• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Going from EMA to HMA and eventually FE

Gypsy Grace

I have been in EMA a while and thought I would stay there. A friend has pointed out some benefits to getting to FE (troops and land, mostly). I want to go for it!

I'm working trades to get the missing bronze goods needed to complete HMA
I have the HMA goods needed to complete the research, plus an additional 300+ of each for negotiations
I will add forge points to the first three HMA research 'bubbles' - just shy of completing them (I won't age up until one of them is complete, right?)
I plan to wait until the next season of GBG starts (middle of a GE) to age up
Once GBG starts, I will complete the military and goods 'bubbles' immediately and get barracks and buildings going in my city

Anything else I can do to get ready to age up?

My friend (SAJM) thinks I can get to FE in two months. I would take 3-4 times that, most likely! Let me hear your pros and cons of leaving EMA and heading to FE

FYI:
My Arc is at 80
Traz 20
Aachen 10
CDM 10
Zeus 12
CF 10
I hope to add the Himeji next, but maybe I need something different if I am going to age up?

Kranyar the Mysterious

If you prep properly you can make the jump in one day. I did that from Iron Age to FE, and by jumping on the first day of GBG I got a full season where attrition made zero impact. Got over 25k battles in, and it was a blast (but one I'd never want to repeat, 25k battles in a season is brutal). Took about 6 months to prepare goods and fp, leveled my combat GBs to 100 along with AO first. Left Traz at 21 and leveled it to 80 immediately upon reaching FE to get a ton of Hovers.

So that said yes, it is possible to get to FE quickly, but do some prep beforehand.

spartacus2.0

I have been in EMA a while and thought I would stay there. A friend has pointed out some benefits to getting to FE (troops and land, mostly). I want to go for it!

I'm working trades to get the missing bronze goods needed to complete HMA
I have the HMA goods needed to complete the research, plus an additional 300+ of each for negotiations
I will add forge points to the first three HMA research 'bubbles' - just shy of completing them (I won't age up until one of them is complete, right?)
I plan to wait until the next season of GBG starts (middle of a GE) to age up
Once GBG starts, I will complete the military and goods 'bubbles' immediately and get barracks and buildings going in my city

Anything else I can do to get ready to age up?

My friend (SAJM) thinks I can get to FE in two months. I would take 3-4 times that, most likely! Let me hear your pros and cons of leaving EMA and heading to FE

FYI:
My Arc is at 80
Traz 20
Aachen 10
CDM 10
Zeus 12
CF 10
I hope to add the Himeji next, but maybe I need something different if I am going to age up?
Get to Future in two months? How is that possible? (Unless you buy thousands of fp which is near impossible for a person in EMA)

DevaCat

Hi Grace! Yes, it’s safe to pay the fps for the first 3 research techs; you won’t age up until you pay the goods etc for one of them. Getting out of EMA is a good idea lol.

If you plan to do rqs with that CF, why be in a super rush to age up? The 3 ages after EMA are good for the collect supplies RQ. Because of the small footprint of the buildings and it only takes a pair to complete a RQ, you can devote some city space and do a ton of them. Building up a small stash of goods you get from CF/RQs for each age will help you later. If this is of interest, get some more levels on your CF.

You’re going to want your fighting trio much higher than 10. And at some point an AO and TA might make sense (if you fight). As said, the HC is a good one to have (although like the TA expensive to level).

I’ve seen players who have made multi-age jumps in one day as Kranyar described - they have been playing a long time and know how to maximize city output in a new or younger city. They know which age/era they enjoyed with a previous city and aim for it (or skip over ones they disliked). It takes planning and resources but it’s done. If this city is your first and you haven’t been in those ages yet, why not spend some time in each to strengthen the city and see what they are all about. The hover tanks will still be there.:)

Pericles the Lion

Yeah, so? Just spend a week or two on a 1.9 thread building up bank. Doesn't take long to bank over 50k fp.
How do you build bank with a L80 ARC using a 1.9 thread? Sure, she can collect her city and convert the collection to bank by contributing to 1.9s at a 1:1 ROI but 50K FPs would be a stretch in a couple of months, let alone a week or two. EMA city with low level attack triad rules out a lot of GBG. Low level CF rules out much spinning of RQs. IMO, she should take it low and slow while building strength.

Kranyar the Mysterious

How do you build bank with a L80 ARC using a 1.9 thread? Sure, she can collect her city and convert the collection to bank by contributing to 1.9s at a 1:1 ROI but 50K FPs would be a stretch in a couple of months, let alone a week or two. EMA city with low level attack triad rules out a lot of GBG. Low level CF rules out much spinning of RQs. IMO, she should take it low and slow while building strength.

I'm pulling in about 800 in GBG right now daily in my newest Iron Age world, much more on my main. Seems doable to me if one concentrates on it. Maybe not easy, but doable.

Pericles the Lion

I'm pulling in about 800 in GBG right now daily in my newest Iron Age world, much more on my main. Seems doable to me if one concentrates on it. Maybe not easy, but doable.
What's your A/D%? Unless the OP is in a top GBG-centric guild and can fight 470 battles at near zero attrition, 800/day is not achievable with a L10 Triad and L20 Traz.

Just An Observer

EMA when played in GBG as an Iron Giant style (artillery is the main unit) will pile up the Fights. I did very well with the A/D being in the 350's and no AO. If the OP wants to be a GBG powerhouse, then staying in EMA can work out well. Pile up goods in later eras so a multi-era jump can be done in order to make the best use of the RENO's and One-ups.

DevaCat

I don’t doubt @Kranyar the Mysterious can achieve what he says he’s doing. He is an experienced player. I just have concerns about blithely suggesting an Arc80 and a 1.9 thread can somehow make it possible for anyone to do the same. Yes, possible but not likely except under ideal conditions, given the gb list and levels which were reported. I think there is a somewhat sloppy insistence (my opinion) on getting an Arc to 80 as some panacea, without regards as to whether the city is ready for one in terms of fp production necessary to make that Arc useful. To get one too early retards city growth rather than improving it, imo. I’m not saying Grace falls into that situation, and kudos to her for getting her Arc to 80 - that’s an accomplishment to be proud of. I just think it’s important to let newer players know - yeah, it’s not quite that easy.

Gypsy Grace

Beats me why anyone would want to skip almost half the game. Some of the ages between EMA and FE are really fun. You're missing out if you do this. But go on, race on up there. :rolleyes:

Would taking six to eight months be 'racing' there? How long would you suggest spending in each age?

I'm really not in any big rush to be FE, or any particular age. But I am growing bored of the game...and weary of not having enough land for another GB or special event building. It's taken the fun out of this event - why bother? I don't have any room to place anything anyway.

I know that land will always be a bit scarce and strategic building acquisition/placement is a big part of the game. I can't do anything to improve my city other than level up my existing buildings. ***yawn*** Or maybe you have thoughts on that?

Kranyar the Mysterious

Would taking six to eight months be 'racing' there? How long would you suggest spending in each age?

I'm really not in any big rush to be FE, or any particular age. But I am growing bored of the game...and weary of not having enough land for another GB or special event building. It's taken the fun out of this event - why bother? I don't have any room to place anything anyway.

I know that land will always be a bit scarce and strategic building acquisition/placement is a big part of the game. I can't do anything to improve my city other than level up my existing buildings. ***yawn*** Or maybe you have thoughts on that?
Don't race there. Johnny is right about there being good ages in between. I was really only trying to say that it can be done, not that it necessarily should. I did it for the challenge and because I had done those ages in another city previously.

@MJ Artisan of War 's tip is the proper one for aging up normally. If you find you don't like an era, then that's a good one to quickly jump out of, then rebuild your strength in the next one.