• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GVG is crap

Anaheim

So what is a person supposed to do if he / she works at 5 pm (pac)? INNO places a lot of importance
on GVG while ignoring all the mobile players that participate weekly in GBG and GE.
Until that is rectified then FOE is a joke.

CaptainKirk1234

So what is a person supposed to do if he / she works at 5 pm (pac)? INNO places a lot of importance
on GVG while ignoring all the mobile players that participate weekly in GBG and GE.
Until that is rectified then FOE is a joke.
Almost no Guilds do GvG, you are not missing out on a lot.

Last edited:

Anaheim

Almost no Guild do GBG, you are not missing out on a lot.
I completely disagree. Lots of guilds do GBG and GE but most players skip GVG as they cannot be there on a PC at 5 pm everyday.
INNO needs to embrace the future. MOBILE players are here and need to be recognized.

Emberguard

Inno looked into that, the result was bringing out Guild Battlegrounds because you can't access GvG. GvG simply would not be suitable for porting to mobile devices as it was never coded or designed with mobile functionality in mind.

And your point in regards to 5pm or whatever time (thought it was 8pm server time?) would apply even if GvG was ported to mobile. If you're at work having GvG on mobile is not going to change the fact you're at work and should not be touching a game while at work unless you're on break or have permission from the boss to play on work time

Last edited:

Anaheim

Inno looked into that, the result was bringing out Guild Battlegrounds because you can't access GvG. GvG simply would not be suitable for porting to mobile devices as it was never coded or designed with mobile functionality in mind.

And your point in regards to 5pm or whatever time (thought it was 8pm server time?) would apply even if GvG was ported to mobile. If you're at work having GvG on mobile is not going to change the fact you're at work and should not be touching a game while at work unless you're on break or have permission from the boss to play on work time
point is INNO as is assigns TOP guild status to GVG and ignore all of the mobile players who play GBG

RazorbackPirate

point is INNO as is assigns TOP guild status to GVG and ignore all of the mobile players who play GBG
Inno created GBG specifically so Mobile customers could access it. That's hardly ignoring them.

I can agree that Inno ranks GvG participation far too high given the current state of affairs, but so what? Other than bragging rights, it doesn't get you much as a player.

Aggressor

:rolleyes:
I am not available at recalc and I still have fun in GvG. Unless your world is EXTREMEY active there are still plenty of tiles to sweep through in the morning. And fighting at odd hours gives you just as much of an advantage as fighting at recalc does. Sure, you'll miss out on the bubbled tiles, but there probably won't be anyone on to break your sieges.

RazorbackPirate

They don't. I am trying to get them started in it.
For what purpose?

Do you know the breakdown of your guild members who play PC vs. mobile? Of those on PC, what time zones around the world do they live in? Anyone besides you even available for recalc? Of those who are, how many will commit to be tied to their computer at that specific time every day?

All to spend a bunch of treasury goods and units for no rewards? Good luck with that.

Ebeondi Asi

The high level Guilds with older long time players like GvG. IT is a different experience than GbG. Even in the top Guilds, ony a handful (maybe as few as 3 up to 15) of the usual 80 players actually take part in GvG.
Since GvG reqires the player to use a PC, only about 10% of all players play on PC now. Of all players who use a PC i would hazard to guess less than one third of them play GvG.
So the player base of actual players who play GvG is tiny. But those who play it like it very much. And seeing that many long time players want to keep it. It stays. But Inno has made it clear there will be no changes or upgrade done to GvG.
I play exclusively on PC. and i don't play GvG. (though if it was easier to learn I might try. As it is, it seems difficult to understand and I am not interested in messing up Plus ther are no rewards, except bragging rights and maybe total battles. GvG is a lot of fighting, and little else. IT wastes goods and troops for ? zero..

Last edited:
The high level Guilds with older long time players like GvG. IT is a different experience than GbG. Even in the top Guilds, ony a handful (maybe as few as 3 up to 15) of the usual 80 players actually take part in GvG.
Since GvG reqires the player to use a PC, only about 10% of all players play on PC now. Of all players who use a PC i would hazard to guess less than one third of them play GvG.
So the player base of actual players who play GvG is tiny. But those who play it like it very much. And seeing that many long time players want to keep it. It stays. But Inno has made it clear there will be no changes or upgrade done to GvG.
I play exclusively on PC. and i don't play GvG. (though if it was easier to learn I might try. As it is, it seems difficult to understand and I am not interested in messing up Plus ther are no rewards, except bragging rights and maybe total battles. GvG is a lot of fighting, and little else. IT wastes goods and troops for ? zero..
Okay, thanks. I still want to try it. lol

P C C

If you're not too competitive about it, then even a single player can have an impact in GvG. I only dabble, I play on mobile most of the time, but I'll dip into a lower era map or two where I still have lots of troops every few months and take some sectors. But going overboard can be a problem, the number of guild goods required goes up with each sector held. Last time, I wasn't paying attention and went farther than I should have on one map and needed to do some trades to add back to the guild treasury.