• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Should I build St.Mark's Basilica or the Hagia Sofia?

Ebeondi Asi

I would never build Hagia, too big and not enough FPs as only one very other level. CDM is one every other level but you get great attack support from it too.
Cape is every level, Plus Kraken and Inno do every other. Arctic Orangery is another giving a FP every level plus attack stuff.
SMB on the other hand is great for converting Coins into Forge Points. Particularly as you age up. I take in 24 million coins a day and covert them to FPs al the time. So basically SMB is an alternative source of FPs. (particularly for players with a lot of Event buildings.)
Agree it is a bit hard to get prints sometimes.

Goombah

How do you do that? I mean convert Gold to Forge Points using that building? I do not see an option in it to do so and would love to be able to!

Thanks!

Kranyar the Mysterious

How do you do that? I mean convert Gold to Forge Points using that building? I do not see an option in it to do so and would love to be able to!
You get coins from the SMB when you collect, they get added to your coin inventory, then you open the fp bar and purchase fp for coins.

Not a direct conversion, and I personally don't think the SMB gives enough coins to be worth doing that until you get into the last couple of eras, which is why you won't find one in any of my cities (I don't have any space age cities yet). Plus every fp you buy costs 50 more coins than the previous one, so there is that to consider as well.

Johnny B. Goode

You get coins from the SMB when you collect, they get added to your coin inventory, then you open the fp bar and purchase fp for coins.

Not a direct conversion, and I personally don't think the SMB gives enough coins to be worth doing that until you get into the last couple of eras, which is why you won't find one in any of my cities (I don't have any space age cities yet). Plus every fp you buy costs 50 more coins than the previous one, so there is that to consider as well.
St Mark's gives goods, not coins. It boosts coin production. (Don't you hate it...when you have a brain fart on the Forum?)

Lord Pest

I been playing 4 years and a lot has changed. I built the SMB early but built the HS in PE. Both are leveled to level 67. Very cheap to level with 1.9 help. I look at the HS and the Traz as my happiness buildings. Need more happiness… level them both higher. Today with so many new event buildings that is no longer the case. a new play can do without either one once the get a couple of event buildings under their blet. I’ve deleted the rah, LoA, babel. No use for them with a level 91 HC and a level 100 Chat. Many ways to solve the same problems in this game.

Lancer

I saw alot of people have St.Marks or the Hagia Sophia, but i'm concerned about the space it takes up ...

I certainly wouldn't waste my time with Hagia Sophia, ofcourse that's just my opinion. The amount of space it consumes versus what it gives you and does for you, for me just doesn't make it worthwhile. It was one of the last early GBs that I had built when my city was young, that i ended up deleting. Now, St. Mark's is much better in terms of the space it takes up and it gives you a much more valuable output. Especially when it is atleast level 10 or higher.

It all comes down to what you prefer and what is important to you in the game. Some people focus on different aspects of the game and this makes certain GBs useless to people, even GBs such as the ARC, which most people find to be one of the most valuable ones you can build, but if that player doesn't belong to a guild and doesn't contribute to other great buildings (or atleast not contributing for rewards in a way that you try to be the highest contributor in the set), then that GB is a waste of goods and space.
I know that scenario is a rare one, but it is the case for certain people, a select few I would assume.
Also, no matter which GBs you do choose to build, you need to get each of them to level 10 or higher to get a decent amount of return or output from your investment. Some of my GBs are only around level ten and I dont see the need to go any higher with them, or atleast not for a while anyway. Other ones with much more importance I will focus on. And another thing, I usually only work on 2 or possibly 3 GBs at a time with leveling them up I mean. For instance, the Arc I'm always leveling up because of my guild's "arc only fp threads", and with the regular fp threads I will use another building or sometimes two buildings.

Last edited:

Goombah

Thanks, Kranyar, I've bought forge points many a time to complete even quests, but never thought to put it together with St. Mark's the way you just did. I keep the building for the Goods it gives me as I enjoy the trading aspects of the game as much as the fighting ones.

Darkest.Knight

It can be a problem getting bps for some buildings, I'm stuck on innovation tower; no one does it ever, even after I add generous numbers of bps to a building they already started. For HS I found another player that also wanted to lvl it up so it wasn't a problem, not the case for IT so far.

Since I didn't put up every friggin useless GB available I now have room to burn, I put up both HS and SMB. Both are essentially fps buildings, HS directly and SMB indirectly from buying fps. So far SMB has produced the greatest number of fps, I'm up to almost 35k purchased.