• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

KeenWise

Okay, so I have reached the Peace Conference... still in CA. The colonials crumble when my tanks rumble rumble, and I know that when I go Indy I should time it for the Winter event (ongoing) or else for Forge Bowl or a later event, so as to take advantage of the tip from @Playnowwithfriends, to save a lot of Indy techs with a free police station (assuming the event grants one, lol).

Part of me says, stay an event and enjoy my tank in CA... But another part of me wants to jump like a toy dog as though I could hover faster that way...

My question here though is about the Campaign map -- for whatever amount of time I park in CA, I should stop any progress on the map, too, right? I was re-reading the guide :) and there is that trick to neither abort nor do that quest... ("Truth or Dare," right?) So, I am wondering if I could get to the FE map... a big if... while I am in CA, could I get the story to take an RQ the same way that other players do? Could I actually get Hovers in CA that way?

[edit: Here's the guide portion I am referring to, which is actually written for when the player already reaches FE map]
Then, push the cMap to FE, negotiating the first province (Agadar). Be sure to skip the CE and TE sectors marked in Part 4 of this guide. You can also do this before reaching "Your Choice: Truth or Dare" in the PME story questline.

Next, complete a side quest or recurring quest that is NOT "Your Choice: Truth or Dare." This will cause the story to appear in that slot and jump to the CE story questline. If you keep "Truth or Dare" open while you are pushing the cMap to FE, then aborting an RQ or side quest will move the story quests to CE, even if you aren't to FE yet. If this happens, DO NOT progress the story. Just wait until you reach the FE map to continue.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Okay, so I have reached the Peace Conference... still in CA. The colonials crumble when my tanks rumble rumble, and I know that when I go Indy I should time it for the Winter event (ongoing) or else for Forge Bowl or a later event, so as to take advantage of the tip from @Playnowwithfriends, to save a lot of Indy techs with a free police station (assuming the event grants one, lol).

Part of me says, stay an event and enjoy my tank in CA... But another part of me wants to jump like a toy dog as though I could hover faster that way...

My question here though is about the Campaign map -- for whatever amount of time I park in CA, I should stop any progress on the map, too, right? I was re-reading the guide :) and there is that trick to neither abort nor do that quest... ("Truth or Dare," right?) So, I am wondering if I could get to the FE map... a big if... while I am in CA, could I get the story to take an RQ the same way that other players do? Could I actually get Hovers in CA that way?

[edit: Here's the guide portion I am referring to, which is actually written for when the player already reaches FE map]
You can't. You get stuck on the PE story.

KeenWise

Awww. That's sad. I was really hoping to keep the Tank in CA as long as possible. :)

You can't. You get stuck on the PE story.

So... stuck? Like a tank in quicksand? Or stuck as in eventually I have to go to Indy? Because if I cannot trigger the CE questline in a CA RQ slot, the way you can in an Indy slot, then can I at least stay in CA till I arrive on the FE map? Or would that mess up the intervening quests? Because I'd have to take a sector and have none to take?

UBERhelp1

Awww. That's sad. I was really hoping to keep the Tank in CA as long as possible. :)

So... stuck? Like a tank in quicksand? Or stuck as in eventually I have to go to Indy? Because if I cannot trigger the CE questline in a CA RQ slot, the way you can in an Indy slot, then can I at least stay in CA till I arrive on the FE map? Or would that mess up the intervening quests? Because I'd have to take a sector and have none to take?
Stuck like you'll have to wait to move up to InA. The only reason you get the CE questline in an RQ slot is because when you reach the end of the PME story, for a single quest the story turns into a side quest. The game moves the storyline to whatever quest slot is completed next, so by aborting a different RQ, the story jumps there. You would never be able to do that in CA because you can't make it to the PME story.

You *could* go to FE in CA, but that'll be very expensive in terms of goods, and there's a good chance you miss out on some of the intervening units, especially MG teams. But if all you care about is the hovers, then you can probably do it. Just remember to skip the CE/TE provinces.

KeenWise

Stuck like you'll have to wait to move up to InA. The only reason you get the CE questline in an RQ slot is because when you reach the end of the PME story, for a single quest the story turns into a side quest. The game moves the storyline to whatever quest slot is completed next, so by aborting a different RQ, the story jumps there. You would never be able to do that in CA because you can't make it to the PME story.

You *could* go to FE in CA, but that'll be very expensive in terms of goods, and there's a good chance you miss out on some of the intervening units, especially MG teams. But if all you care about is the hovers, then you can probably do it. Just remember to skip the CE/TE provinces.
Thank you :) Am really enjoying my tanks in CA, lol. I don't even have level 10 attack gbs, heck, I have not even built a CDM yet. :) So my boosts from two sub-5 attack gbs and some minor event buildings is like 60/50 give or take a nickel. Am imagining what kind of wreckage these guys could do in CA on auto with some real boosts. :)

The intervening higher age troops... The friend who shared this guide with me, he eventually left Indy for PE because the howitzers were hitting through Hover stealth. So my intuition is that the ME, PME, CE, TE troops take a beating in Indy, too.

How effective were the ME, PME, CE, and TE troops against Indy? I think that answer would help me :) When sleighs next come available or when/if the 200%er (moby dick of diamond deals) makes an appearance, that's probably when I will decide whether to park in CA and advance only on map or else to go to Indy. Even if I park now, if I get sick of neg'ing through to FE, there's always Forge Bowl to get police stations :)

UBERhelp1

Thank you :) Am really enjoying my tanks in CA, lol. I don't even have level 10 attack gbs, heck, I have not even built a CDM yet. :) So my boosts from two sub-5 attack gbs and some minor event buildings is like 60/50 give or take a nickel. Am imagining what kind of wreckage these guys could do in CA on auto with some real boosts. :)

The intervening higher age troops... The friend who shared this guide with me, he eventually left Indy for PE because the howitzers were hitting through Hover stealth. So my intuition is that the ME, PME, CE, TE troops take a beating in Indy, too.

How effective were the ME, PME, CE, and TE troops against Indy? I think that answer would help me :) When sleighs next come available or when/if the 200%er (moby dick of diamond deals) makes an appearance, that's probably when I will decide whether to park in CA and advance only on map or else to go to Indy. Even if I park now, if I get sick of neg'ing through to FE, there's always Forge Bowl to get police stations :)
PME troops (specifically MG teams) were really nice against InA troops for me. When I last ran through it, I only knew how to get up to PME in InA, so I can't personally speak for anything higher. And get ready to slooooooowly move through the cMap. It. Takes. Forever.

KeenWise

Yeah, the map just gets crazy slow. :) I have two SAV worlds -- one is Beta, or else I would only have one, lol. That's another reason I am thinking of parking in CA with my tanks and just advancing on the map. Will be a lot of negotiations, I am sure, but advancing on the map will take just as long if I go to Indy as if I stay in CA. :) So in that time, lots and lots of attack boosts gained, lots of GE4, and I hope lots and lots of diamonds. :)

I never got the “down the rabbit hole” quest while trying to get future troops in PME. It jumped to the “an old acquaintance” Is it still possible to get the rest of the FE troops. I’ve only gotten the 2 drone swarms and the old acquaintance will give 3 exoskeletons? Or will it go back to it. I never could get it to come up when I was still in the Kolaburg territory. I still have the last 3 territories to take.
thanks in advance,
TWSS

UBERhelp1

I never got the “down the rabbit hole” quest while trying to get future troops in PME. It jumped to the “an old acquaintance” Is it still possible to get the rest of the FE troops. I’ve only gotten the 2 drone swarms and the old acquaintance will give 3 exoskeletons? Or will it go back to it. I never could get it to come up when I was still in the Kolaburg territory. I still have the last 3 territories to take.
thanks in advance,
TWSS
Iirc, there's no troops before those Drone Storms. You should be able to get the rest of the troops.

KeenWise

Is there a guide or a comparable thread for asking questions about the PVP tourney? Have tried searches -- the forum dropped "PVP" as a term because it is three letters... :| And I browsed the guide forums without finding one... Have also tried writing the admins, and got "we can't tell you that" as an answer, lol.

Figured I would ask you guys, since you have great answers :)

UBERhelp1

Is there a guide or a comparable thread for asking questions about the PVP tourney? Have tried searches -- the forum dropped "PVP" as a term because it is three letters... :| And I browsed the guide forums without finding one... Have also tried writing the admins, and got "we can't tell you that" as an answer, lol.

Figured I would ask you guys, since you have great answers :)
Not really... there may be one in progress, but I've lost motivation for it :p

If you have questions though feel free to PM me or post them in the questions forum and @me and I'll answer what I can

I can confirm that InA Police Stations can be obtained from events namely this winter event. I got one for one of my 3 InA worlds. The rest of the time the cultural building is a saloon or water pumping station. I will point out that the SQs require a total of 5 Police Stations as the Store building kit does not work on Tech-tree buildings.

xivarmy

I can confirm that InA Police Stations can be obtained from events namely this winter event. I got one for one of my 3 InA worlds. The rest of the time the cultural building is a saloon or water pumping station. I will point out that the SQs require a total of 5 Police Stations as the Store building kit does not work on Tech-tree buildings.

You only need 3 police stations as the second quest is to *have* 3 not build 3 - as long as you don't *sell* those police stations when you built 2 for the first one.

You also require 5 old walls for the second quest - which will require Worker's Houses unlocked most likely (winning non-premium decos is pretty rare)

xivarmy

So I've been playing around in PE story on a couple worlds the last few days. Both did manage to avoid the "Bad" version of Freedom of the Press while fighting. I'm not sure what triggers it - but avoiding that is the biggest determining factor of how much you have left over after a "normal" traversal of PE story (i.e. not waiting to win Police Stations).

Summary of PE story's stumbling blocks:

1) 08/15 - Research a military/nonmilitary technology - can be done in colonial (though there's no reason it has to be)
2) Blood in the Trenches - forces advancement to Industrial to recruit units if supporting one of the sides. Not a block if on peaceful path. No idea if you're fighting both already.
3) "Gratitude" - Decoration Tech. 2 Snipers if helping the Brits fight the Germans, 2 Tanks if helping the Germans fight the Brits, 2 Conscripts if Peaceful, *Nothing* if fighting both already (unable to confirm this last one because it really seems like a bad idea for the most part - does allow you to skip the decoration tech though - but this is not yet a critical tech.
4) Trench Fever - Research 3 Techs.
5) The Peace Conference - Have 2 Police Stations. May need to research a residential tech (can be avoided by having fought both sides before receiving this quest - but generally not important as long as you haven't passed boarding houses yet... since we're assuming you're researching to Law and Order here and boarding houses is on the way)
6) Declaration of War/All-Out War. Both require you to Research a Military Technology. Flanking Tactics recommended under a normal progression as you might need to research it anyways for the next step if you get the bad version somehow. You get All-Out War if you've already fought both sides by now. All-Out war requires an additional 10 Industrial Units to be recruited, but that shouldn't be a problem, just maybe a little annoying.
7) Freedom of the Press - there's a "bad" version of this quest that requires a Cultural Technology which if you've already researched Law and Order means you now have to research to Infrastructure. Exact trigger conditions for the bad version unknown - rumored to be related to being peaceful.
8) Counter-Campaign - not a stumbling block for normal progression, but if you were trying to minimize techs, you now need "Old Wall" (from Worker's Houses at the earliest)

So... with this in mind after a normal passage if you didn't get dinged by the bad version of Freedom of the Press, you have 7 techs left (Reconnaisance, Victorian Houses, Modern Manufacturing, Modern Roads, Ballistics, Infrastructure, Breech Loading). Enough on its own to get to Hovers, including doing TE story.

Since Modern Roads is one of the techs still left open, you cannot have finished the Industrial bonus line yet at this point - so another reason to Fight the North and not unlock it by bypassing Las Penas.

Working backward from Peace Conference where it's assumed you research to Law and Order, you may need Boarding Houses for Peace Conference, Precision Tools, The West, and one more for Trench Fever (Worker's Houses, Hygiene, Modern Chemistry, etc). Worker's Houses or Modern Chemistry for the decoration tech. Rifles for the 08/15 military tech.

----

Minimum tech with all-fighting assuming you do win police stations instead of research would be:
08/15 in colonial
Blood in the Trenches = research Extraction to advance to industrial to win industrial troops
Gratitude = Modern Chemistry
Trench Fever = Industrialization, Railroad, Hygiene. Make sure to have fought both sides.
Peace Conference = Place 2 won Police Stations
All-Out War = Rifles
(Freedom of the Press if needed = The West)
Counter-Campaign = Worker's Houses for walls
11-12 techs left.

Minimum tech with peace branch assuming you do win police stations instead of research would be:
08/15 in colonial
blood in the trenches not a block in peace branch
gratitude in colonial
trench fever in colonial - break the peace on both sides before completing
peace conference - advance to industrial with industrialization and start winning police stations
all-out war = Rifles
(freedom of the press if needed = the west (ouch) hope not!)
counter-campaign = worker's houses for walls
11-15 techs left. 15 would *almost* enough on its own to get through to the last OF troops.

KeenWise

Wait wait... so I may get the wrong building if I wait till Forge Bowl? Hmmm... that was my back up plan... Though I still like tanks in CA. :)

Wait wait... so I may get the wrong building if I wait till Forge Bowl? Hmmm... that was my back up plan... Though I still like tanks in CA. :)
Yes, you need to be in InA in order to get Police Stations. Below I have a made a PAINFULLY MINIMUM tech tree plan for InA tech tree.
InA Minimum_3.0 5000 IQ.jpg
The order of progression follows the rainbow colors from bright to dark and ending in pink. The notes in back are handled with previous era techs.
It is recommended that the player move through the event quest while in Colonial; need less age dependent buildings.

xivarmy

Winter event shows a different assortment of buildings each day - not even consistent between servers - so you *might* get a police station day (read the board before you shuffle). But you also might not.

There's a Daily Challenge chest that offers a random cultural building - and I believe GE's cultural building is also random when you win it... so should be a police station every 10-12 weeks.

It is certainly potentially an extreme amount of patience needed to win your police stations.

Last edited by a moderator:

BadDR

Hi, thank you for this guide. I'm in InA and I've gotten the troops up to PME. I have a question (my first but probably not my last).

I just made the trip to the CE map. Once I skip to the FE storyline, will I ever return to the CE storyline? I'm guessing not, in which case it doesn't matter whether I fight or negotiate the various provinces - I'll get FE troops but lose out on the diamonds I'd earn in the CE quest line.

classick59

Nope you skip the pm and ce storyline all together. The story begins when you get to the future lands. And until you get through the OA story line I'd wait until finishing truth or dare. Good luck BadDR. Hopefully I can see a loss with your name attached

Last edited: