• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

GVG is crap

If you're not too competitive about it, then even a single player can have an impact in GvG. I only dabble, I play on mobile most of the time, but I'll dip into a lower era map or two where I still have lots of troops every few months and take some sectors. But going overboard can be a problem, the number of guild goods required goes up with each sector held. Last time, I wasn't paying attention and went farther than I should have on one map and needed to do some trades to add back to the guild treasury.
Yeah, I can see that happening. lol

Algona

Looking for a place to learn/discuss GvG.

You prolly won't find it on this forum. Folks who like GvG don't tend to post a lot on this forum.

I'd recommend looking up the strongest GvG Guild in your world and ask their GvG manager about GvG.

You might find a surprisingly sympathetic player willing to help you learn GvG and help you bring it to your Guild.

----------

If you decide you like GvG you'll prolly fall in love with it.

Don't be surprised if others don't share that passion.

Even when GvG was the only way for Guilds to compete it never was overwhelmingly popular with the majority of players

So don't be disappointed if your Guild doesn't embrace GvG. But you will never know how they feel unless you try.

Good luck!.

You prolly won't find it on this forum. Folks who like GvG don't tend to post a lot on this forum.

I'd recommend looking up the strongest GvG Guild in your world and ask their GvG manager about GvG.

You might find a surprisingly sympathetic player willing to help you learn GvG and help you bring it to your Guild.

----------

If you decide you like GvG you'll prolly fall in love with it.

Don't be surprised if others don't share that passion.

Even when GvG was the only way for Guilds to compete it never was overwhelmingly popular with the majority of players

So don't be disappointed if your Guild doesn't embrace GvG. But you will never know how they feel unless you try.

Good luck!.
Thank you very much!

wolfhoundtoo

It has been awhile since I did much in GVG but if you want to send me messages via this forum I can try and explain some things.

The Lady Redneck

My main world we play GvG. I have heard all the arguements for and against it for years. (For a long time I was on the against it team LOL). And that those who play it only do so for the bragging rights as it really offers nothing else. But the reason we play it (and play it well) is for the sheer fun and camaraderie it brings with it. We have a whale of a time for about an hour. And nowadays in the game it is the best way of freeing your mind from the boredom and drudgery of GBG. It (Should be GFG ) is a needed but deservedly unloved part of the game. Its saving grace is that its rewards do help us support GvG.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Why do people keep saying all it gives you is bragging rights? It gives you guild power to raise your guild level, doesn't it?
Sure, but so do a lot of other things, which makes any one source less special. And while guild level is nice for Traz and fp, once you are in a reasonably high level guild, does anyone really think too much about guild levels to come?

MJ Artisan of War

If they raised the max guild level to 200 and expanded those rewards to match there would not be a huge surge in GvG interest...
But my three guilds would dearly love that change...
I am a PC player and the only help i give the GvG portion is adding Defensive Armies when i have an excess of unwanted troops

67Sage101

Inno created GBG specifically so Mobile customers could access it. That's hardly ignoring them.

I can agree that Inno ranks GvG participation far too high given the current state of affairs, but so what? Other than bragging rights, it doesn't get you much as a player.
Yea...should just get rid of any ranking all together with that logic.

RazorbackPirate

Yea...should just get rid of any ranking all together with that logic.
Agreed. Guild rank points are as meaningless as individual rank points.

What is the level of the guild, what is their league in GBG? Those are the two metrics that affect my city. Rank/prestige points have no impact. Who cares?

Both could disappear tomorrow and my city will play exactly the same the day after.

puzzle63

Lets compair apples to apples. GVG you don't get any rewards true. You do get fights. If your in the right guild. BGB you get figths and rewards true. You get some Prestige for both. Which one will make your guild grow quicker from the Prestige points GVG or BGB? GVG will. If you can start a guild and go to lv 97 in 21 months with a bunch of GVG fighters. That also 'control' the BGB map every time. I think you have to know how to manage everything. That tells you right there which is better.

polarbear1967

For what purpose?

Do you know the breakdown of your guild members who play PC vs. mobile? Of those on PC, what time zones around the world do they live in? Anyone besides you even available for recalc? Of those who are, how many will commit to be tied to their computer at that specific time every day?

All to spend a bunch of treasury goods and units for no rewards? Good luck with that.
FOE was a war game, not a farming game. Trying to conquer land and try to keep it and be the top guild in global ranking.. GVG is awsome way to play the game.

Johnny B. Goode

FOE was a war game, not a farming game. Trying to conquer land and try to keep it and be the top guild in global ranking.. GVG is awsome way to play the game.
If you really want to be a purist and go back to the original game, GvG wasn't even around for the first couple of years. PvP against neighbors was all there was.