• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wildlife Event 2021 Feedback

TheBarkKnight

day 1 and i already have FIVE menageries - i can't sell them off, i can't delete them - what am i supposed to do with FIVE of these??? i don't even want to build ONE of them because they are too large and take up too much room.
You have to unlock them in your inventory then you can sell them in the Auction House. Some friendly advise for the future, don't spend your turns until there is a daily prize you want/ this is for most Events.

Pickleweasel

Positive feedback: I like that there is a new event rather than just a repeat of an old one. I like that the daily prize swap option is back, hopefully as a mainstay in future events as well.

------------

Negative feedback: The mini-game does not seem properly balanced, as the ability to buy tools is extremely limited/the cost is exorbitant based on the amount of coins we actually obtain through the event.

If the surprise box mechanic must stay (I really wish it wouldn't), please add a tool-tip/description of what is contained in the box (at a minimum, time-restricted to when it becomes usable at the start of the next event, if you don't want it visible prior to then); as it stands now, if you don't hunt down the information on the internet somewhere, you can't tell what is in the box - and that only works if you open the box before you have multiples waiting to be opened.

Alternatively; if you don't want people to know what is in a given surprise box until it is opened, fine . . . but at least apply a name/icon to each individual box that is indicative of the event during which it could first be opened.

------------

Middling feedback: Some people feel like they must horde game-play tokens in a given event until there is a good daily prize that they like (not me). That hampers them if they don't keep getting the free ticket refills to play the game as many times as possible throughout the event. I can see both sides of the argument for a ticket refill timer having a cap (i.e. you only get them free as long as there is room, and then too bad for you if you aren't using them), but I am reticent to accept that the desire to get people to play every day outweighs the ability to acquire all of the possible tickets.

Graviton

Some friendly advise for the future, don't spend your turns until there is a daily prize you want/ this is for most Events.

I think Inno is trying to eliminate that strategy by doling out tickets every 8 hours, but capping it at a certain number. If you don't spend your tickets on chances every day you stop accumulating them, thus if you wait for a prize you want you're going to lose a bunch of chances to play.

RichardFromage

You have to unlock them in your inventory then you can sell them in the Auction House. Some friendly advise for the future, don't spend your turns until there is a daily prize you want/ this is for most Events.

how do you unlock them?? it's greyed out...
as far as getting chests - the percentage chance was supposed to be low for getting the menagerie - i wanted the other stuff, but somehow i beat the odds...if i have a 92% of NOT getting a menagerie, why wouldn't i take it??
i learned today though to switch the daily reward - at least once - once i've gotten it...

I love the mini-game. It takes effort. It’s better than the pay-to-win ‘games’ that saw folks with several maxed out event buildings on day one. I hope there are more like this in the future!

Portia the Benevolent

There’s no way I’m getting this grand prize. I’ve gone through 640 coins (basically all the rush coins) and still haven’t gotten past the first round. And the grand prize is spaced every three rounds, which means I need to make it through 7 rounds. You have made this impossible. Thanks a lot.

And by the way, I know how to play this type of game — but you’ve stacked it against the players.

UBERhelp1

I kind of like this minigame. You really have to think about it a lot and strategize. The only thing I don't like so far is that paws don't appear for me often. I keep getting one appearing at the start of the game, but once I drop it no more appear. Other than that though, me likey.

Zatrikon

A board starts wit one paw on it. I manage to get that one off, and then no more paws appear for the full 25 moves. Is this really how you intended the game to work? It's very frustrating.

Gunff

This event is poorly done. Not only does it commonly start you in a candy crush game with literally 1 tile around the paws (so that you can’t even drop it down), there have been games where I had 1 paw and no more appeared even after having 20+ moves left. I play candy crush style games myself but this is way more difficult to find matching pairs that can “assist” with the bottom single tiles. This is EVEN more difficult when you create a chest and you STILL have to drop those chests and can’t even use their colors to match with other single tiles. If you don’t have hammers you’re basically toast, stuck, and wasted your entire ticket.

Speaking of hammers, why are we only getting 10 paw coins for a quest when just a single hammer costs 55? Or a large package is 1230? Seriously? Seems like Inno doesn’t want us to get the max level unless you spend diamonds.

Grand prize is upgrade every other 2 prizes. If we’re literally averaging 0-1 paws each game there’s just no way (especially when we don’t even get enough paw coins to buy large tool packages several times to help with the mini game). And the tickets take 8 hours to build. It’s a joke. If I finish all the quests and actively play each ticket I should be able to get max level comfortably. You guys made it feel impossible.

Every single person in my guild has agreed, this is by far the worst balanced event in the 4 years I've been playing FOE and you summed it up nicely. The lack of paws, lack of coins, no shuffle upgrade, needing 60 paws to get an upgrade, this event is just painful. that's the only way I can really describe it. It's painful to play, painful to think about how even if i spent thousands of diamonds i won't get the full building and painful to know i have to waste another 19 days to finish it.

I think i've only maybe posted 1 or 2 times in the entire 4 years i've been playing but this event is so badly done it made me login just to say something.

Savvy187

100% Pay to win. I didn't have time for PVP and I certainly do not have time for grandma's match 3 trash. Nice reward though. It is supposed to be too difficult/time consuming so people spend diamonds. The entire game is designed to manipulate people into spending money, so, yes, this is working exactly as intended sadly.

kjolnir

What a terrible event. I've cashed in 8 tickets and on at least three standard move sets (20 moves, no extensions) and I haven't seen a second paw come in after clearing the one the game starts with. Not to mention how overpriced the boosts/boost packs are compared to the actual coins you have the ability to earn.

This event seems deliberately and obviously rigged to be utterly impossible to complete without spending diamonds.

Kranyar the Mysterious

100% Pay to win. I didn't have time for PVP and I certainly do not have time for grandma's match 3 trash. Nice reward though. It is supposed to be too difficult/time consuming so people spend diamonds. The entire game is designed to manipulate people into spending money, so, yes, this is working exactly as intended sadly.
Really? It's only Day 2 and I've already gotten 4 pieces of the main prize for free (from multiple methods) and won 10 Sentinel Outpost upgrades.

For Free.

This is such a good event so far, that I will almost certainly spend diamonds I've earned in game, and possibly more than in some of my other prior events. I'll probably end up with 2 fully leveled event buildings and a ton of fully upgraded SO's and some AD fodder all for free.

Sorry, don't see the pay to win here, unless you are impatient, and that is on you.

Savvy187

Really? It's only Day 2 and I've already gotten 4 pieces of the main prize for free (from multiple methods) and won 10 Sentinel Outpost upgrades.

For Free.

This is such a good event so far, that I will almost certainly spend diamonds I've earned in game, and possibly more than in some of my other prior events. I'll probably end up with 2 fully leveled event buildings and a ton of fully upgraded SO's and some AD fodder all for free.

Sorry, don't see the pay to win here, unless you are impatient, and that is on you.
Don't be sorry man, the vast majority of people don't understand the pay to win, otherwise it would not be so popular.

icarusethan

this thread itself already showed how good this event design is. poor skill people not getting anywhere in the event and people who willing to spend diamond are willing to use the credit card on it. prefect in multiple perspectives

67Sage101

I don't like the coin payout for the boosters. I don't have enough boosters and I'm sitting here on the same board for several days now waiting for enough coins to get boosters to break an annoying block I can't get rid of. I've heard that if I want to get the grand prize I need all the paws I can get and two are waiting for hammer to unlock them.

Beyond that I'm looking at the next prizes....WW and then FP, and then I presume another Mountain Reserve Upgrade Kit. Seems like it take too many paws to get back to the MR kits as a prize. So I get one MR kit for 20 paws. Then have to get 60 paws for the next MR kit. Then another 60 after that.

icarusethan

I don't like the coin payout for the boosters. I don't have enough boosters and I'm sitting here on the same board for several days now waiting for enough coins to get boosters to break an annoying block I can't get rid of. I've heard that if I want to get the grand prize I need all the paws I can get and two are waiting for hammer to unlock them.
you do realize doing so you gonna lose one ticket every 8 hours right? which equals 25 moves?

mcharlesr

This event is poorly done. Not only does it commonly start you in a candy crush game with literally 1 tile around the paws (so that you can’t even drop it down), there have been games where I had 1 paw and no more appeared even after having 20+ moves left. I play candy crush style games myself but this is way more difficult to find matching pairs that can “assist” with the bottom single tiles. This is EVEN more difficult when you create a chest and you STILL have to drop those chests and can’t even use their colors to match with other single tiles. If you don’t have hammers you’re basically toast, stuck, and wasted your entire ticket.

Speaking of hammers, why are we only getting 10 paw coins for a quest when just a single hammer costs 55? Or a large package is 1230? Seriously? Seems like Inno doesn’t want us to get the max level unless you spend diamonds.

Grand prize is upgrade every other 2 prizes. If we’re literally averaging 0-1 paws each game there’s just no way (especially when we don’t even get enough paw coins to buy large tool packages several times to help with the mini game). And the tickets take 8 hours to build. It’s a joke. If I finish all the quests and actively play each ticket I should be able to get max level comfortably. You guys made it feel impossible.
I agree. The game design algorithms raise questions -- very difficult to get entry tickets, and even harder to get tools to get the Candy Crush screen to move to the bottom row to get rewards. Playing the Candy Crush screen without tools is unrewarding and frustrating since it is almost impossible to get rewards