• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Please stop starting GE automatically

jsc29

Currently GE starts automatically on Tuesday morning. This is extremely annoying because most players NEVER begin playing GE first thing in the morning. The player has to first start the daily to see what the quests are, and also do any collections. These are precedent to starting GE because both may require doing battles or negotiations. For example, the daily might require "defeating 40 units" or something like that. Also, some collection benefits, like the Himeji Castle require a player to do battles or negotiations. So, both of these things are usually done BEFORE starting GE. So, it is extremely annoying to be forced into GE automatically every Tuesday, because then I just have to exit out of it again.

When I see design blunders like this being committed, it gives me the impression that the designers/developers do not even play the game. Because if they actually played the game they would already know everything in the paragraph above. Maybe you should require your designers to actually play FOE every day? Duh.

UBERhelp1

It might just be me, but... unless you change it, the DC starts at the same time as GE.

Also, for me when GE starts we have a decent number of guildies on. We immediately unlock GE at 8:00. I'm not sure what you mean though by "being forced into GE automatically"

Ebeondi Asi

Just because it opens does not mean you have to be there.. The one person who might need to be there is a Guild leader to unlock higher levels.IF a lot of members strt playing then. All depends.
Or a Guild may want all the members to be there? All in all the complaint to open GE at some other time (unspecified) is just nonsense.

Xenosaur

GE is not started automatically. GE becomes UNLOCKED and ENABLED for play. No one tells you when to play it. The coordination of your activities in this game are totally on you.

In fact, some of the higher brain power you need to play this game well comes out when you can adeptly coordinate multiple functions FoE requires, with the time you can be here, want to be here, and can effect solutions for. Serialization is what anyone can do - parallel processing might be a skill to learn.

Secondly, InnoGames has added game controls for specific things you choose to do, so you can move the DC to more opportune times in your life, if you need to do that.

Emberguard

Firstly you can change the Daily Challenge starting time to whatever you want by going into the Daily Challenge and clicking the cogs on the top right. Change it to when it’s convenient if it’s not matching up well with the features of the game

Secondly you have other avenues in which to do battles in the game by the time you unlock Daily Challenges.

Thirdly you have a week to complete Guild Expeditions. It shouldn’t make that much of a difference even if you had a set time for it

Fourthly a design choice doesn’t prove devs don’t play. They do play. By the logic you’re using you mustn’t play either because you play differently from everyone else in the game or because you don’t know how to change the time for Daily Challenges. The way a game feature is designed doesn’t mean anything in regards to if they play, it just means it comes from a different set of priorities and perspective on the game

Space Age Marz

I would just change my DC start time to an hour-ish before GE begins or collect when im ready to use my procs. GE needs to be opened at 8 because there's a cross-server competition so that would hold the other guilds in other worlds. I don't know about your world but most people start GE/GBG on the dot. There's ways around the issue your having, you just have to be willing to do them.

Sharmon the Impaler

I would rather have the devs working on their coding actually. The pop up is a thing and many guilds race to close it because the first to 133.3% wins (all finished level 4).

BruteForceAttack

Currently GE starts automatically on Tuesday morning. This is extremely annoying because most players NEVER begin playing GE first thing in the morning. The player has to first start the daily to see what the quests are, and also do any collections. These are precedent to starting GE because both may require doing battles or negotiations. For example, the daily might require "defeating 40 units" or something like that. Also, some collection benefits, like the Himeji Castle require a player to do battles or negotiations. So, both of these things are usually done BEFORE starting GE. So, it is extremely annoying to be forced into GE automatically every Tuesday, because then I just have to exit out of it again.

When I see design blunders like this being committed, it gives me the impression that the designers/developers do not even play the game. Because if they actually played the game they would already know everything in the paragraph above. Maybe you should require your designers to actually play FOE every day? Duh.

What if there are 2 guilds who are racing to finish all GE in 1st hour?

jsc29

I am talking about the popup dialog box that appears on Tuesday morning that announces that the GE has started and has a green "Play" button. There is no obvious way to cancel this box, so I end up getting forced into the GE interface, then I have to leave the interface to start the daily and do collections.

RazorbackPirate

I am talking about the popup dialog box that appears on Tuesday morning that announces that the GE has started and has a green "Play" button. There is no obvious way to cancel this box, so I end up getting forced into the GE interface, then I have to leave the interface to start the daily and do collections.
Maybe try the X in the corner? You force you into GE.

Agent327

Like others already suggested you might want to click the X in the corner, or even better any place on the screen that isn't the pop-up

Could that be considered as an obvious way?

Maybe the designers/developrers do play the game and just shouldn't make it so easy.

Johnny B. Goode

I'm sorry, but how do you play long enough to get to over 38 million points without knowing how to close a dialogue box? Seriously, how does that happen? Inquiring minds want to know.

BruteForceAttack

On PC, you can just click outside the box that pop up goes away :) I bet same thing happens on mobile too but not sure.

Dominator - X

You are joking, right? I mean, just trolling?