• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Change Log 1.29 - Feedback

DeletedUser

I'm trying to figure out how to unlock the next level on our "uncapped" great buildings?

DeletedUser7028

Either I am missing something or something is missing from the update. Says version 1.29.....Halls have been nerfed....GB's show points needed for next level....say unlocked....but no way to unlock it....and no vouchers....

DeletedUser3747

I still can't access the GB I already have (from the Inventory) so I can view the extra Bps I have and open more levels to donate to.
And no Vouchers.

DeletedUser

I still can't access the GB I already have (from the Inventory) so I can view the extra Bps I have and open more levels to donate to.
And no Vouchers.

Same here. It's as though there was no update on mine. I have all 3 attack GBs in 3 worlds and can't find the vouchers anywhere. I can see that I have an entire set of extra BP's for Zeus in 2 cities, but there doesn't seem to be a way to access them or to "unlock" another level on my Level 10 Zeus. Kinda frustrating really. :(

Same here. It's as though there was no update on mine. I have all 3 attack GBs in 3 worlds and can't find the vouchers anywhere. I can see that I have an entire set of extra BP's for Zeus in 2 cities, but there doesn't seem to be a way to access them or to "unlock" another level on my Level 10 Zeus. Kinda frustrating really. :(

the great building level cap will come after the ipad update. ipad update is now done, so expect the gb change sometime in the next 365 days

DeletedUser

the great building level cap will come after the ipad update. ipad update is now done, so expect the gb change sometime in the next 365 days

Say what? Was this said in jest or do we just have a failure to communicate?

DeletedUser3687

When you hover over it now, the Observatory states you will receive one of each goods no matter what level you have of this GB, but it actually gives you the correct number when you reap.

DeletedUser9640

So just to check, they put out a update to overhaul the Gbs and didn't actually change the Gbs yet, but will "as soon as possible"
So we got some minor cosmetic changes, A nerf to Halls, Kick to the bronze farmers and exactly NOTHING positive as was promised, Yah that's great INNO keep up the good work

DeletedUser10076

I think its being delayed because of the ipad.

Which begs the question.

Is FOE a pc game with a ipad version, or an ipad game with a pc version?

DeletedUser10266

I think its being delayed because of the ipad.

Which begs the question.

Is FOE a pc game with a ipad version, or an ipad game with a pc version?

The answer just depends on how you look at it really. Either way both need to be updated simultaneously so both continue to function. Imagine the issues you would have if you had a lvl 11 CDM on PC which iPad couldn't support. I get the delay but it's just poor planning by inno.

DeletedUser

I don't really like this update. Reason is instead of the progression of 3% per level in Zeus/Aachen/CDM, you only get 1% per level.
You can see all the level 11 of current GBs here:
http://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/showthread.php?9119-Great-Buildings-Encyclopedia

This update is horrible. This update has made me deeply disappointed in FoE. :mad::(:mad:

Three main reasons:

a) The original military bonuses were 5% per level. When FoE nerfed them to 3%, they said "it's ok, we'll let you keep leveling them up to make up for the big decrease and give you a voucher for each military GB so you won't be as negatively affected." If you had a lvl 10 Zeus, CoA, and CdM, then you had a +150% military bonus pre-nerf. Post-nerf that bonus became +90%. Now, with the voucher, each GB would gain a measly 1% bringing the military bonus to +93%.

That is a massive loss in military bonus %.

b) For players who love FP producing GBs, levels 11 and above seem worthless. Neither Hagia or CdM receive an increase in FP production. Booooo!

c) I have a city on Brisgard in the Bronze Age with GBs from LMA, HMA, EMA, and Iron. I think it is fun to build GBs while staying in the Bronze Age. My goal is to build every GB eventually without leaving the Bronze.

Because of this update, I will have to level up to the Iron Age. I will not be able to play the game like I really want to.

DeletedUser10266

This update is horrible. This update has made me deeply disappointed in FoE. :mad::(:mad:

Three main reasons:

a) The original military bonuses were 5% per level. When FoE nerfed them to 3%, they said "it's ok, we'll let you keep leveling them up to make up for the big decrease and give you a voucher for each military GB so you won't be as negatively affected." If you had a lvl 10 Zeus, CoA, and CdM, then you had a +150% military bonus pre-nerf. Post-nerf that bonus became +90%. Now, with the voucher, each GB would gain a measly 1% bringing the military bonus to +93%.

That is a massive loss in military bonus %.

b) For players who love FP producing GBs, levels 11 and above seem worthless. Neither Hagia or CdM receive an increase in FP production. Booooo!

c) I have a city on Brisgard in the Bronze Age with GBs from LMA, HMA, EMA, and Iron. I think it is fun to build GBs while staying in the Bronze Age. My goal is to build every GB eventually without leaving the Bronze.

Because of this update, I will have to level up to the Iron Age. I will not be able to play the game like I really want to.

Hagia sophia and CdM do get fp increases after 10 it is at every second level. So level 12 gives you another fp and so forth. And considering you can in theory infinitely increase gbs giving the 3% per level like lvls 1-10 would eventually cause the attack bonuses to far exceed 150%. Yes it takes time but considering people who are tech locked or complete the tech tree have nothing else with fps but donate them, it is not unreasonable to assume people will be leveling gbs above 10 fairly quickly.

DeletedUser11220

What is amazing to me is the complete lack of comments from the Inno Staff..... Nothing, Nada, Zilch, Zip

DeletedUser4074

Say what? Was this said in jest or do we just have a failure to communicate?

The iPad app still has to be approved by Apple, which can take a sadly variable amount of time. It is unlikely to be 365 days, but a worst-case scenario could see it sit on Apple's desk for 10 days.

DeletedUser11220

So the Tail that is apple is wagging the dog here.... great!

DeletedUser

Well, they've updated something. I keep getting the message "Your great building has reached the maximum level" when I try to add FP to buildings, no matter what level they're at. So apparently whatever changes they made they BROKE IT. Surprise surprise; welcome to FoE. *LOL*

Poor devs..

- - - Updated - - -

Well, they've updated something. I keep getting the message "Your great building has reached the maximum level" when I try to add FP to buildings, no matter what level they're at. So apparently whatever changes they made they BROKE IT. Surprise surprise; welcome to FoE. *LOL*

Poor devs..

DeletedUser

I may not be like other players. I like having Great Buildings and supporting other players Great Buildings. I am in HMA and you will now be forcing me to go into a higher age, which I am not interested in doing at this time. Most, if not all, of my Forge Points go into these Great Buildings of other players. Because I will not have the "architecture" to support other players Great Buildings, my forge points will be lost unless I go further in Age.

A player should be allowed to play the game, as it was produced. With the change to my ability to contribute to other players Great Buildings, what is the use of me having a friends list? What is the use of me having lower level guild members if they are not the proper age to support my Great Buildings? I do not use Forge Points on MY OWN Great Buildings. If I did, I feel it would not be worth having this game as a multi player game.

You are taking away my ability to play the game the way I want, as long as it is within the rules.

Pockets

I'm in complete agreement with Pokkets! :)

This type of adjustment is not productive to the game, rather quite the opposite, for many players who are in the Bronze Age have Great Buildings and now they will not get as many forge point contributions as prior to this adjustment...thus lessening productivity of gameplay. I have no current intention on reaching the Iron Age anytime soon. And if researching 'Architecture' will cause my Tribal Village to reach the Iron Age, I simply won't engage in Great Buildings anymore. Not until I feel suitable for reaching the Iron Age; which is far from now. However, I am more concerned with other players reaction to this unnecessary and imprudent change. I don't think this modification is very welcoming to many other Bronze Age players as well.
:(

Furthermore, I also agree with Walrusking001 comment. I am not completely sold that turning in a Blue Print set, then buying Forge Points to Level up Great Buildings is the way to go either. I agree that locking the ability to purchase Blue Prints after you've built a Great Building, then trading in a set of those excess Blue Prints for a Leveling Up Voucher would've been a more productive idea.
;)

Your consideration of players/customers suggestions is of high gratitude!
~ Tribal Chief Kamali ^_^ ♥

DeletedUser10266

I'm in complete agreement with Pokkets! :)

This type of adjustment is not productive to the game, rather quite the opposite, for many players who are in the Bronze Age have Great Buildings and now they will not get as many forge point contributions as prior to this adjustment...thus lessening productivity of gameplay. I have no current intention on reaching the Iron Age anytime soon. And if researching 'Architecture' will cause my Tribal Village to reach the Iron Age, I simply won't engage in Great Buildings anymore. Not until I feel suitable for reaching the Iron Age; which is far from now. However, I am more concerned with other players reaction to this unnecessary and imprudent change. I don't think this modification is very welcoming to many other Bronze Age players as well.
:(

Furthermore, I also agree with Walrusking001 comment. I am not completely sold that turning in a Blue Print set, then buying Forge Points to Level up Great Buildings is the way to go either. I agree that locking the ability to purchase Blue Prints after you've built a Great Building, then trading in a set of those excess Blue Prints for a Leveling Up Voucher would've been a more productive idea.
;)

Your consideration of players/customers suggestions is of high gratitude!
~ Tribal Chief Kamali ^_^ ♥

The implementation of needing to be in iron age isn't meant to punish legitimate players but to discourage dummy/boosting accounts. So in reality you shouldn't blame inno for that one but people who abuse the system and break the rules. I dont personally agree with the change but completely understand why they would implement it. Its the same reason they don't allow multiple account houses to donate to gbs at all. It provides a very unfair advantage to some people.

DeletedUser

First I want to say I agree with Bruic, a lot of the changes that Inno has done in the past and including the current changes have been made as a way to deal with players who break the rules, and abuse the system. So as Bruic said, you should all be blaming THOSE players. Next I want to say, I saw so many of you complaining about the changes being made, the low % increase or how you will be putting in to many FPs for levels beyond 10 for the GBs or etc... but at least Inno IS MAKING these changes... At least NOW you CAN get your GB past level 10. I have been in many games where they don't invest or bother advancing the game or making changes at all. Those games didn't give a crap about keeping current players, or long term players happy, they only cared about sitting back, being lazy, and waiting for NEW players who hadn't outgrown the current game levels to join and put new money into it.

I also VERY rarely read anywhere that anyone says THANK YOU... no I am not kissing , I am serious... some people want to complain about honestly, what I think are stupid things to complain about, but no one wants to actually THANK Inno for the hard work they have done and are doing. I have been playing games for way too many years LOL, but I have been in some that I have loved AND hated... loved cuz they were great ideas, but HATED because the people who ran them just didn't care or give a crap. I have played games where you HAD to spend real money in order to really be able to get anywhere... at least in this game you CAN advance and play without issues and NOT have to spend a penny. I have played games where there were soo many glitches and bugs you were spending more time dealing with them then actually playing... and here, yes there are some minor ones but they don't last long. Oh and what I think is the best thing about this game, is that WHEN you do have an issue, you lose money, your game is not working or etc... and you actually submit a ticket about it, they DO CARE and they DO reply and things are usually resolved rather quickly, but I have played games where it would take weeks to get a reply from the staff and MAYBE if you were really lucky your issue would get resolved. Hell I played a game last year where you ONLY had access to "support" IF you were a premium player, meaning you PAID real money to have access to them... so if you did not pay for it, you did not get it, which means NONE of the issues you had ever got fixed.

Ok I am done... yeah I ranted... it is just some of you don't know how luck you are to be in a great game like this with staff that actually CARES and IS trying to make it better in the ways that they can.