• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event Feedback Thread

Sharmon the Impaler

Um, ok... I don't really care about the contest. I care about the moderation message because I haven't seen that before - this isn't my first contest. When I asked ... my post was deleted.

I have been playing for about 2 1/2 years and every contest I have seen where a "correct" answer is required have always been masked until the contest closes. If you asked in that thread then it would have been deleted yes because the thread was only for contest answers.

Johnny B. Goode

One point about winning Daily.. It is clear the desirable prizes are far and few between. Where ordinary Daily that are less desireable are easier to get. So somone say they got the RNG perentage on something like Reno kits is not the same as say they got that rate on House of horror or Abandoned Asylums.
7 Abandoned Asylums selection kits is what I got in the experience I related, so...

KeenWise

I liked Halloween more before it was made a clone of Archaeology. Scratch that, I liked Halloween more as a kid when it came with actual candy. Ummmm., candy.

Ricardoso83

It´s worse: I got like 100 tickets in all these days where there has been people that received 100, 200 in one day...

Last doll is a bummer to find, 8 to 10xs at least each of the first dolls...

Entire lines without anything, "a lot" of wasted flashlights and lanterns we can get 1/2 items most of the times...

4/5 daily winning prizes, way less than last year...

It´s WAY worse than last year for me, tyvm...

Last edited:

s7catshire7

Sentinel Outpost !!!!! Please don't have replaced that as a Daily Special !!!!! Biting my claws here waiting as the days left dwindle & now 2 Daily were replaced !! Getting really anxious! Please keep it in the lineup!!!!!! Been building up those tickets for 1 big pumpkin search for each of 2 cities in hopes of increasing chance of getting some SO's. All Event efforts for nothing on those 2 worlds if it's booted! Daily "odds" seem to suck beans, but there's still that chance to maybe get some, if they're kept as a Daily. 2 other cities each got 6 6-hr Supply Rushes when that Daily was offered & used as many tickets as I had from all the quests to that point + starting amount + incidents for the large packs. Really not fond of this style of Event Window (including Arch'y.).

Just An Observer

With over 200 candles and almost 100 flashlights and lanterns, I was able to score five Sentinel Level 1's when it became available this morning. Color me lucky I guess. A ton of stuff to sell at the AD was a nice bonus.

Also found were the 2 missing Dolls. All quests except for the 24 hour production one are done.

Lord Pest

I’m locked in for the calendar reward. Missing that monkey doll. I’m free to play and only found 4 daily specials during the event. Tomorrow I’ll have enough game currency to buy 1 more 395 toolset.

P C C

I'm not a big fan of sets, since they use multiple store buildings for removal and need extra road connections. And I would have preferred a little more attacker attack bonus. In the end, I still built a level 2 set because I found one place in my city where the road connections worked easily and it fit in visually next to my Houses of the Wolf from last year.

I had better luck in the mini game than any previous time in Archeology or Halloween events. I found 2 complete sets of toys without using diamonds, and as a result I also completed the calendar even though I didn't always choose fragments for the DC and didn't stop moving during most of the event when I saw a second daily sticker. (The last 2 days, I waited 24 hours twice when I had 2 spaces left and had 2 stickers visible.)

Vladkir

So I’m thousands of diamonds in trying to that last stupid doll to no avail. It’s not even the rare. Is it a bug you can’t get Betty Lou or is it a feature to milk money?

Agent327

So I’m thousands of diamonds in trying to that last stupid doll to no avail. It’s not even the rare. Is it a bug you can’t get Betty Lou or is it a feature to milk money?

So basically you spend thousends of diamonds to get an avatar, cause everything else you can get for free.

It neither is a bug nor a feature. It is a random chance. Not everyone wins everything.

Ebeondi Asi

I skip about 25% of all hidden areas... Sure fire way to miss hard to find Dolls.. Yet in one of three Worlds I got all eight anyway. Just unusual luck.

BSkelton

I now only have under 10 hours to complete this year's Halloween event and have completed all the quests for the tickets/rewards; completed the calendar side-quest, but with respect to the toy side-quest, I feel cheated.

Completed:
Mr. Tickles 6
Secret Steve 4
Sir Hugsalot 10
Kevin 6
Betty Lou 1
Annabella 0
Trixiebelle 0
Psychopomp 0
Steve

Not having received any of the three other dolls during the entire quest and clearing 100% of the fog (that I was able to) and used over 5,000 diamonds, I fail to see how it was fair on your part for me to complete this side-quest, I realize the toys are randomly populated, but to not have received three of them the entire event seems rather odd and to say the least disappointing.

I have a few tickets left that I will clear more fog, but will no longer use my diamonds for additional tickets. Assuming some miracle occurs between now and the event's end with my remaining 351 tickets I doubt I will have time to complete all the 5 challenges for each of the 3 remaining toys.

Given this situation, would it be possible to still receive the portrait had I received all the toys during the event? If not, would it be possible to at least receive the Frankenstein (male version) portrait as it has eluded me since playing the Halloween event for years (in which other portraits were made available). Since playing this year's event I only receive one portrait (female version of a ghost I think), on day one - nothing since then.

Thank you for your time.