• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for the Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021

Ericness

My initial reaction is that I like it! Had fun hitting a new map and it seems like there will be a bit more action (and the associated rewards) than the original version.

I think I'll need at least a campaign season or two to truly have a good sense of how some of the new features play out, but I definitely have a positive first impression.

BpTexas

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I think it's a good thing that truly small guilds are at a disadvantage to larger guilds. A small guild shouldn't be able to beat a large one assuming roughly the same participation among all players.

What would be a good solution?

Cross server would be a good start, but guild rank being dependent on cross server seems sketchy.

Group by size like ge could be helpful, but there are already too few active guilds to fill out most leagues these days with the ranking/mmr system so watered down.

A proper elo system would be a huge step in the right direction and shouldn't be that hard. Elo ranking is fairly well established.. That would also allow lp to go uncapped which would help non gvg guilds rank better. But that requires inno to get something right.

We're still waiting on mobile speed fixed, ghost flag bug fixes, and the heal all button fix. One miracle at a time!
It's not small guilds as such Penguin. With most sectors touching 6 other sectors, it's just easier for 1-2 guilds to control the map compared to the old map, which had breaks between some of the sectors, forcing every guild even strong ones to take the long way

BpTexas

This "update" is another example of fixing something that did not need to be fixed. I love the euphemism of "update" when "wrecking" would be more accurate.
What truly needs to be fixed is how the guilds are matched against each other. Possibly something like GE? Possibly another League higher than Diamond would do it as well.

Ebeondi Asi

The new GbG is just a good as the original in my opinion. One issue I see q few glaring examples of across three Worlds .. A mid sized area of the map aound hmebase of some Guilds have multiple no SC where other areas have far more than needed. The distribution is completely random. Which allows some areas to really be devoid of opening for SC.
This like in one GbG, right around my Guild home. (naturally it was not a problem, and we are #1 on the map), but it bothered me enough to post here.
IT definitely seems the distribution is totally random, and thus some areas next to Home base get many spot for SCs and other Home bases can have at most one of all as far as the second tile away of all tiles added together. While just one Guild home (within all three World GbG I take part in) has five SC spots directly touching the home tile.
This is a rather odd feast or famine.
This is not a rant, nor a whine. just an observation.
For a small Guild this would be life or death by random selection. For large Guilds I know no one noticed this as even worth mentioning.
I never noticed this large a variation in the Original type map.

I've been asking around, and other players are seeing the same thing with the negotiations. It's pretty blatant actually. It used to be about an even split (one-third chance each) among 4, 5 or 6 items for a negotiation. Now it's 6 items more than half the time. So the developers just killed another playing style for weak players. Cool and normal !!

CDmark

some data for you all
diamond league

summary - fragments are down vs other map - estimated 30% new map vs 50% old map (OF REWARDS)
I know where some of that went, coins and supplies

1000 attacks no negos at all
504 rewards

171 FP
149 fragments
45 supplies
40 coin
29 5X mil
25 3 rogue
2 2X mil
23 50 goods
8 10% attack boost
5 20% attack boost
7 diamonds

Hopefully I can get the data set to 2 or 3K advances

Have noticed that all guild members can put up and take down the targets and not to hit hand. Is this a bug? Would really like that to just be for us Founders and leaders.

floor man

We would love to hear your feedback about The Guild Battlegrounds Update 2021!
You can find the announcement here.
The Siege camps are completely unfair our Guild has to do 480 fights just to access one in the center we're other guilds only have to do 160 fights to have access multiple camps

RazorbackPirate

The Siege camps are completely unfair our Guild has to do 480 fights just to access one in the center we're other guilds only have to do 160 fights to have access multiple camps
I understand, but I doubt you'd be here complaining about the unfairness if you were in one of the other guilds. Hopefully for the next round with this map, random treats you better.

From what I understand that is random though. So next round you may have better SC opportunities. I like it if it is random. Just another challenge of the game.

Pericles the Lion

From what I understand that is random though. So next round you may have better SC opportunities. I like it if it is random. Just another challenge of the game.
I agree. Some HQs are bounded by 4 tiles, some only 3. Some HQ's boundary tiles have building spots, some not. In my experience, assignment of HQ tile to guild has been random. This means sometimes a guild will start out taking tiles they can build on, sometimes not. IMO, there's nothing wrong with that.

Agent327

In my experience, assignment of HQ tile to guild has been random. This means sometimes a guild will start out taking tiles they can build on, sometimes not. IMO, there's nothing wrong with that.

It is not completely random. Guild with the lowest league points is in the 12 o'clock spot and it goes up clockwise.

ffblackice

building slots are not distributed in a fair manner, some of guilds have 4-5 building slots surrounding home base, some of guilds only have 1. I do believe building slots should be distributed fairly.
found 1 guild has 0 building slot surrounding home base, very bad spot.

Last edited:
What truly needs to be fixed is how the guilds are matched against each other. Possibly something like GE? Possibly another League higher than Diamond would do it as well.

Agreed This has been the main problem with GbG all along and the new map gives an even bigger advantage to the large guilds. But Inno has chosen to ignore this problem. It seems the devs are more concerned with being cute than they are in actually listening to the players and improving the game.

Ebeondi Asi

Agreed This has been the main problem with GbG all along and the new map gives an even bigger advantage to the large guilds. But Inno has chosen to ignore this problem. It seems the devs are more concerned with being cute than they are in actually listening to the players and improving the game.
You mistake the whining of weak players: " actually listening to the players and improving the game" with all players..
Most of the poor (and mostly delusional) demands all center on handing weak player and weak Guild a windfall.
Foe is not for participation trophies, it is to learn how to be strong, conquer your enemies. win. not play kissy kissy.