting across the guide
  • Removed Part 3 blurb about hovers in InA since strategy has been added

This should be the last update for a while unless I notice any mistakes or new information comes up. Good luck with the higher age troops everyone!

FluffyPhoenix

Hold up, the secrets to wrecking Indy have been found? Oh, baby.

*I figured I'd be locked in my Indy farm because I got ahold of rocket artilleries, but that is absolutely terrifying that you can get subs in Indy. I may try this if a new server ever pops up,

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Hold up, the secrets to wrecking Indy have been found? Oh, baby.

*I figured I'd be locked in my Indy farm because I got ahold of rocket artilleries, but that is absolutely terrifying that you can get subs in Indy. I may try this if a new server ever pops up,
The smartest fighters may soon never go higher than InA. Who knows?

ant..

I'm starting a new city. In Iron Age when I get to the quest Cutting Off the Supplies, it gives me a choice of acquiring either Ruug or Karchagu. Does it make any difference which?
Should I not do any province that I don't have to?

UBERhelp1

I'm starting a new city. In Iron Age when I get to the quest Cutting Off the Supplies, it gives me a choice of acquiring either Ruug or Karchagu. Does it make any difference which?
Should I not do any province that I don't have to?
It doesn't really matter. You can avoid provinces if you want to, but you don't get any benefit for doing that other than maybe being able to take sectors for an event quest if one of those come up (they have been rare recently without an alternative).

ant..

It doesn't really matter. You can avoid provinces if you want to, but you don't get any benefit for doing that other than maybe being able to take sectors for an event quest if one of those come up (they have been rare recently without an alternative).
Thanks. I missed hovers in PME in my main when the videos went private. Messed up somewhere and had to go to CE. I think getting them in Indy is worth the trouble of a new city.
Glad you put this together.

Stefanos 83163

One hypothesis/question:
Is there any moment in the game earlier than the end of the PME story, where a story quest becomes a side quest? If yes, this could be an even better moment to skip to the FE story line as the trigger of the FE story is maybe only dependend on the "free story quest slot". If this is the only dependency: is there a moment in the game, where the story quest line disappears? In such a case potentially it could be possible to develop the cMap to FE and trigger the FE story line.
What do you think?

UBERhelp1

One hypothesis/question:
Is there any moment in the game earlier than the end of the PME story, where a story quest becomes a side quest? If yes, this could be an even better moment to skip to the FE story line as the trigger of the FE story is maybe only dependend on the "free story quest slot". If this is the only dependency: is there a moment in the game, where the story quest line disappears? In such a case potentially it could be possible to develop the cMap to FE and trigger the FE story line.
What do you think?
The only other point that I know of is in either HMA or LMA or maybe the bonus questline when it's like "Hang the witch or save her." But it doesn't matter. You'd get stuck on the PE questline in every age below InA. If a way past PE can be figured out, that opens it up to CA. Then to get lower than that, you'd have to skip the CA blockers, and so on and so forth.

baldius

regarding mgs in pme i negotiated 1 sector of cai chet nui then fought rest of it then scouted and fought all sot dam lay i never touched rung chien dau but have no mg quest i have 2 rq open but nothing

UBERhelp1

regarding mgs in pme i negotiated 1 sector of cai chet nui then fought rest of it then scouted and fought all sot dam lay i never touched rung chien dau but have no mg quest i have 2 rq open but nothing
Well that explains it. You can't fight the sectors owned by Che until you get the MGs

Misty Moonshine

I have encountered a player in PME with Artic Future (Surrogate Soldier) troops. Your guide does not show being able to get troops from Arctic in PME.

FluffyPhoenix

The smartest fighters may soon never go higher than InA. Who knows?

Have we tried going lower? Like, is there a forced roadblock in the lower quests or is it possible to also jump them by being negotiating through a lot? The thought of hovers in BA or IA is hilarious, but the funding needed is absurd.

baldius

Have we tried going lower? Like, is there a forced roadblock in the lower quests or is it possible to also jump them by being negotiating through a lot? The thought of hovers in BA or IA is hilarious, but the funding needed is absurd.
wont matter this is defo gonna get patched no way they gonna let this go its too big its gonna screw whole gbg and arena

UBERhelp1

I have encountered a player in PME with Artic Future (Surrogate Soldier) troops. Your guide does not show being able to get troops from Arctic in PME.
If you read the guide, it does.
After the story quests jump to FE, the story follows along normally, but I did want to add the above information just because it is so important. The player is not tech blocked after they skip the CE blocker until they reach the end of the OF story. To see more information on the AF and OF stories, troops, and cMaps, see Part 5.

ohh i didnt read that anywhere i only saw negotiate 1 sector take either province and adjoining province
Fixed. Sorry about that.

The only other point that I know of is in either HMA or LMA or maybe the bonus questline when it's like "Hang the witch or save her." But it doesn't matter. You'd get stuck on the PE questline in every age below InA. If a way past PE can be figured out, that opens it up to CA. Then to get lower than that, you'd have to skip the CA blockers, and so on and so forth.

wont matter this is defo gonna get patched no way they gonna let this go its too big its gonna screw whole gbg and arena
They've left it open for this long. It won't get patched most likely. After all, for players that plan ahead for long enough and gather all the resources to do such a long-term thing, there won't be that many people doing it.

Halgar

You can get oceanic and arctic troops in PME by following this guide for hover tanks and then just continuing through the map to the higher ages. However, hover tanks are generally better troops than anything you'll get in the arctic and oceanic maps. I've tested the arctic and oceanic troops in PME during GBG, and hover tanks are the clear winner despite being a lower age. One hover tank and 7 rogues can auto-battle GBG very comfortably if you have decent combat. There is no need to get the arctic or oceanic troops at all, but I do use them for defense just for the novelty of it. :)

Huge thanks @UBERhelp1 for this. One question on getting Advanced era troops in CA.
I did not abort side events on reaching IA map, and the 4th or 5th one is " The Natives Request" which grants 3 Rifleman (have to build a Ranger or rifle range). Right now I've the story quest and 2 side quests, and I'll just keep doing the side quests to see what happens. It's my Beta world, so just for fun.
My question: if I don't mind losing the RQ slot, should I still fight North and Neg South? I was going to do that, as I wanted to get the 1 Rapid Fire cannon rather than 2 conscripts. Thanks again for all the amazing work put in to this.

UBERhelp1

Huge thanks @UBERhelp1 for this. One question on getting Advanced era troops in CA.
I did not abort side events on reaching IA map, and the 4th or 5th one is " The Natives Request" which grants 3 Rifleman (have to build a Ranger or rifle range). Right now I've the story quest and 2 side quests, and I'll just keep doing the side quests to see what happens. It's my Beta world, so just for fun.
My question: if I don't mind losing the RQ slot, should I still fight North and Neg South? I was going to do that, as I wanted to get the 1 Rapid Fire cannon rather than 2 conscripts. Thanks again for all the amazing work put in to this.
If you don't mind losing the RQ slot then you can fight everything if you wanted to. Fighting North and Negotiating South is only for not triggering the bonus questline.

And thanks for your feedback! :)