• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

EASTER EVENT 2015- Feedback

DeletedUser4770

Please give us your feedback and suggestions for the Easter Event 2015. We are interested in hearing your thoughts!!

INFORMATION ABOUT SPOILERS
Before an event starts

We allow event discussion to be held in a single thread, with any leakage being held in spoilers in that thread. (Please use the 'Spoiler' prefix) But we do not allow actual walkthroughs or solutions, only "bigger picture" general discussion, that sort of thing.

After an event starts
We do not spoil quests, rewards etc. from our end. However, we allow players to gather the information and post it themselves here on the forum. Information must be put in spoiler prefixes.

Thank you!
Your Forge of Empires Team

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10076

you needed to figure out a solution to the decos getting polished by AID BEFORE you launch an Easter event.

DeletedUser11609

you needed to figure out a solution to the decos getting polished by AID BEFORE you launch an Easter event.

+1
You had over 3 months to deal with this issue, instead we got birds flying over our city.....:blink:

DeletedUser9393

No where does it say an egg can not be placed in a polished decoration.
If in deed you can not place an egg in a polished decoration, the solution is simple.
You can plant a few stone age trees, sell and replant any that get polished.

DeletedUser8861

Actually I doubt you will need to worry about selling and replacing...as on beta I just added more decorations and I have plenty for people to drop eggs into.

Most people will aid much less during the Easter event so I highly doubt this will be an issue. (unless you are trying to get by with a very small number of decorations, in which case I advise you to add some)

DeletedUser15391

I'm curious if they are still offering all the same prizes from Beta or if they wised up and switched them around some. That "coming soon" prize list gives me hope we might see rouges.

DeletedUser9393

I was thinking maybe 6 trees additional to the decos I have.
(Replace one Victorian house.)

DeletedUser16911

What if you don't get nearly enough eggs to pay back everyone who eggs you from your neighborhood, guild, and friends list? It may sound silly, but this is something I'm genuinely concerned about, especially seeing as the Easter Event was the reason I built up a friends list in the first place (not being aware at the time that I could've just relied on my guild to egg me).
Now that I have friends, I fear I won't have enough eggs for my guild or neighbors, or even all of my friends themselves. :unsure: I'm so concerned about it that I'd planned to save eggs by just not egging anyone until they egg me first--but that's a good way to not get egged at all!

DeletedUser12240

What if you don't get nearly enough eggs to pay back everyone who eggs you from your neighborhood, guild, and friends list? It may sound silly, but this is something I'm genuinely concerned about, especially seeing as the Easter Event was the reason I built up a friends list in the first place (not being aware at the time that I could've just relied on my guild to egg me).
Now that I have friends, I fear I won't have enough eggs for my guild or neighbors, or even all of my friends themselves. :unsure: I'm so concerned about it that I'd planned to save eggs by just not egging anyone until they egg me first--but that's a good way to not get egged at all!

This question is pretty much the reason I came to post here. Know that an answer will help at least two concerned players. :3

DeletedUser11609

It will happen. Unless you win egg hiding packages, which is a pretty good bet in the chests. Most people will ask for trades, if they just drop it on you without discussion, it's not really your issue.
Last year, it was a constant effort to keep trades straight. This year, with Aid and the massive growth in friends lists, you'll probably be best off setting up egg groups of 10-12 people, then trading your additional eggs to your friends/guild members who are offering them. Very unlikely that you will be able to return all eggs if your hood drops them on you...but then, that's their choice.

DeletedUser15391

The answer is you just won't. I know that isn't very satisfying but that is how it is. You get 6 counter/timer for your eggs, much like FP, it fills up. So you can make sure to use them every couple of hours or so so it doesn't build up, but you would more than likely be required to get up in the middle of the night in order to take full advantage of all of your eggs.

A lot of guilds and players are making "swap lists". So basically, you egg me and I will egg you and most have 18 spots filled, some less if they think they will get less eggs. However, with direct swaps like this it leaves little for neighbors or friends or even other guildies. You can commit to x amount a day with friends and guildies and then use whatever is left to egg people back that have egged you. Of you can only egg people that egg you... or you can hide them and hope they get you back (least desirable).

You will also get hiding actions from quests and such too, so there will be some extra eggs to hide there.

tl;dr you won't be able to hide eggs in all of your guild, neighbors, or friends. Be selective.

DeletedUser10415

What if you don't get nearly enough eggs to pay back everyone who eggs you from your neighborhood, guild, and friends list?

You wont have enough eggs for Everyone. It's understood that guild get's priority, or should be, followed by friend's list and then neighbors, in that order. Anyone who can't understand that doesn't deserve any eggs anyway. Don't egg anyone who doesn't egg you back.

DeletedUser10388

I think the cons of this year are aid button causing out of decoration to hide eggs, the price of watchfire is really high, the drummer is not a really good unit for anyone from LMA+, there are no rogue hideout and too many Summer event prize in this year's Easter event. About eggs hiding, I suggest it should be possible to hide eggs in polished decoration or it should be impossible to polish decorations during the event. Since everyone got just 2 fierce resistance GBs the most, and up to 3 military boost GBs, and now in CE, we got strike team, many players have like 20 of it to make higher boost, it's not right to make the price of watchfire higher, just 50 eggs like previous years is enough, especially for new players, bring back rogue hideout, maybe in some chest, and make the drummer better, then this year's event would be perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10266

You can put 12 wfs in the same space as 1 strike team and get 48% defense vs 4% attack. So if anything wfs are to cheap. The drummer I agree is a bit disappointing. In general though, inno could not have events so I'm glad they have at least something different periodically to change it up.

DeletedUser10816

Like many others, I'm also seriously concerned about the polished decos. Right now, I get like 3 pages of event history saying "someone has aided you, but there was nothing to aid in your city". So now what, it turns out that I have to build at least 30 additional decos and hope that they don't get polished? I would need at least 2 expansions for that!!! That's absurd. Please allow eggs to be hidden also in polished decos, that would compensate a little the unsatisfactory rewards this year!

DeletedUser8152

Please allow eggs to be hidden also in polished decos, that would compensate a little the unsatisfactory rewards this year!
It's really not going to happen, we're just going to need to make it work. I like the idea of selling any decos that get polished and rebuilding them.

DeletedUser9184

Like many others, I'm also seriously concerned about the polished decos. Right now, I get like 3 pages of event history saying "someone has aided you, but there was nothing to aid in your city". So now what, it turns out that I have to build at least 30 additional decos and hope that they don't get polished? I would need at least 2 expansions for that!!! That's absurd. Please allow eggs to be hidden also in polished decos, that would compensate a little the unsatisfactory rewards this year!
More like 60 since aid only lasts for 12 hours and you can be aided once a day ;)

DeletedUser10816

It's really not going to happen, we're just going to need to make it work. I like the idea of selling any decos that get polished and rebuilding them.

I will surely delete and rebuild any polished decos once I log in, the thing is that I'm working 9 hours/day, so I can't play at that time. :-/

More like 60 since aid only lasts for 12 hours and you can be aided once a day ;)
Never thought about that... So even worse. At least 3 expansions unless I wanna sell some goods building :-(