• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Submitted One Down Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pericles the Lion

How exactly can a full guild manage their membership for the treasury?

Tell their members not to advance ages?
Actually, members advancing ages usually tends to alleviate a treasury problem. What many GBG-centric guilds do is restrict membership to higher age players, often CA or Indy and above, that typically have high level ARCs as well as other guild goods producing buildings. With no IA-LMA members there's no need for goods from those eras.

This is something that's been discussed my guild before and the general consensus seemed to be have a one-down kit would a good thing.

The idea that this would somehow be abused for the sake of guild treasuries is amusing to me. Perhaps for mid-level or bottom-feeder guilds this might be an issue but top level guilds already have their treasuries stacked from top to bottom. A one-down kit would have have all the impact of an extra drop of water tossed into the ocean. I mean, do you really think that a one-down kit is going to have a bigger impact than the 4th guild goods GB that Inno just gave us?

And so what if it helps someone who aged up buildings earlier and then regretted aging up buildings too quickly? There are plenty of newbies who don't get the finer points of aging up early on. "No one-down for you, you should have known better!"

I expect that the best use of these is for guild goods - like sleigh builders and other goods producers ... best imagined use is filling the treasury from an Age where it's running lower than expected. Of course special military bldgs (like champs) are alternative uses but it would be awesome to run goods of the Ages needed RIGHT NOW and change the Age when needed
I think it's a GOOD IDEA for high activity guilds!

UBERhelp1

I voted no. And here's why.

First, this game is about moving forwards. It's about planning for what you think you might need in the future. It's not about moving backwards to fix your past mistakes. Second, I believe that the solution to previous eras' goods should come from new features, not aging down a building. Look at the Stage of Ages, Star Gazer, etc. If you need anything lower than the previous eras' goods, then there's trading, guild management, and planning. It begs the question of why we don't have an age down button for everything. Just move to a previous era where it's easy to fight. It reduces the need to plan your city so that you produce the goods you need. Oh, you need some of *insert age goods*? Just age down your buildings!

Third, and my main problem, is that in reality I couldn't see myself using it. It would be like there being an un-upgrade kit for buildings. Are there rare edge cases I might want to do this for? Maybe. But would it be something that if I didn't have it, it would be a big deal? No.

Graviton

My biggest problem with this suggestion: you can already build goods buildings from any previous age at any time and get whatever lower-era goods you want. There's also a market. It's not as if these goods are impossible, or even difficult, to procure without a one-down kit.

DreadfulCadillac

My biggest problem with this suggestion: you can already build goods buildings from any previous age at any time and get whatever lower-era goods you want. There's also a market. It's not as if these goods are impossible, or even difficult, to procure without a one-down kit.
This might be niche, but I've always wanted one-down kits so I can have a champion retreat from every era in my inventory lol

Graviton

This might be niche, but I've always wanted one-down kits so I can have a champion retreat from every era in my inventory lol

I did consider that, I originally typed something about that being the only legitimate use for a one-down kit but "legitimate" sounded too judgy so I just deleted it. But yes, I agree, apart from lower-era goods a CR is the only reason I can see for wanting one.

Johnny B. Goode

At one point I thought that would be nice, too. But then I realized that I would never, ever use most of them (CE being the only exception), so I sold them all at the Antiques Dealer. CE Champions are the only ones worth using because they seem to be the only ones that are harder to kill than regular units. Makes them better in defense than Hovers, ironically.

DevaCat

I am voting no. I am perfectly fine with there being a penalty to those who could not be bothered to join the Forum, do some research, and plan for their future play. I am fine with those who have done those things having an advantage (real or perceived) in the game over those who have not. It is after all a strategy game, yes?

I think lower age goods is a non-issue. This is and always has been on the wish list of gvg players. (Research Champ exploit etc). I have been a mobile player my entire time in the game, but made sure to obtain enough CRs in each of my cities to be able to cover every age/era - should I ever go PC and want to play gvg. That was my strategic decision. Why reward poor strategy?

Frankly, I would think that implementation of this function could be more easily accomplished by modifying the renovation kit to allow modification of a building's level to any level of the player's current level or below (min Iron Age). I do not see the need for a separate kit.

PJS299

This is a great idea and I would love to see it in the game. It could help the guild, or even you if you need goods from lower ages.

Xenosaur

Although I don't currently need this, I'm always glad to have new tools in my game "toolbox". I will vote yes.

There are applications for this, though.

Savvy players know how to create GOODS LADDERS (good created in multiple succesive eras...) in FOE (analogous to the finance/investment world: Bond Ladders which are used to hedge interest rate fluctuations and maintain current income).

This "1 down kit" can help players interested in doing this. This will create a range of deliverable goods or era related rewards by down kitting a certain portion of their generating structures, to better balance their gaming needs. After all, Inno actually created a GB to do this, so why not extend the individual power for a point solution, as well.

For this reason, and if it's not too engineering intensive to create, I would say the game could benefit from it for those that want to create a solution to a specific set of tactical or strategic city problems.

Lord Corwin

I'm not in favour of this as I think it creates complexity that only benefits sophisticated and dedicated players (which also likely describes those who vote in forums) and not the general user. Perhaps if it were to appear only very rarely and once the player has reached the most advanced ages. Or if it were worth a lot of gemstones when bartered in the Antiques Dealer, because I can always use more of those.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

How exactly can a full guild manage their membership for the treasury?

Tell their members not to advance ages?
In Guilds that have manged ages, some were wanting Guildies to move up from certain Ages that had only one or two members in that Age to the next age with many members in it. (they offered incentives, free FPs, free goods and it worked out very well)
Some Guilds just state they do not want anyone below xxx Era.
And other want everyone to age up as fast as reasonably possible.
In one Guild i was asked to move up off Future even though I wanted to park there for awhile and glad I did move up. Now in Venus and way happier with my city and game.

oldsparky

I think, this is a great idea. I was searching for it, in the forum - and I would have made a suggestion like this, as well.
We are a smaller, more relaxed guild with no requirements. Asking players to advance or stay in their era, is not our thing.
Most of our members are newbies - some are very active, others are not, at all.
Our leadership is willing, to donate more goods for GE and GBG. Trading down is a challenge, at times. I am offering big bonuses on trades, very often - and still don't get what I need for the treasury.
So : If I would be able to drop down some of my SOH by an age or two, that would be awesome.
Therefore I voted "yes"

Bhariti

I really like this idea. Before I had played enough or joined a well-established guild, I raced through ages paying no attention to my goods inventory. Small guilds, especially those with newer players, often find themselves short of goods for GE or GBG and so they ask for donations. But people like me, who rushed before they knew better, can’t help out. Being able to take a building that supplies goods to guild back a few eras could really help. And I can’t see what the downside is.

Leen LaCroix

It is relatively easy to have different levels of SOH's and Great Elephants in your city to help with treasury goods for different eras,
Acutally it isn't - when you are playing for a long time now and where already in one of the higher Ages when those buildings where intruduced. ;)
(And yes, i remember a time when FE was the highest Age, there was no Friends Tavern and no GE lvl 4 just to name a few). I'd be happy if we finally would get an One down kit. And i'd be fine with it if it would be very rare.

Xenosaur

Just to be clear - Devs have to think about what happens when you STORE a building back to inventory that has been "down kitted". I suspect the action of storing a modified (down kitted) building reverts it back to it's original era again, when it returns to inventory.

If you put it back in your city and want it "as it just was", you'll have to down kit it again to get it there.

For example, returning a ROGUE DEN/HIDEOUT to inventory storage closes the diamond opened training slots. If you return it back to your city, you'll have to pay (possibly a LOT MORE...) to open them - especially if you're now in a higher era from when you did it originally.

Also, a down kit can be applied multiple times, to the same building. If you down kit a BASE FE building twice, it becomes Contemporary generation of goods/FP, etc.

RazorbackPirate

Just to be clear - Devs have to think about what happens when you STORE a building back to inventory that has been "down kitted". I suspect the action of storing a modified (down kitted) building reverts it back to it's original age again, when it returns to inventory.
Why would this be the case? Does a building stored after a One-Up kit has been applied revert to the age of origin? It does not. Why would you want or expect it to strip the building of any One-Down kits applied?

Status
Not open for further replies.