• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Guild goods

Fern19

I'm admin of my guild, but I'm wondering how you can tell when you have donated enough good. When a slot is blank (tinplate) I donate 5 but there is not sign as to what amount I need to give. Any help?

Emberguard

how you can tell when you have donated enough good.
Can you provide some screenshots or context on what you wish to donate for? Is this Guild Expedition? Battlegrounds buildings? Fulfilling quests?

Or is it just the treasury in general with no idea in mind on what you’ll use the goods for?

Pickleweasel

If it is for the guild expedition, click the line item from the list (NOT the dropdown), and it will prefill the amount you need to donate to meet the unlock requirement for that particular good. If it is zero, you don't need to donate more at this time.

Fern19

I can't give a screen shot. Not that computer savy, it's just for in general for my guild, it's so when I have a lot of stuff, I can donate it to the guild

Emberguard

I can't give a screen shot. Not that computer savy, it's just for in general for my guild, it's so when I have a lot of stuff, I can donate it to the guild
Costs will vary depending on activity. So it’s a little difficult to give a “this is how much you should be donating” without knowing what kind of expenditure your specific guild is likely to have

However for reference purposes here’s Guild Expedition costs:

the amounts listed are per player, per individual good.

If you’re doing GBG then costs will match the age(s) of the players in the guild. However there’s not really a minimum or max I’d say to donate for that given it can cost anything from Zero to Hundreds of Thousands depending on what your Guilds strategy is in regards to building stuff

If you’re doing GvG then the cost will depend on what age your guild intends to participate in. In which case I’d look at how many sectors your guild has in a age and donate based on cost for the next sector

I Strong

Costs will vary depending on activity. So it’s a little difficult to give a “this is how much you should be donating” without knowing what kind of expenditure your specific guild is likely to have

However for reference purposes here’s Guild Expedition costs:

the amounts listed are per player, per individual good.

If you’re doing GBG then costs will match the age(s) of the players in the guild. However there’s not really a minimum or max I’d say to donate for that given it can cost anything from Zero to Hundreds of Thousands depending on what your Guilds strategy is in regards to building stuff

If you’re doing GvG then the cost will depend on what age your guild intends to participate in. In which case I’d look at how many sectors your guild has in a age and donate based on cost for the next sector

We have no Iron Age members in our guild and yet it cost iro age goods to open level 2 of GE. Yet, you seem to say we shouldn’t be??

Ebeondi Asi

If you look up Guild Expedition in Forge Of Empires Wiki you wil see the lits of quantities needed. and for level 2 you do need goods from previous age.

Last edited:

Emberguard

We have no Iron Age members in our guild and yet it cost iro age goods to open level 2 of GE. Yet, you seem to say we shouldn’t be??
you probably have Early Middle Age players. Guild Expedition is structured different from Guild Battlegrounds

I Strong

you probably have Early Middle Age players. Guild Expedition is structured different from Guild Battlegrounds
No ema members either. So for level 2 GE we should be expecting to pay all eras, down to iron, to open that level? Is the implication that level 3 and 4 should only be based on guild membership?

I Strong

If you look up Guild Expedition in Forge Of Empires Wiki you wil see the lits of quantities needed. and for level 2 you do need goods from previous age.
Not seeing where it says prior age goods will be needed. Our members are colonial and higher…so I don’t see why Iron Age goods are needed to open GE level 2.

I Strong

Not seeing where it says prior age goods will be needed. Our members are colonial and higher…so I don’t see why Iron Age goods are needed to open GE level 2.
Here is the info from the website recommended above : The costs of unlocking Difficulties depend on the age and number of your guild members when the expedition beings. Each player in your guild will generate a cost based on their age. Your guild will need to pay the cumulative cost for all guild members in order to unlock the difficulty.

Hence my confusion about why we are being tapped for Iron Age goods..or any goods below Colonial.

Agent327

As you can see, the default difficulty is I and it's available for free. To unlock the higher ones, one of the guild leaders has to pay goods from the guild treasury (so everyone can donate the goods, but spending them is limited). The costs of unlocking the difficulty II depend on the age and number of your guild members:

Each guild member from Iron Age - will generate a cost of 2 Iron Age goods (or 4, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from Early Middle Age - will generate a cost of 2 Iron Age goods (or 4, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from High Middle Age - will generate a cost of 3 Early Middle Age goods (or 6, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from Late Middle Age - will generate a cost of 4 High Middle Age goods (or 8, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from Colonial Age - will generate a cost of 4 Late Middle Age goods (or 8, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from Industrial Age - will generate a cost of 5 Colonial Age goods (or 10, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from Progressive Era - will generate a cost of 5 Industrial Age goods (or 10, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from Modern Era - will generate a cost of 5 Progressive Era goods (or 10, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from Postmodern Era - will generate a cost of 5 Modern Era goods (or 10, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from Contemporary Era - will generate a cost of 5 Postmodern Era goods (or 10, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from Tomorrow - will generate a cost of 6 Contemporary Era goods (or 12, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from The Future - will generate a cost of 6 Tomorrow goods (or 12, when unlocking the difficulty III).

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-expeditions.13574/

Johnny B. Goode

As you can see, the default difficulty is I and it's available for free. To unlock the higher ones, one of the guild leaders has to pay goods from the guild treasury (so everyone can donate the goods, but spending them is limited). The costs of unlocking the difficulty II depend on the age and number of your guild members:

Each guild member from Iron Age - will generate a cost of 2 Iron Age goods (or 4, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from Early Middle Age - will generate a cost of 2 Iron Age goods (or 4, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from High Middle Age - will generate a cost of 3 Early Middle Age goods (or 6, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from Late Middle Age - will generate a cost of 4 High Middle Age goods (or 8, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from Colonial Age - will generate a cost of 4 Late Middle Age goods (or 8, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from Industrial Age - will generate a cost of 5 Colonial Age goods (or 10, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from Progressive Era - will generate a cost of 5 Industrial Age goods (or 10, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from Modern Era - will generate a cost of 5 Progressive Era goods (or 10, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from Postmodern Era - will generate a cost of 5 Modern Era goods (or 10, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from Contemporary Era - will generate a cost of 5 Postmodern Era goods (or 10, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from Tomorrow - will generate a cost of 6 Contemporary Era goods (or 12, when unlocking the difficulty III).
Each guild member from The Future - will generate a cost of 6 Tomorrow goods (or 12, when unlocking the difficulty III).

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-expeditions.13574/
This information is partially incorrect. You only need previous age goods for level 2 (II). For levels 3 (III) and 4 (IV) you need current age goods.
Here is the link to the official FoE Wiki page with the costs of unlocking GE difficulties:
As you can see on that page, you should only be asked for previous era goods based on the actual guild members' current eras to unlock level 2, and current era goods for levels 3 and 4. If you are, in fact, being required to provide goods other than those, you should contact support in-game and have them look at it, because that would be a bug.
Here is the info from the website recommended above : The costs of unlocking Difficulties depend on the age and number of your guild members when the expedition beings. Each player in your guild will generate a cost based on their age. Your guild will need to pay the cumulative cost for all guild members in order to unlock the difficulty.

Hence my confusion about why we are being tapped for Iron Age goods..or any goods below Colonial.
You should not be "tapped" for any goods below LMA for opening level 2 and nothing below Colonial for levels 3 and 4.

Just for curiosity's sake, is your guild open join? Or is it set to Application or Invite Only to join? I'm wondering if you might have had a guild hopper join just before GE opened, who then left after it started. As long as a guild hopper is in the guild when GE starts, they will affect both the unlocking costs and the completion percentage of the guild for that entire GE week even after they leave.

Ironrooster

If you have an open join and if someone had joined your guild briefly before GE started and then left after GE started, you'll still be on the hook for them.

I have seen recommendations for new players to repeatedly join guilds, aid everybody, then quit as a way to acquire BPs as well as coins. They may not know that doing this around the time the GE starts gets them counted for the unlock costs.

I Strong

This information is partially incorrect. You only need previous age goods for level 2 (II). For levels 3 (III) and 4 (IV) you need current age goods.

Here is the link to the official FoE Wiki page with the costs of unlocking GE difficulties:
As you can see on that page, you should only be asked for previous era goods based on the actual guild members' current eras to unlock level 2, and current era goods for levels 3 and 4. If you are, in fact, being required to provide goods other than those, you should contact support in-game and have them look at it, because that would be a bug.

You should not be "tapped" for any goods below LMA for opening level 2 and nothing below Colonial for levels 3 and 4.

Just for curiosity's sake, is your guild open join? Or is it set to Application or Invite Only to join? I'm wondering if you might have had a guild hopper join just before GE opened, who then left after it started. As long as a guild hopper is in the guild when GE starts, they will affect both the unlocking costs and the completion percentage of the guild for that entire GE week even after they leave.
We are not open to join…I’ll watch it next week and if it happens again then I’ll report it to support. Thanks for the clarification.