• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology 2022 Feedback

xivarmy

Actually, I went ahead and tried it right before you posted, and got a full gem. Not a good setup for sure!

It's more accommodating for chasing specials and the calendar at the same time. On a day when you want the special you can cover 3 different day's gems:
- 1 before midnight
- 1 after midnight
- 1 found but not yet collected for the next day

Scootinround

Problem is there is never enough scrolls to even get a play in. 40 per main rush quest? Are you kidding? And all the competing production times with the tablets’ mini game and the quest is just too much. I spend most of the time waiting on a production than I am playin the game. I am not liking this and will never play this one again. Just not worth it.

Karen Isaacsdottir

This is my second archeology event and I have noticed an unpleasant trend.

If you played last year's event, there was a bit Ferris wheel building (with upgrades). Like the shamrock event, which offered the druid temple building, the archeology event has had a few upgrades for the Ferris wheel but only a few. My housemate and I both play Forge and he has yet to get an upgrade - he has three to go, while I have five (event did give me three upgrades, but that's all).

Neither Ferris wheel nor druid temple upgrades have ever showed up in the antique dealer while endless Bandar playground and associated bits and pieces do, often enough that I recognize them by their graphic.

I want to max both my Ferris wheel and druid temple, as does my housemate. A very small sample, to be sure, but I wager if you polled players you would find the same disgruntlement and disappointment.

Upgrades to prior year's buildings should be available in the antique dealer. Shouldn't have to play for years to get a bloody upgrade to a building.

MollisVox

I'm not loving the tool balance right now. I keep running out of brushes with like 11 shovels left just because of the map design where using a shovel would often be a waste. Often need to use a brush to set up using a shovel too, would be good to change that.

It's also less clear how to achieve the daily specials than it was in other events. Unlike the poster above me, I did get a ferris wheel upgrade kit on a special the first day, but was only able to get 1 after burning through a couple sets of tools. I dont think the drop rate of the dailies/rate of appearance is equal to the cost of even locating them.

I like the clay tablet stuff, you can look at the various quests and decide if its worth it to you to do them, and they help with event currancy. None of the tasks have been too cost heavy to do either, and many overlap, which is good. Something like this with other events could be a plus.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I'm caught up to the dailies in both the worlds I'm playing the event in, and have used most of my scrolls (395 packs only), plus completed a lot of tablets. So far I've gotten zero daily specials in either world even though I've picked up every vase available. The chance to get a daily special seems way too low this year. Also the maze in both worlds seems much more convoluted this year than years past, requiring many more brushes to navigate through in order to get to a place where you can use a shovel or dynamite. I'm hoping this is just the law of averages catching up to me, and not a designed in nerf of the event.

Sharmon the Impaler

The maze was a little much for me and I dropped the event , I will leave the 413 scrolls rot on the vine on this one. It not a fun event anymore with the repetition (how many time do you have to make a city happy ? ) and the trashed maze designed to make you chew up your digging stuff as quickly as possible and then there is the problem of no daily specials. Inno you want feedback ? Your event is now awful and just a waste of time. I hope you don’t trash all the events like this one just to make more money.

Gypsy Grace

I saved up scrolls and hit the 650 scroll award today. I switched out my Daily Special and it changed to the Carousel. I went through all of my scrolls buying the big tool bundle three times and a small tool bundle once. I found 38 vases in the sand. Any guesses as to how many Carousels I got?

Kranyar the Mysterious

I saved up scrolls and hit the 650 scroll award today. I switched out my Daily Special and it changed to the Carousel. I went through all of my scrolls buying the big tool bundle three times and a small tool bundle once. I found 38 vases in the sand. Any guesses as to how many Carousels I got?
Wow, 38?

Agent327

The events are becoming much less special for sure.....
Guess they are trying to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs....

They become much less special, cause they lose the novelty. By now you have done this event several times. You know how it works. It has just become a repeating of clicks. The game is a repeating of clicks. The events are a possible change to that, but in the end they become a repeating of clicks as well. So in the end, the only reason to do them are the rewards and in this event they are really poor. Chance to get the daily special is to low and the "big" prize is not really that great. Sets were interesting at the beginning, but now they start to become totally annoying. They take up more space then a special buildding and it is space no long time player has. Inno shoulkd really wake up to what long time players need.

Ebeondi Asi

This event is a waste of time for any advanced player. (Plus i seems to be heading in the same direction of difficulty winning any daily as Halloween. Which is the all time loser of Dailies. )
I can save my Diamonds for some event, someday, that actually is an improvement over the weak building set being offered. in this Event The powers that be seem so worried about escalation they have fallen for mediocrity and that is this Events byword. And no advanced player needs this stuff. So this event can be a big yawn. no problem by me. I can save a lot of time and money ignoring it. !
When the powers that be make an Event prize worth replacing 'good' stuff with.. (wow yeah I'm waiting!!) then I will play that Event. Not until... LOL

Stay Rita

So far, the event is doing well have yet to spend anything yet waiting on Farris wheels to come back around. I really like how the quest are super easy and was able to do 10 per day on all 28 of my worlds meaning I got to quest 40 on every world still have kits from last events so I might be able to max Farris wheels on every world.

Johnny B. Goode

I think you have to make your own fun in each event. This one I'm playing the maze each day just long enough to find that day's Gem. So far out of 9 worlds I have found all but one. And I've gotten a Gem Shard on each world each day, too. So I'm seeing if I can complete the "calendar" on one or more worlds. (And if I don't...no big deal. It was fun trying.) Not worrying about the main prize or the dailies because I don't like sets and most of my cities are already packed.

DevaCat

I really wanted this one to be better, as I enjoyed the first and second events, but I’m just not feeling it. Consensus over 4 guilds (small sample) is that it’s just lame. As pointed out, the % chance of landing a daily special is terrible. Add to that it’s yet another set (why??) and given ridiculous odds against getting the useful parts of that set, why bother? I wanted to think I was just being delusional thinking that the obstacles had been increased, but after multiple occasions of burning through 4-5 tools to simply get past an obstacle patch with zero rewards, I have to wonder. I will not be spending diamonds let alone actual dollars on this mess.

Aethelcatt VIII

I think you have to make your own fun in each event. This one I'm playing the maze each day just long enough to find that day's Gem. So far out of 9 worlds I have found all but one. And I've gotten a Gem Shard on each world each day, too. So I'm seeing if I can complete the "calendar" on one or more worlds. (And if I don't...no big deal. It was fun trying.) Not worrying about the main prize or the dailies because I don't like sets and most of my cities are already packed.
I'm playing this event exactly the same way. There is really nothing interesting for me among the daily specials except SO upgrading kits (which I haven't seen so far despite switching the dailies every day), and the new butterfly set, well, like everybody is saying, is just lame. So we might as well make it a game to see if we can complete the "calendar" without spending any diamonds...

Last year's archaeology event was great; I got two fully leveled Ferris wheels out of it, and they were a big boost to my then-brand-new city. This year? Not so much.

Yugi the 7empest

1200 scrolls, 2 daily specials. Combine this with the event building being AD fodder and the imbalance of tools needed (brushes anyone?), make this event easily the worst in the last couple of years. How this dumpster fire made it through BETA is beyond me.