• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Late arriving hemp

FriarTuck

I'm in the Arctic Future, poaching on the next era. I finished a province and was rewarded by a source of hemp. Is it a little late for rope making? Am I being punished for poaching? Will hem suddenly turn out to be valuable?

wolfhoundtoo

It's giving you more boosts to help make sure you have the goods deposits to build the goods you need to feed the higher aged goods that require lower aged goods to produce. You aren't being punished and it's not really going to be much of a help to you unless you want to build lower aged goods. What's your strategy for getting goods?

Sharmon the Impaler

What goods take Hemp to make ? What goods in turn take those goods to make ? Look it up. Tea Silk in VF takes Algea and is boosted by Alabaster in HMA. There is one example , I am not going to spoon feed you the rest.

Emberguard

Rope (aka Hemp Goods Deposit) is used as the deposit for Papercrete goods in the Tomorrow Era. If you're getting it in the Oceanic Future then it's not 9 era's back it's providing for. That is the Unrefined Good for Oceanic Future 3 ages back

L0FY

Also, If your guild is competitive in GE and GBG, and lower age members don't have high level ARC/OBS/ATOMS, you will need to be able to make any age goods to donate to treasury. By getting these new deposits, you can make almost any good from any age without penalty.

FriarTuck

OK. I think it was a RNG hitting an extreme. But, it doesn't really matter. If I have any chance to use this source I'll post it here. Otherwise, I'm finished with this thread.

wolfhoundtoo

The goods you get on the map isn't random across all ages. Inno picks what ages you can get goods for on the map. Each area of the map (in the earlier) ages only allows you to randomly select from that age (5 iron age goods 2 boosts to begin with thus you get 2 out of 5).

The hemp you received isn't an 'error' or a unlikely random event. It was designed when you get to that area to give you an additional boost in a low age/era goods as it rolls up into a higher era/age good which by the time you enter Arctic Future would then be one of your unrefined goods. In other words you should of received an HMA good's boost from that sector.

L0FY

The papercrete factory (tomorrow era) requires Hemp to be boosted. Papercrete is required to make Coral in a Coral breeder (Oceanic Future) This is why it gave you that boost from conquering an OF map sector. You probably also got the Guano boost. Thus allowing you to build the Coral breeder when you get to OF. So to be able to produce Coral, you need Papercrete, to produce Papercrete, you need the HEMP boost. It all makes sense to me my friend. However, any knowledgeable player would be using special buildings like a sleigh builder for all goods production at or before ME to avoid all this garbage.

Last edited:

wolfhoundtoo

Sorry I mean OF. I didn't read your original post just remembered the 'poaching' part. Just substitute Oceanic Future in my post. TE is unrefined for OF.

Sharmon the Impaler

Sorry I mean OF. I didn't read your original post just remembered the 'poaching' part. Just substitute Oceanic Future in my post. TE is unrefined for OF.

Wolf , you are a long time player and probably know that goods buildings of special goods buildings are always a waste of space.The hemp will never be used in your case anyway. The primary goods boost only helps people that have straight up goods buildings planted that are boosted by that good.

wolfhoundtoo

Actually at various times I've had many low age goods producers (less so since i came back after GBG was begun) but they come in handy at times. I used to use them to feed lower aged guildies need for goods to grow when they couldn't be found elsewhere, for a couple of years I'd keep about half of my friends as new players and they needed goods so I'd help with the trades for awhile till they quit, started a conversation in which I guided them to a guild that would work for them or till they outgrew the need for a helping hand.

In any case I wasn't really discussing the value of the strategy (although there are plenty of people out there that don't trade) but explaining why he got hemp. I don't believe any of my posts suggested he build and make rope.

Ericness

The papercrete factory (tomorrow era) requires Hemp to be boosted. Papercrete is required to make Coral in a Coral breeder (Oceanic Future) This is why it gave you that boost from conquering an OF map sector.

That is why. Taking a step back, the hemp deposit being there seems odd now, but back in the day we didn't have all these fancy special buildings churning out current age goods at all levels. You built the goods buildings you had boosted and worked trades for the rest or got severely punished for advancing too fast (even moreso than now).