• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Recurring Quests

The Vanimal

I seem to have lost my recurring quest. I have a story quest and a bonus quest. I cannot swipe away either. With my bonus quest, it's asking for a quest to be fulfilled, but it's asking for something that's TWO ages above where I am so it's impossible for me to fulfill that quest.

I've read forums and cannot get a definitive answer as to how to get a recurring quest back. My only hope is that it magically reappears after I fulfill some of the story quests. But I'm not hopeful as it looks like this is a grave error in programming on Inno's part. Meaning, there should be a warning that pops up, or a message, or ANYTHING other than just letting a player lose the recurring quests.

-Van

Ebeondi Asi

The problem is you were working the Continental Map ahead of your current Era.
No one (and not Inno either) warns anyone that working the Continental Map ahead of the Era you are in .. can do what happened to you
The Quests are tied to the Era you are working on the Continental Map. and not the Era you are in.
All seems good until you finish the last regular Qust of your current Era. then the system checks where you are on the Continental map and gives you a Quest connected to that Era. and naturally some of them are impossible to finish. so you get stuck (until you actually enter that Era.)
So there is no solution until you Era up.
Once you do move up to the Era that you can work the quest.. Do the ones that become the recurring Quests and you will again get recurring quests. Just do not finish the Main Quest line. if you ae still working ahead of your then current Era.
Finishing the main quest line is the thing that ruins your recurring Quests when you are ahead on hte Map.
There is no cure.
I went five months with no Quests in HMA... no problem. because I did not want to level up another Era at that time. Now I just do not finish the main Quest to keep my RQ

Pericles the Lion

Adding to @Ebeondi Asi post... I was in InA and pushed the CMap to PME and ran the story questline to "Your Choice: Truth or Dare?" which I did not complete. Then I continued on the cMap to FE where one of my RQs changed into a bonus quest that began with the FE quest "Hot Land". Then I completed all of the FE quests. Afterwards, I completed the "Truth or Dare" quest which put me back on the PME questline while the bonus quest reverted back to an RQ. The point is that story quests are tied to cMap progress but there is an opportunity (at least in this instance) where it becomes possible to go "back in time". I'm in PE now and tech blocked by a PME story quest but I pretty much expected that to happen. Having a list of all the story quests, by era, helps in anticipating where a player can get blocked.

Last edited:

Cptvkirk

lol...had a camped iron age city for years before i got too far ahead on the continent map and lost my recurring. my options to get them back were advance to industrial age, play without them or start over. I started over. there is a ton of shared knowledge in this forum, other unofficial forums and experienced guilds if you know what to search for but as far inno giving warning, I think the discovery and having to adapt after learning the hard way is a significant part of play. There are even ages you can set up to have 3 recurring quests where a significant amount of city planning can be invested to take advantage of them only to have an accidental click undo it all.

Xenosaur

There ARE many warnings in forums and discussion group about the "lure" of the BONUS questline and what eventually happens to you if you venture forward on it. Yes, you get Heavy Warriors from the EMA as the "worm" on the first hook, but it swings you into very expensive and complex map areas that will make you wince in pain. It's all going to resolve, but you might not get your recurring quest line back until you exit the BONUS questline, as it sometimes happens.

There are 4 quest lines to arbitrate, and 3 slots for them. Story, Side, Recurring and Bonus. Story is mandatory, Side and recurring pop in and out depending on a lot of factors, and if Bonus takes a slot now too, anything can happen to recurring.

Pericles the Lion

Yep, I did lose one of the RQs for a while when I was running the cMap into PME and beyond but it came back after I completed the main story quest. I negotiated the map until I got the hover tanks so I did spend a lot of goods but downtradiing goods I collected from Truce Tower made that part easy to bear. I didn't feel any pain at all and having hover tanks as early as InA made it all worthwhile.

Ebeondi Asi

would add the entire problem is extremely complex. and each person discussing it seems to have a part of it but not all of the problem traced (me either fer' sure) out. It does seems different in different Eras too.

Lord Pest

I had 3 RQs when I was in OF. Now in VF there are only 2. The third slot is the story quest Line and it requires me to move to SAM.

Emberguard

Recurring Quests aren’t directly warned in the game because they’re not the point or aim of having questlines. They only appear when you should currently have additional questlines available but there’s nothing left to display. Recurring Quests are merely intended as temporary filler when you’ve beaten a section of the game and need something to occupy yourself inbetween now and reaching the next part of the game

Ebeondi Asi

Recurring Quests aren’t directly warned in the game because they’re not the point or aim of having questlines. They only appear when you should currently have additional questlines available but there’s nothing left to display. Recurring Quests are merely intended as temporary filler when you’ve beaten a section of the game and need something to occupy yourself inbetween now and reaching the next part of the game
I guess players have turned RQ into something the game designers never intended. Thus CF and the 2000 limit as part of not intended. LOL (it took them a long time to implement it though

xivarmy

same thing happened to me. I have had others tell me they have 3 RQs in VF. Did I miss something?
At the end of the OF questline before you move to VF in tech you will have 3 slots. There is no OF->VF transition quest like there is for most ages "scout the next continent or whatever".

As soon as you research the first VF tech, the VF story will sub-in next time you complete or abort a quest I believe.

At the end of the VF questline you will have a transition quest to the SAM storyline I believe. The only way to get back to 3 quests at this point afaik is to finish the SAJM storyline (which requires SAJM). (End of most recent era always has 3 open quest slots for non-story quests).

There may be ways to have 3 RQs in VF but they are not automatic if so and would involve shenanigans on the map to disqualify yourself from story, and then once you manage it staying put. You can accomplish that in various ways in CE, TE, FE, AF map/story... I don't know if you did it that far back and had no story quest when you started VF if it'd jump right in or if it has other prereqs before it appears than researching the first VF tech.

Regardless, it's probably for the best just to let the dream of 3 RQs go until you reach the end of the current era.

HRH Aleena

At the end of the OF questline before you move to VF in tech you will have 3 slots. There is no OF->VF transition quest like there is for most ages "scout the next continent or whatever".

As soon as you research the first VF tech, the VF story will sub-in next time you complete or abort a quest I believe.

At the end of the VF questline you will have a transition quest to the SAM storyline I believe. The only way to get back to 3 quests at this point afaik is to finish the SAJM storyline (which requires SAJM). (End of most recent era always has 3 open quest slots for non-story quests).

There may be ways to have 3 RQs in VF but they are not automatic if so and would involve shenanigans on the map to disqualify yourself from story, and then once you manage it staying put. You can accomplish that in various ways in CE, TE, FE, AF map/story... I don't know if you did it that far back and had no story quest when you started VF if it'd jump right in or if it has other prereqs before it appears than researching the first VF tech.

Regardless, it's probably for the best just to let the dream of 3 RQs go until you reach the end of the current era.
Thanks