• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Event Feedback Thread

Zatrikon

Final count on the toys, in one world:

8 7 8 3
3 6 2 0 <-- Never even saw a monkey

And in my other world:

6 9 8 5
1 2 3 1

I completed the calendars on both worlds.

Xenosaur

The doll probability might possibly remind you of another "maddening" distribution... GB BPs.

Just the way it is. However, there are reasons Inno does this.

If the BP placement probability for each cell of the 9-cell matrix was a uniform distribution (Gaussian) , it would dramatically cut down on a player's requirement (need) to keep going back to get more prints, and change the entire early game dynamics. While it's a pain, it's required to keep the game moving, and yes - even sell BPs for diamonds, a revenue source.

Same for the "frustration" on missing dolls.

Last edited:

Sharmon the Impaler

The result of getting 0 wanted daily specials when specifically spending 139$ CAD on this event will not bode well for my spending on the next one. While I accept it being a random and therefore zero distribution possibility , seeing zero results on 288 pumpkins was not expected.

Aethelcatt VIII

In the grand old tradition of this forum, I'm here to complain about the 20% attack boost to the defending army that we got for completing the event--because I have little need for it. To make matters worse, it's messing up my PVP battles against defending armies consisting of eight artillery units. I used to have trouble with them--not that I would lose a battle against them but that they always managed to take out one of my units before I wiped them out. I tried all kinds of different combinations and finally came up with a perfect battle plan where one of my soldiers would end up one or two hits from getting killed but get to go home to his wife and kids after all (I'm pretty sure his wife is the woman I see walking around the city in a brown dress and white apron). Then this morning it all changed and I started losing units against those artillery pieces again (trebuchets in this case), and I had no idea why until I noticed that very unhelpful boost at the event hub. I can't wait for that one to go away! :p

Last edited:

Emberguard

In the grand old tradition of this forum, I'm here to complain about the 20% attack boost to the defending army that we got for completing the event--because I have little need for it. To make matters worse, it's messing up my PVP battles against defending armies consisting of eight artillery units. I used to have trouble with them--not that I would lose a battle against them but that they always managed to take out one of my units before I got to wipe them out. I tried all kinds of different combinations and finally came up with a perfect battle plan where one of my units would end up one or two hits from getting killed but get to go home to his wife and kids after all (I'm pretty sure his wife is the woman I see walking around the city in a brown dress and white apron). Then this morning it all changed and I started losing units against those artillery pieces again (trebuchets in this case), and I had no idea why until I noticed that very unhelpful boost at the event hub. I can't wait for that one to go away! :p
You mean…. We only need 20% boost for our defences to have practical use? Interesting

Aethelcatt VIII

You mean…. We only need 20% boost for our defences to have practical use? Interesting
Considering that the poor guy, a crossbow man, has to stand there and take five or six direct hits in a row from the trebuchets, a 20% increase in the firepower of said trebuchets does make a huge difference as far as he (or his wife and kids) is concerned.

Last edited:
I thought it was a good event, but the story lines...were just alright. Bit repeated. And the prizes, I would have added maybe Dracula's Castle or Countess Bathory's castle to spice it up.

Zatrikon

I thought it was a good event, but the story lines...were just alright. Bit repeated. And the prizes, I would have added maybe Dracula's Castle or Countess Bathory's castle to spice it up.
Yeah, the "scary stories" for the toy quest lines are not very good. They're the same ones they use every year. Then again, I don't know how good they could possibly be. How do you make a truly interesting, gripping, scary story in only five short paragraphs?

Agent327

Yeah, the "scary stories" for the toy quest lines are not very good. They're the same ones they use every year. Then again, I don't know how good they could possibly be. How do you make a truly interesting, gripping, scary story in only five short paragraphs?

In the past they used riddles you needed to solve. Those were a nice challenge, but the problem was that a lot of players just did not get it.

It's not easy, I've tried it before in writing challenges but could never get the hang of it. Same with rhymes unfortunately: I'm embarrassed to admit, they take me a while depending.