• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Questline display in GBG

Pericles the Lion

This question has probably been asked before but I could not find anything. The questlines (Daily, Story, and Event) display on the c-Map and GE map but not the GBG map. Does anyone know why not?

Johnny B. Goode

Also doesn't show on the GvG map. Probably because the C-Map and GE are more single player screens, while GBG and GvG are more like multi-player screens, if you know what I mean. C-Map and GE map are unique to the individual player, so having their questlines appear there seems natural. GBG and GvG maps are shared with other players, either within your guild (GvG) or within the current round's group of guilds (GBG).

Last edited:

Pericles the Lion

Also doesn't show on the GvG map. Probably because the C-Map and GE are more single player screens, while GBG and GvG are more like multi-player screens, if you know what I mean. C-Map and GE map are unique to the individual player, so having their questlines appear there seems natural. GBG and GvG maps are shared with other players, either within your guild (GvG) or within the current round's group of guilds (GBG).
Got it, but the message center is available in GBG.

Ebeondi Asi

There are Quests that directly state fight xx many GE or negotiate xx many GE. Ditto in Continental map. no such direct request for GbG or GvG.
The message center in GbG and GvG makes sense too. Since in those places many want to have messages sent and to read.
There are few reasons to send messages or see them in Map or GE.

Pericles the Lion

There are Quests that directly state fight xx many GE or negotiate xx many GE. Ditto in Continental map. no such direct request for GbG or GvG.
I have the "A Fair Help" side quest (gather machine parts and gather tinplate) and the "Have 4 Snipers and have 4 Armored Cars" RQ active now. Both could be completed while in GbG. No doubt this side quest will disappear as soon as I complete it. I just aged up to PE so I don't know if this RQ will repeat (seems silly if it does). I don't know to what extent "recruit units" or "gather goods" quests will appear going forward so having access to the questlines in GbG might not be a big help.

Algona

I just aged up to PE so I don't know if this RQ will repeat (seems silly if it does).

Taken from CR's HQS:

Have 4 Military units of Type A + 4 Military units of Type B ("Produce Units" for short)
There will always be three different variations of the Produce Units quest in every time period. All 5 types of regular military units from each time period will be used in at least one variation of this quest; one unit type will be used in two variations. These quests are actually quite easy to complete over and over in the same day, since most units take 4 hours or less to produce; we just need 2 barracks of each type of unit for the specific variation we wish to work. Each variation of this quest can be hidden from the recurring quest cycle by simply owning 3 or more of either type of unit that variation of the quest calls for. The inverse of this is also true—we can trigger the different variations of this recurring quest to appear in the recurring quest abort-cycle, by deleting enough of both unit types the variation of the quest calls for, until we own 2 units each of both types.

NOTE:This quest counts both attached and unattached units to determine if the quest should be: shown, hidden, or completed. So not only does producing attached units affect this quest, but this quest is also affected by acquiring unattached units from: Treasure Hunt, Guild Expeditions, collecting an Alcatraz, or even by completing some Story or Side quests that pay units as a quest reward. It is usually impractical to work this quest once we own an Alcatraz, since we want to stockpile more and more unattached units for use in: GE, GvG, Plundering our Hood, or conquering the C Map. For this reason, as well as to have more land available, it is advised to delay construction of Alcatraz until mid-Colonial Age. After Colonial Age, the sheer size and population cost of most unit production buildings make working the "Produce Units" quest impractical anyway.

Aside from SpearSlingers in BA I haven;t tried this particular type RQ much in game. I assume nothing has changed regarding triggering this type of RQ in game.

I'd love to hear how easy it is to fulfill regularly from a heavy GBG player, could be wonderful new tech.

Pericles the Lion

Taken from CR's HQS:

Aside from SpearSlingers in BA I haven;t tried this particular type RQ much in game. I assume nothing has changed regarding triggering this type of RQ in game.

I'd love to hear how easy it is to fulfill regularly from a heavy GBG player, could be wonderful new tech.
I predict that it will be a one-trick pony because the wording is "have" and not "recruit". I'll let you know as soon as I complete it.

Johnny B. Goode

I have the "A Fair Help" side quest (gather machine parts and gather tinplate) and the "Have 4 Snipers and have 4 Armored Cars" RQ active now. Both could be completed while in GbG. No doubt this side quest will disappear as soon as I complete it. I just aged up to PE so I don't know if this RQ will repeat (seems silly if it does). I don't know to what extent "recruit units" or "gather goods" quests will appear going forward so having access to the questlines in GbG might not be a big help.
What he meant was that there are quests that are completed specifically by your actions in GE or on the C-Map. These quests require specific actions that can only be accomplished in GE or on the C-Map. You can complete quests while in GBG, but the quest doesn't specifically require anything from GBG. The quests you mention (and all other quests that I know of) can be completed without ever going to GBG.

Algona

I predict that it will be a one-trick pony because the wording is "have" and not "recruit". I'll let you know as soon as I complete it.

I'd deeply appreciate it.

The SpearSlinger RQ is easily repeatable in BA because the Spearthrower barracks is ridiculouslt fast and cheap and the Slinger barracks is small, the unit cost cheap. and 1 hour recruit time. is not prohibitive. SpearSlinger RQ is a great addition for any long term BA player.

Later Eras, the barracks size, cost, and long recruit times eventually make it unprofitable.

However as you mentioned, getting troops through GBG gets around those obstacles.

Just guessing but it seems like taking the time to collect the RQ, delete troops down to 2 of each, and resetting the RQ would be something a GBG intensive player might not want to do on the fly during GBG fighting. Maybe as a one shot with each GBG session?

As said, I'd appreciate any results you get from experimenting with this.

Hope it works out!

Pericles the Lion

Just guessing but it seems like taking the time to collect the RQ, delete troops down to 2 of each, and resetting the RQ would be something a GBG intensive player might not want to do on the fly during GBG fighting. Maybe as a one shot with each GBG session?
You made a very valid point. I just completed a swap in GBG. There's no way that I would step away from auto-battling to collect an RQ. Maybe if I was fighting manually.

Separately, the two quests that I described were replaced by Riyeh and Fnord after I completed them the one time. Now, I have no goods quests or recruiting quests. No real need now to have access to the message center while in GBG

Unless if somebody is on during the least active hours of the guild, they wouldn't use this RQ multiple times in a GBG because they will lose out on fights from competing players in the guild. I think military RQs are very useful if you consistently hit the 2000 abort limit when RQing, and if you need more goods to sell. Otherwise all of that time spent tediously clicking could be spent on more productive tasks and getting more GBG fights.