• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

10th Anniversary questions and non feedback comments.

Jern2017

Has anyone noticed how the timer/production window on the new Stage of Ages looks different than on buildings from previous events (at least on mobile)?

Attachments

• 20220415_013220.jpg
    20220415_013220.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220415_013243.jpg
    20220415_013243.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 13

Johnny B. Goode

Has anyone noticed how the timer/production window on the new Stage of Ages looks different than on buildings from previous events (at least on mobile)?
That's their new, streamlined way of saying "When motivated" without actually saying it. The items in the boxes with the stars are what you get if the building is motivated. It doesn't look like they've retrofitted the previous buildings with that yet, they still have the "When motivated".

Johnny B. Goode

Eh, I like getting as many portraits as possible, even though I haven't switched portraits for several years lol
I rarely switch portraits, either, but just for fun I went through and checked how many were available to me on each of my 9 worlds. Low of 181 in one of my 3 LMA cities, and high of 315 in my SAM city. I also have a fledgling Bronze Age city on the EN server, and it has 142 portraits available. It doesn't seem like there were nearly that many available to new cities back when I started, but I honestly don't have any idea how many it might have been back then.

Kranyar the Mysterious

That's their new, streamlined way of saying "When motivated" without actually saying it. The items in the boxes with the stars are what you get if the building is motivated. It doesn't look like they've retrofitted the previous buildings with that yet, they still have the "When motivated".
I thought another recent building had that interface too, but looking through all the buildings for the last year I couldn't find it. Now it's going to bug me, lol. Wondering if it was and got changed at some point.

Hwkwind

Hello, I participated in the whole event thing and have won about 4 of these Orrery upgrade kits but every time I tried to use them it tells me I need a base unit.
Is it a bug?
I would like to have used them but it doesn't let me, so I believe I already sold them in the antiques dealer. No, it looks like I just won another. Silly and disappointing.

Johnny B. Goode

Hello, I participated in the whole event thing and have won about 4 of these Orrery upgrade kits but every time I tried to use them it tells me I need a base unit.
Is it a bug?
I would like to have used them but it doesn't let me, so I believe I already sold them in the antiques dealer. No, it looks like I just won another. Silly and disappointing.
You should have the base unit. You should have received it after completing the 6th event quest. Check your inventory.

Richard Rambone

Got a combined total of 10 stages. 4 on the first opportunity and 6 on the most recent one. No diamonds spent. It appears that the law of averages rears it's ugly head. We saw the same swing in our guild, we even had one guildie get three in a row on her fist three rolls.

spartacus2.0

I spent 1990 diamonds, bought 1200 tickets, spent them all at once since the daily special after I refreshed it was the stage of ages, then did you know how many of those stages I got? NONE. I feel scammed and cheated T_T:mad::(:confused:

But at least I got two Magnum Opus :D

SomePlayer5000

It was a good event. Rewards... were a bit poor counting you got a bunch from this board game, but I managed to get some good ones anyway. Some of the quests seemed awful to complete, like get idk 1000 or 2000 tavern silver? It was still a nice event and I was glad to be around when it came.

wolfhoundtoo

That is only a valid comparison if you have a level two Winner's plaza to put in rather than the grand king level 2.

Johnny B. Goode

That is only a valid comparison if you have a level two Winner's plaza to put in rather than the grand king level 2.
Well, in one event I went for the Winners Plaza selection kits and ended up with 20-24 of them in almost every one of my 9 cities. I think one city had some bad luck and only got 10 or so. And in this event I ended up with one (1) Grand King level 2. Period. Out of 9 cities. Now in one city I did end up with two Grand Queens level 2, but no Grand King to put them next to. Luckily, the attack boost doesn't depend on that.

So in one event I averaged one level 2 Grand King/Queen for every three cities and in the other event I averaged over 10 level 2 Winners Plazas per city. I'm thinking it's a valid comparison.

wolfhoundtoo

Well, in one event I went for the Winners Plaza selection kits and ended up with 20-24 of them in almost every one of my 9 cities. I think one city had some bad luck and only got 10 or so. And in this event I ended up with one (1) Grand King level 2. Period. Out of 9 cities. Now in one city I did end up with two Grand Queens level 2, but no Grand King to put them next to. Luckily, the attack boost doesn't depend on that.

So in one event I averaged one level 2 Grand King/Queen for every three cities and in the other event I averaged over 10 level 2 Winners Plazas per city. I'm thinking it's a valid comparison.

Except he only mentioned attack power between the 2 nothing about the amount you could or should of gotten so no it's not a valid comparison based on what he posted. If you care to add in anything else to the post that's a different conversation.

Johnny B. Goode

Except he only mentioned attack power between the 2 nothing about the amount you could or should of gotten so no it's not a valid comparison based on what he posted. If you care to add in anything else to the post that's a different conversation.
His point: Grand King level 2's attack bonus of 5% is trash compared to the Winners Plaza level 2's, which starts out at 5% in BA and goes up to 14% in SAV.

Your point: His comparison is only valid if you have a Winners Plaza level 2 to place instead of the Grand King level 2. Now your point does nothing to refute his point, or even invalidate it. You are implying that the Winners Plaza level 2 is harder to obtain than the Grand King level 2. So...

My point: Winners Plaza level 2 is much, much easier to obtain and thus is a much better building to place if it comes to a choice between the two. So in one post I am both affirming his valid point and refuting your not-so-valid point.

Capiche?

Last edited: