• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Daily challenges and other time sinks

Skag

Seems that this game is headed to the dust bin. Inno is consistently fractionating awards / rewards, making quests and challenges have more steps. Even the time required for negotiations in GbG has increased. Who wants a 6-step "daily challenge" that results in getting a 5-minute supply rush reward, or a GbG negotiation that costs 50 goods and rewards 1-fraction of an elephant fountain that they will never build? Inno's new "game experience"; each day requires more and more time spent in the game, but less and less being accomplished. Enjoyment has turned to tedium. Time to leave.

Sharmon the Impaler

The 60 tavern visits on one daily challenge combined with 4500 silver collected was my last straw and I sold all my event building kits and stopped playing the event. You may think that we are just a bunch of half wits that will take whatever junk you scrape off your development floor but I think you will find that this time you went too far. My guild alone lost 6 people in this event that just gave up. I am now in a solo guild because GbG is not fun anymore.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

To Sharmon: Guilds are the most interesting thing about Foe ! Every Guild is unique and interesting..(at least the big ones !) I could not imagine being in a solo Guld. I'll take one with +60 active Players or better any day.
GbG has always been hard to negotiate excpet at zero attrition. I have no idea how some players only negotiate. I fight, anyone with any sense fights in GbG.
Then, if you have a good Traz, th fighting is free. any winnings no matter how small are a plus. if Negotiating, I can see how it gets to be a negative grind. Solution: Fight!

KingJMobile

Agreed, even with the new daily challenge update, it's very disappointing that it doesn't even match today's required standards for a reasonable reward for a challenge. The tavern thing should definitely be changed, and the goods rewards also, especially as I find it stupid that you spend more goods solving a moderate negotiation than the reward itself. But despite the Daily Challenge, there are always more things to enjoy in FoE.

Sharmon the Impaler

To Sharmon: Guilds are the most interesting thing about Foe ! Every Guild is unique and interesting..(at least the big ones !) I could not imagine being in a solo Guld. I'll take one with +60 active Players or better any day.
GbG has always been hard to negotiate excpet at zero attrition. I have no idea how some players only negotiate. I fight, anyone with any sense fights in GbG.
Then, if you have a good Traz, th fighting is free. any winnings no matter how small are a plus. if Negotiating, I can see how it gets to be a negative grind. Solution: Fight!
I don’t negotiate unless it’s a quest for an event , the daily negotiations don’t get done at all. I have about 1/4 million fights in so far and my Traz is well over 100 with about 50 extra units coming from other buildings and about 50 from GE and 250 coming from GbG per season. I totally agree with you , fighting is the only thing that makes sense. I just left my guild this morning after over a year in them and will be returning.

mineseA

I only negotiate at zero attrition because it spares the most materials. Fighting is definitely a good choice, but sadly my Traz is only level 10. :(

Flynn013

To everybody complaining about different parts of the game, if something is not worth your time or the reward given simply don't play that part or day or event or whatever. Almost nothing in this game is required to participate in unless you want to.
I have left lots of daily challenges unfulfilled because I didn't want spend what it took to complete and just wait for the next one.

spartacus2.0

I only negotiate at zero attrition because it spares the most materials. Fighting is definitely a good choice, but sadly my Traz is only level 10. :(
How small is your attack bonus?
If you got at least 100/100 most GbG fights wont result in a single casualty which saves even more

Just An Observer

When my Friends list (which is well curated) went to 120, I saw the Tavern visit requirement number go up. 119 is now my limit for Friends. Has anyone else noticed at which number of Friends they see the tavern visit number change?

Sharmon the Impaler

I will be sure to get a screen shot the next time 60 tavern visits comes up. I am at 139 friends and in SAJM and it came up for the first time this event. 45 is a lot more common.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I see those large numbers in my Daily Challenges too. Just figured the requirement given is a % of how many friends you have. Keep up with your friends list by dumping inactive players, and you won't have any issue with that challenge no matter how many are required.

spartacus2.0

I see those large numbers in my Daily Challenges too. Just figured the requirement given is a % of how many friends you have. Keep up with your friends list by dumping inactive players, and you won't have any issue with that challenge no matter how many are required.
That inspired me to clear about half of the "friends" I made since Bronze age but were inactive for over a year