• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Changing Email Address

Kaidi

So here it is, almost 3 years later. I still do not have the option to change my email address. My game is apparently tied to my original FB signup - which I didn't even use through the whole tutorial - and the gmail address that support added for me at that time.

Someone got into my unused gmail account (specified above), used it to get into my Facebook account (not used for 4.5 years, but man...the photos I'm going to lose make me cry), spent a bunch of my money and then posted a bunch of photos of unknown subjects which got the Facebook account banned.

So at this point I have a game I have spent a 2-3 thousand dollars on over 6-ish years, where I can't change my email address, the email address being used is compromised, and they have it tied to a Facebook account that is banned.

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this, or should I just save my bucks and quit the game and find something else?

Ebeondi Asi

This is not the place to ask. IMO you need to write a ticket to Inno directly. if you cant get itno the game I suggest starting a new Foe login using your curent email and play enough to be able to post into the 'ticket to inno" area and there expalin how you previous account is trapped. and ask them to connect that city to your new account. Then you can delete the new city you just created to reach Inno. Make sure you join the right server, andWorld (if you can remember which Wold)

Kaidi

I can get into my game just fine. But would you spend $80-$160 per big event when your account could be shut down at any time? Everything I have ever spent is at risk.

I've been through the support ticketing thing the last time I tried to deal with this, where support argued with me - even after I provided screenshots proving otherwise - that I could change my email address in game.

Been a lot of years, but I am suspecting that it's just time to call it. It's a really bad system.

Ah, well.

Thanks for your reply.

Pickleweasel

I think the real key is that you previously mentioned that support had to do something years ago to help adjust your account. If you can reiterate that to support in a ticket, perhaps they can see if they have any manual overrides in place. It sounds just like a forum issue I had for an MMO where they had to manually fidget with my forum login to allow me access to a semi-private section of the forums . . . but then whatever they did made it so I couldn't post/edit/etc. . . . eventually when I asked them to review any manual overrides they found and fixed the issue.

Long shot, but figured I'd toss that out in case your prior/current focus on the missing buttons sent support astray when they were trying to help you.