• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Did the neighbor assignment algorithm change?

jsc29

In my most recent change of neighborhood things changed in a major way. I do a lot of plundering, but when tried to plunder this new neighborhood almost noone had any uncollected buildings of any kind, and those that did just had 5 or 10 goods buildings available. This is a huge change from the usual situation. Normally in my neighborhoods about 30% of players, maybe 20 or so of them will have uncollected forge points and of those 4-6 will have a lot of forge points, like 6-12 available. Not this neighborhood.

So, after several days of this I decided to look at my neighborhood more closely and virtually all of them are in top 20 guilds! This is totally different than normal. Usually I get maybe 4 or 5 people in top guilds, and the rest just in random guilds. I am in a top guild and always have been, at least for the last year.

So, it would appear that the algorithm changed to put either people in top guilds together, or people who collect frequently together. Either way, it looks like my days as a pirate are over.

Johnny B. Goode

So you never thought it strange that you usually only got 4 or 5 people in top guilds, but one time with "virtually all" in top guilds means they changed how they do things? Wow. Just wow.