• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

WinnerGR

I've seen a few people who seem to fall into that mode - self-leveling and letting snipers take whatever they will. Whatever works for you, right?
Yeah I suppose it works quite well for a diamond farm if you don't have the time resource to fulfill taxing guild requirements.

..Boudica..

I accrue a lot of snipers bc I hit everybody in my hood, top to bottom, daily except on weekends. I used to plunder but I don't really need anything and I remember how it was to login and see that bobbing burgler head. I'm after the points. If I need medals for GE I'll do PvP instead. I dont plunder folks anymore unless theyre a real jerk to me first. I get hate mail and friend requests. I gets a lot of polish.

Surprisingly I encounter a lot of M+ scores that snipe me bc they can't plunder anything and they don't realize me attacking them doesn't hurt them at all. Sometimes I remind them. Sometimes I suggest something that would improve their city or that they lose the default 2-unit defense. Sometimes I just hit em every night until the hood changes up. Oops. In the end, I can usually 1.9 around them and thank em for helping level my building ;[)

Last edited:

Jern2017

I like that response - I would immediately send a FR and snipe away!

I've seen a few people who seem to fall into that mode - self-levelling and letting snipers take whatever they will. Whatever works for you, right?

I absolutely did.

I have a Diamond farm and pretty much self level as well. Not much chance to spend my FPs elsewhere.

Jern2017

Just got this earlier. Is it just me or are neighbors becoming less whiny?

Attachments

• 20220316_020900.jpg
    20220316_020900.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 42

Darkest.Knight

Not sure why anyone would complain about plundering, it's not as though u don't know it might happen. I've never been a plunderer because it's just too slow relying on others for what I need, lol, my build is just better. I attack neighbors all the time, I just don't look for freebies; I do it for game pts.

Johnny B. Goode

Not sure why anyone would complain about plundering, it's not as though u don't know it might happen. I've never been a plunderer because it's just too slow relying on others for what I need, lol, my build is just better. I attack neighbors all the time, I just don't look for freebies; I do it for game pts.
LOL
You don't really think the plunderers are doing it because they "need" the plunder, do you? I mean, seriously, if anyone is doing it to meet their needs then they are to be pitied because they are really bad at the game. Personally, I occasionally plunder just for fun. Anything I gain from it is gravy, not the main course. I suspect it is the same for almost all plunderers.

Ebeondi Asi

schadenfreude / epicaricacy .. Taking pleasure at the misfortune of others. (even if you caused it) is a big part of it. Players joy at getting a whining plaint PM from the victim boosts the fun.
Braging rights. For taking big FP booty like a long train is part of it too.

Johnny B. Goode

So I just attacked the entire hood on one of my worlds. Plundered some. Got repelled by a surprising % of those I attempted. Didn't do it for the plunder itself, although I got a few nice items. Didn't really do it for the battle points either, which was good because a large % had 2 Spearmen, or less, in defense. Just for fun. Then I went back through and "sniped" a few GBs for good measure. Now we'll see how many hit me back, and if any send a message.

Darkest.Knight

It's pretty obvious we all have different game experiences and it's obvious that some people disagree just to disagree. Players don't moan about being plundered because they aren't losing something and when the same plunderer returns daily the moans get loader. As I progressed thru the eras it was quite irritating that the same attackers returned daily, forced me to collect in a timely manner or lose my stuff; losing goods or FP's was most common. Plunderers comments indicate that many r looking for freebies for whatever reason. So contrary to the opinion expressed earlier, players do plunder because they "need" your stuff.

For myself attacking about 60 neighbors, ignore top 20% since like myself use rogues or no units to protect their towns, I gain about 225,000 game pts, for myself it helps when I'm pushing up against someone in rank standings.

Johnny B. Goode

looking for freebies for whatever reason
they "need" your stuff.
Interesting that you think these two phrases mean the same thing. :rolleyes:
it's obvious that some people disagree just to disagree.
If you'd quit saying stuff that just wrong, I won't have to keep correcting you.
It's pretty obvious we all have different game experiences
True, and we have different scopes of experience. I have played for 7 years in all ages up to SAM and have been in big and small guilds and been in guild leadership many times. I have also at least dabbled in almost all game mechanics and many different playing styles over the years. You seem to come from a very narrow scope of game experience and are totally focused on one playing style. I think if anyone is disagreeing just to disagree, it is the person with the limited perspective. But, hey, keep on thinking you're always right. Don't let facts or the truth stand in your way.
As I progressed thru the eras it was quite irritating that the same attackers returned daily, forced me to collect in a timely manner or lose my stuff; losing goods or FP's was most common.
Hard to believe that such an accomplished player would lose goods or FPs most often when plundered. I lose coins or supplies on the rare occasions someone plunders one of my cities. Almost never goods. Almost never FPs. (I would say never, but then someone who got an FP once might contradict me.)

Gypsy Grace

My new neighbors are super feisty today! I'm EMA and have been attacked by 4 (so far). None of the four used EMA troops and none of them utilized all 8 military slots! I sent them all the following message:

Hey...you never know if you can win unless you try, right! It looks like you aged up too soon. You'll need to get your Zeus built and grow it if you want to be able to fight. The Cathedral of Aachen and Castel de Monte will help your army as well. And, you'll need current age fighters, too!

Then, I attacked and plundered to show them how it's done. I had a 'defeat x number units' and a 'gather x number goods' quest active. Win, win, win!

Kranyar the Mysterious

Hard to believe that such an accomplished player would lose goods or FPs most often when plundered. I lose coins or supplies on the rare occasions someone plunders one of my cities. Almost never goods. Almost never FPs. (I would say never, but then someone who got an FP once might contradict me.)
Plundered goods, lol.

Thing that stood out to me was that the same player kept aging up at the same time over and over just so they could keep plundering them. Now that is a dedicated plunderer!

Last edited:

spartacus2.0

LOL
You don't really think the plunderers are doing it because they "need" the plunder, do you? I mean, seriously, if anyone is doing it to meet their needs then they are to be pitied because they are really bad at the game.
Same with people who aid for the coins
Those poor people who need the money so badly

Ebeondi Asi

Same with people who aid for the coins
Those poor people who need the money so badly
I can remember when I aided and wrote about how it is a big deal one can take in millions of coins a year from aiding. and now i take in three hundred million coins a day ... LOL

Sharmon the Impaler

LOL
You don't really think the plunderers are doing it because they "need" the plunder, do you? I mean, seriously, if anyone is doing it to meet their needs then they are to be pitied because they are really bad at the game. Personally, I occasionally plunder just for fun. Anything I gain from it is gravy, not the main course. I suspect it is the same for almost all plunderers.

I do it for the hate mail lol , it’s actually kinda fun giving someone an aneurysm over a few non existent virtual goods. I will sometimes make a latte before sitting down to read about how I am so horrible and mean

Sledgie

If I remember, I aid neighbors from Townhall so those don't get plundered. Most of the time I forget though, and they get plundered anyway. I'm at 1254/1500 for the achievement. My priority is FP - TV chains, and trains are the first thing I look at, then Hippodromes, then TF2a, Moon Gate level 2, palaces, etc.