• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Submitted Automatic Exit From Upgrade Mode When All Bldgs Have Been Upgraded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graviton

IDEA
When using an upgrade kit for a specific building (SOs, SoKs, RFs, etc.), the screen enters "upgrade mode" and we are able to upgrade multiple buildings without having to go back into inventory to select another upgrade kit. This is great. If you select an upgrade kit and you have no buildings eligible to upgrade, a popup appears telling you that, and the game doesn't enter upgrade mode. This is also great. But when you have more upgrade kits than you have buildings to upgrade, and you've upgraded the last one, the game stays in upgrade mode and you must click "Cancel Action" to exit. This suggestion is to automatically exit upgrade mode when there are no more buildings to upgrade.

WHY IS THIS NECESSARY?
Staying in upgrade mode can lead one to believe that there are more buildings to upgrade when there aren't. Time can be wasted looking for them.

HOW WILL IT WORK?
When you have upgraded all the buildings you can with the upgrade kit you've selected, upgrade mode should end.

VISUAL AIDS
Upgrade mode

FoE Upgrade Mode.jpg

POTENTIAL ABUSE
I don't see anything about this that can be abused.

Ebeondi Asi

I am neither for nor against this idea .But I would say it is very odd that some multilevel Event buldings the upgrade mode stays and you can just keep upgrading that building until done.and others, you have to do one upgrade at a time and start all over.. Do one upgrade then go back into the storage and find it again, upgrade again, etc.So that should also be corrected when they do this?

Tony 85 the Generous

I am neither for nor against this idea .But I would say it is very odd that some multilevel Event buldings the upgrade mode stays and you can just keep upgrading that building until done.and others, you have to do one upgrade at a time and start all over.. Do one upgrade then go back into the storage and find it again, upgrade again, etc.So that should also be corrected when they do this?
The only time I note this happens is because the building changes size (such as the maypole. Do you have another example when the building does not change size and is placed backed into inventory after upgrading?

Sharmon the Impaler

I cancel the upgrades and then click the upgrade again to see if I got them all when I am not sure. Problem solved without the devs having to write a server choking routine to check each person’s city after every upgrade iteration.

Emberguard

would say it is very odd that some multilevel Event buldings the upgrade mode stays and you can just keep upgrading that building until done.and others, you have to do one upgrade at a time and start all over.. Do one upgrade then go back into the storage and find it again, upgrade again, etc.So that should also be corrected when they do this?
Usually that's for Selection Kits, not Upgrade Kits

I agree though. Selection Kits really need to have that functionality added to it

Graviton

This already happens on the mobile version of the game (tangent: why is the web browser and mobile so out of sync with functionality??)
Thanks for that clarification, I should've mentioned that I play on PC. It's good to know the functionality exists on mobile, so it must not entail any kind of drain on server performance, and hopefully it also means it will be easy to do on the browser version.

Lord Corwin

I cancel the upgrades and then click the upgrade again to see if I got them all when I am not sure. Problem solved without the devs having to write a server choking routine to check each person’s city after every upgrade iteration.
I don't think we should consider infrastructure requirements when proposing usability and functional improvements. We don't have the knowledge with which to make a judgment. As a player you're probably making multiple server calls per minute. Does this add one? Sure. But is it burdensome or excessive? I'm sure Inno engineers with the data would consider that in their normal review of such suggestions, but I don't think there's any reason for us to assume it would be.

mellofax

FOE Team
Co-Community Manager
Congratulations, this idea has gained enough support to be submitted. We are now locking it from further comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.