• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.40 - Feedback

DeletedUser2145

That's not the aid button. :p Please be patient as the devs manually activate the features in each world.

lemonwedgie

It says aid ! LOL ;) http://prntscr.com/5cfjsd

Ok ... promise I shall be patient .... I shall go and playfully annoy my guildies, cuz I can :D

- - - Updated - - -

*raises hand* .... sorry I have something else to say. So, got my treasure hunt button ... all I do is click at different intervals to be rewarded with not much .... am I missing something? I had my pirate patch ready and everything! Wanted to do a treasure hunt!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I suppose the 8hr one isn't bad ... and seeing as I spend my life here .... HA!

DeletedUser10881

I LUV the grayed out "Visit" button in the Event History... what a time saver *grin*

DeletedUser9393

re: Treasure Hunt - what are the ranges of the random prizes ?

DeletedUser2145

Ranges as in what types of prizes you can receive? Just hover over the chest and you'll see the type of prizes you can win and the chances for winning the same.

If you mean ranges as in the amount, it depends on your age and there's no complete list for all ages that I could paste here.

allupinya

From what I've seen so far, the Aid gives still gives you a choice when visiting their city. This new item was created for 2 types of people: Those with little time, and the lazy ones. I M/P over 100 peeps daily, and while it is somewhat time-consuming, I'd like to believe that I am helping my teammates and friends as much as possible by choosing the action/building that helps them the most. I think it's pretty much a fact of life that you will rarely get back the M/P that you put in, but if you can look past that and try to set up your city so you need as little help as possible, it can still be fun.

I do disagree with the Hardware Acceleration being turned on permanently. The first thing I noticed when I logged in this morning is that the smoothness is gone, I had to keep clicking on items more than once to collect, and everything has slowed to a crawl. This would make GvG and PvP battles absolutely miserable, because each screen you open in progression slows the game even further. I know this because I have tried to play with and without Hardware Acceleration.

Last edited:

DeletedUser10517

Oh for goodness sake....is that annoying Green Tick going to be stuck at the side of my screen the whole time I am playing now?

As soon as 5 minutes is up, up pops the Green tick...and if youre waiting for the 8 hour prize, does that mean 8 hours having that sat there?

What is even the point of the Treasure Hunt?

DeletedUser11237

Oh for goodness sake....is that annoying Green Tick going to be stuck at the side of my screen the whole time I am playing now?

As soon as 5 minutes is up, up pops the Green tick...and if youre waiting for the 8 hour prize, does that mean 8 hours having that sat there?

What is even the point of the Treasure Hunt?

You have to collect the 5 minute prize, then wait 15 minutes and you can collect the 15 minute prize. Then wait an hour and you collect the 1 hour prize. Then wait 4 hours and collect the 4 hour prize etc etc.

DeletedUser10881

Hardware acceleration is VERY inconvenient on my old 'puter, guess I need to buy or maybe get a new one for Christmas .

DeletedUser

You have to collect the 5 minute prize, then wait 15 minutes and you can collect the 15 minute prize. Then wait an hour and you collect the 1 hour prize. Then wait 4 hours and collect the 4 hour prize etc etc.

But if you don't collect the prize it sits on the side with a green check mark on it. Even if you 'restart' and don't want to play it sits on the 5 min prize then eventually completes and sits there with the check mark. There needs to be a way to turn off the Treasure Hunt.

DeletedUser9393

Ranges as in what types of prizes you can receive? Just hover over the chest and you'll see the type of prizes you can win and the chances for winning the same.

If you mean ranges as in the amount, it depends on your age and there's no complete list for all ages that I could paste here.
Thanks. Now I See, was looking at only the first few, thought the amounts were a random range.

DeletedUser11237

after an hour, it will reset
Then it starts again, and after 5 minutes will be complete again
Dont you want free coins and resources?

DeletedUser4074

after an hour, it will reset
Then it starts again, and after 5 minutes will be complete again
Dont you want free coins and resources?

No. Or at least, not this way. The treasure hunt rewards a) doing nothing (not playing the game, just sitting there) b) by yourself c) in one world d) for people who can play at a particular tempo/set of times each day. This is the antithesis of what I think think the game should be trying to do. I want to see more interaction, more choices for play styles, more things to do; this fails on all counts. The treasure hunt needs to go.

DeletedUser3556

Given that the biggest complaint that people post on the forum is about the plunder of goods, I think the treasure hunt does a decent job of trying to get people used to collecting on time. The best rewards are for the 8hr & 2nd 4hr treasure chests and you can only reach them by collecting all of the previous chests on time before the 1hr timer resets you to a lower level of the chain. I think the rewards at the highest levels are good enough to entice people to collect on time without being overly strong where someone with time issues could say it puts them at a disadvantage comparative to their neighbors.

The only thing that I would change is a feature to hide or disable the quest for those that don't want to be bothered with it. Perhaps something that would reset weekly.

DeletedUser1862

Wait, so to collect the 8-hour, I have to have first collected the 5 and 15? Kinda dismisses the point of an 8-hour treasure hunt in the first place.

DeletedUser

Is there something wrong with Me or the Treasure Hunt.

All I ever get is the 5 Minute and 15 Minute chests. HOW do I progress past the 15 minute chest.

The following was post and answers my question. Did not see (understand) the 1 hour completion timer. (Will check again the notification of the Treasure Hunt - BUT - I do not remember reading that you had 1 hour to complete a task for the next leg.)

Given that the biggest complaint that people post on the forum is about the plunder of goods, I think the treasure hunt does a decent job of trying to get people used to collecting on time. The best rewards are for the 8hr & 2nd 4hr treasure chests and you can only reach them by collecting all of the previous chests on time before the 1hr timer resets you to a lower level of the chain. I think the rewards at the highest levels are good enough to entice people to collect on time without being overly strong where someone with time issues could say it puts them at a disadvantage comparative to their neighbors.

The only thing that I would change is a feature to hide or disable the quest for those that don't want to be bothered with it. Perhaps something that would reset weekly.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Wait, so to collect the 8-hour, I have to have first collected the 5 and 15? Kinda dismisses the point of an 8-hour treasure hunt in the first place.

You left out the 1hr and the 4 hour aaand..... wait for it... another 4HR.... all before you can get to the 8hr one.

- - - Updated - - -

Is there something wrong with Me or the Treasure Hunt.

All I ever get is the 5 Minute and 15 Minute chests. HOW do I progress past the 15 minute chest.

You have to collect the 15min before it expires and forces you to restart.

DeletedUser9732

Treasure Hunt - Easy free stuff? Sure, why not.

Aid - Not yet actually released, although the mod to the event log for grayed out visit buttons is nice.

Being able to see the countdown for individual troop heals in the barracks - Awesome!

DeletedUser9393

ETA on full planned "Aid" button capability ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

still no aid button that was promised ltr today shame on you foe bad false advertising