• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Archaeology 2022 Feedback

Pericles the Lion

1200 scrolls, 2 daily specials. Combine this with the event building being AD fodder and the imbalance of tools needed (brushes anyone?), make this event easily the worst in the last couple of years. How this dumpster fire made it through BETA is beyond me.

Last year's archaeology event was great; I got two fully leveled Ferris wheels out of it, and they were a big boost to my then-brand-new city. This year? Not so much.
If you compare the 2021 Archeology Event with this year's, you'll see that the mechanics didn't change from what I can see. The grand prize is, of course, different (set this year, single building last). The Butterfly Gardens can be set up much like the Harvest Farm for a decent amount of attack bonus. 60% attack on 54 tiles with 11 pieces. Not as good as Harvest Farm but not bad.

RaymondCityCR

The daily gem dropping seems to vary a lot. I had to spend 3 sets of tools to get the first 2 gems, but I got the rest of the gems with only 3/2 sets of tools. Definitely a roller coaster of emotions. It worked out fine for me, but maybe others won't get lucky.

Snek

This event is full of A/D fodder. The house is a useless event building, and the harvest fields are superior to the sanctuary fields. The daily calendar is the only thing worth it.

CDmark

Rush quest #30 has two options. Gain control over a providence or solve 12 encounters in GE. Why would a rush quest include an option that is undoable? GE does not open until Tuesday. Am I reading something wrong?
Since I really do not want to open another providence, (I am already through my current age and well into the next), I won't be able to complete quest 30 until Tuesday.
Not complaining, just trying to understand why there would be an option on a quest available on Monday that you can't do until Tuesday. Any thoughts?
I was able to get thru the previous 29 quests before GE ended. So, "solve 12 GE" got auto completed bcs I had GE done. I dont recall seeing an early Mon start time, interesting choice esp with quest 30. I don't think waiting for GE to start Tue morning to continue quests is a big problem for the event.

cathea

I have gotten the message the golden idol has been added to your inventory 2 times in as many days, is this just a lag problem and then the idol shows up in the top record of total items dug up?

Ironrooster

My goal in this event is to get as many garden selections as possible and use these to boost my A/D, with 6, I can do a 6x5 arrangement for 20 attack and 24 defense for attacking armies. Plus some coin and supply boosts I don't really care about.

mellofax

FOE Team
Co-Community Manager
Lets try and stay on point with feedback rather than strategy tips peeps. You can post that elsewhere.

Kranyar the Mysterious

Question for the developers... why don't we have butterflies flying around in our cities during this event? The event this year is centered around butterflies, and we get bats and parrots during Halloween and Summer respectively. Doesn't seem like it would have been a large task to implement, since the base code already exists.

Xenosaur

I read with interest all the comments. Here's mine.

I'm am so in awe of the probability coding for what tablets I get. Seriously - this entire event needs players to get 8 unique tablets. I have played this in earnest since it started, and will achieve the event super-prize without incident.

Yet, I am ONLY able to find Tablets 1 - 4, continuously. No 5, No 6, No 7, No 8. Period. Today, you permitted me to find 1 tablet 7. Whippee!!

This is seriously unconscionable. For the distribution algorithm to chronically give me ONLY tablets 1/2/3/4 for weeks is really bizarre. If you're using the same code as GB blueprint distributions, you should consider softening the harsh treatment that imposes on players.

Until today, with less than 1 week left in the event, 50% achievement on getting all the tablets isn't my idea of fun.

spartacus2.0

I read with interest all the comments. Here's mine.

I'm am so in awe of the probability coding for what tablets I get. Seriously - this entire event needs players to get 8 unique tablets. I have played this in earnest since it started, and will achieve the event super-prize without incident.

Yet, I am ONLY able to find Tablets 1 - 4, continuously. No 5, No 6, No 7, No 8. Period. Today, you permitted me to find 1 tablet 7. Whippee!!

This is seriously unconscionable. For the distribution algorithm to chronically give me ONLY tablets 1/2/3/4 for weeks is really bizarre. If you're using the same code as GB blueprint distributions, you should consider softening the harsh treatment that imposes on players.

Until today, with less than 1 week left in the event, 50% achievement on getting all the tablets isn't my idea of fun.
Your luck is just bad...

Or you didn't complete enough quests and got enough scrolls

Snek

I have completed all of the clay tablets except for the common clay tablet 2. Just do all the quests and you will be fine, unless you have very bad luck.

Xenosaur

As I mentioned, I have no problem winning the event prize... the flight plan for that is locked in for all the upgrades (including the last one when the event quest line completes...). I enjoy other aspects of the event, but found it extremely disconcerting that I should have a 50% MISS on tablets.

I'm just providing feedback to adjust the math a bit - even if I'm a tablet outlier data point.