• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Wildlife Event 2021 Feedback

CDmark

side topic, related to event building. Log Cabin (new version)
How can this sell in the AD (2hr) for 540 coin 0-1 gem and the dark doorway 4050 coin 5-8 gem? something isnt right here, basically the same stats., 3FP. The supply boost may actually make the LG a bit more valuable.

Ironrooster

side topic, related to event building. Log Cabin (new version)
How can this sell in the AD (2hr) for 540 coin 0-1 gem and the dark doorway 4050 coin 5-8 gem? something isnt right here, basically the same stats., 3FP. The supply boost may actually make the LG a bit more valuable.
Dark Doorway has more people. But it shouldn't make that much difference.
There are many quirks in the game. I no longer let that bother me, I just try to take advantage of them where I san. :D

AyeMatey

This is the best I've done, so far, in the Popping Blocks game. I'll use the hammer on the yellow block and win 4 paw prints and 4 chests. You need to sit and study the board for a few minutes before going on a popping frenzy. Patience is the key to this Wildlife Event in FoE.

Wildlife Event.jpg

Last edited:

Periclez

Two changes I'd like to see.

1. Event notifications should pop up over the mini-game board, not behind it. As it is, if one is curious about a notification while playing the mini game, one has to exit the mini game and click back to events.

2. Player should be able to look at the board when making the decision to end level or continue playing. Not everyone has good visual memory, (not my problem), but If one has planned the last move to clear many paws/chests, then it is hard to make that decision with the new configuration of the mini game board blocked by the choice screen.

matr

Awesome event, love the minigame - lots of skill instead of pure mindless luck. Ive played for hours, spent way more diamonds than planned and have 3 completed eagle mountains so far. Well done Inno. Excellent event.

matr

A board starts wit one paw on it. I manage to get that one off, and then no more paws appear for the full 25 moves. Is this really how you intended the game to work? It's very frustrating.
I've gotten all kinds of starting boards, some are real easy to get 5 or 6 paws, a few I got none, my average is 3 paws per board. The more paws you see at the beginning the easier it is to score big. Boards with lots of paws it is worth extra turns particularly if you see how to get another paw for sure. The cost of extra turns is about the same cost per move as a ticket to a new game.

matr

When the game ends after 25 moves, it would be better if you didnt BLOCK the whole game with the window to extend for 65 coins or end the game. I would like to see if paying for moves is worth it but that window blocks the game.
I trick I use is to press print screen just before the game switches to the extend screen, it freezes the game and I can take my time to decide if I want to continue.

matr

3 free tickets every day , 25 turns free per ticket , 1-2 paws on average per ticket if you carefully analyze how your click will affect the resultant pattern left. That means looking both left and right and up. The pair of shorts only forms in the row you click on so use that to your advantage. Save your coins for the last 3 days to use the extra turns and boosters to finish up. It still sucks though
Not sure why everyone is saying 1 to 2 paws per board, My average over 40 boards is a little over 3 paws per board. My first 10 boards I did terrible but after learning some techniques and planning better my amount improved substantially. There are several good Youtube videos showing how others play that helped me. This game definitely takes thinking, planning and being able to visualize the effect any particular move will cause. I would think gamers would love the challenge instead of all the complaining. The pure luck events drive me up the wall. I would rather just have the prize handed to me than having to spin a wheel or light Christmas tree lights. Those are just games of chance. This one can be played with real skills.
By the way the different color tiles have different prizes associated with them.

Blue FP
Green coin supply
Orange metals , bp
Red, troops
Yellow Goods
Don't block together the colors if you don't want the prizes that color contains. The daily special can be won with any color.

matr

You are exactly right. That is precisely what this event is for, to make money. Players can't win without spending real money, and a lot of it, on this one. Unless you have a diamond factory shard or 10. I'm pretty turned off by it, it's making me rethink if I want to keep playing this game if going forward those who don't mind spending $$$$ will be the only ones who can get the good stuff.
Isn't the whole point of the game for Inno to make money?

matr

This is why I hate InnoGames.

View attachment 18959
Good example of poor play skills. Left most paw is 5 moves to drop. Chests next to paws is a no no. They blockade the ability to move tiles into the spot you need them. Avoid stacking multiple paws up on the board, They also blockade the ability to clear them. This would be a good time to buy a hammer and get the 3 paws that are stacked. Or buy the spinner and get 4 plus the 2 chests. I've had boards go off course and ended up stuck too. I use them to learn what to do and what not to do. Practice has made me much better at the game.

Altercus

The idea that one should have to be good at a particular mini game or event to get a complete event building...:rolleyes:. City growth is a function of time and effort (and Inno hopes, money) invested in growing one's city. Events up til this point have been a way to increase player time and interaction with the game in return for a building or buildings which will promote city growth. "Skills" don't come into it, even when considering combat which is a turn-based system and anyone who is even a medium level player autos anyway.

And contrary to the opinion of a few here, being good at this mini-game doesn't signify anything other than being good at this mini-game. Those "skills" & a couple bucks will get you coffee at McDonalds.

Given the reception of the mini-game INNO would have to be stupid to bring it back. So, of course Inno will absolutely bring it back. That being said, I'll be getting full event building by the end so I guess it's good enough as that's my entire reason for playing. Not pretending that being good at Candy Crush Lite somehow makes me intelligent or skilled.

RazorbackPirate

I'll be getting full event building by the end so I guess it's good enough as that's my entire reason for playing. Not pretending that being good at Candy Crush Lite somehow makes me intelligent or skilled.
So you're saying it was a good event with no special skill required, just like every other event. In that, we can agree. Congrats on a full prize for free.

I don't really care for this mini-game. I guess the thinking part is ok but the number of times where the board is empty of paws is a bit off-putting. I can clear the only paw on the board and then go 15 moves without seeing another paw. Then one will finally appear when I have two or three moves left with absolutely no way of getting it down. Would it really be so hard to program that, when you clear a paw, if there isn't another paw on the board, force a paw to come down?

Also, I think the chest win percentages could be tweaked a bit. Before everyone starts yelling at me, yes, I know the goal is to get paws but if I string 10+ tiles together, I think I should have more than a 12% chance of getting the grand prize.

Last edited:

Nashtah

100% Pay to win. I didn't have time for PVP and I certainly do not have time for grandma's match 3 trash. Nice reward though. It is supposed to be too difficult/time consuming so people spend diamonds. The entire game is designed to manipulate people into spending money, so, yes, this is working exactly as intended sadly.

I am a little lot on this , as I don't pay and have the level 6 building and will have the 7th/final level when the event ends for the final quest. However I didn't try are all for the daily, but was only after paws until I got all of the paws needs to get the level 6, which was 3 pieces from the mini game as I had the event box and the two pieces from the quest line.

I averaged just over 4 paws per board without diamonds until I had locked up a fully upgraded building, including the final upgrade that is awarded at the end of the quest line. I ran the diamond cost and decided to go for a second. After splurging for the tool package and some extra turns, I’m over 5.5 paws per board. I will have a second fully upgraded building for under 10K diamonds, and have already passively pocketed over 30 daily specials, most of which are sentinels and bot rots. I hope my diamond expenditure, along with those made by others, will keep Inno working on novel mechanics in the game like this one.

Dark Druid

I think what upset me at the start was that I had watched the beta-videos before the event started, so as to learn how to best play the mini-game. When the event went "Live", the game had changed so much that those strategies & tips no longer applied. By the time I found a strategy that worked, the event was half-way over! I think I may un-follow some of those video people...

ScreamingZiva

I think what upset me at the start was that I had watched the beta-videos before the event started, so as to learn how to best play the mini-game. When the event went "Live", the game had changed so much that those strategies & tips no longer applied. By the time I found a strategy that worked, the event was half-way over! I think I may un-follow some of those video people...
I didn't see any difference of the live game vs beta. All the mechanics are exactly the same.

Dark Druid

The beta-vids were saying to focus attention on the top to build chains, while paying little attention to clearing the bottom. The mechanics are not different, the strategies applied are what needed to be altered.

Agent327

The beta-vids were saying to focus attention on the top to build chains, while paying little attention to clearing the bottom. The mechanics are not different, the strategies applied are what needed to be altered.

Beta is a test server. There is absolutely no guarantee changes will not be made before the event goes live.

This is the best I've done, so far, in the Popping Blocks game. I'll use the hammer on the yellow block and win 4 paw prints and 4 chests. You need to sit and study the board for a few minutes before going on a popping frenzy. Patience is the key to this Wildlife Event in FoE.

Chests are click-bait.
Want a fully leveled building? Then never make a chest unless it helps rearrange blocks to get a Paw.
IMHO, try to look at 'making a chest' as the 4th tool, one you get for free several times with every board.

• Used carefully, creating chests will help drop Paws, as the blocks to build the chest are removed. Can be used a bit like a multi-whack hammer
• Carefully place the created chest: often the best spot is on top of a Paw (least likely to get in the way)
• And, similar to a mini-lightening tool, creating a chest removes several of the same-colored blocks.

Unless, of course, you don't want the main building, in which case click away and grab those largely worthless chests.