• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

EASTER EVENT 2015- Feedback

DeletedUser6021

Those of you worried about not having enough decos because of the aid button, keep in mind that the aid feature focuses on Specials, current age buildings (supplies, coin, and happiness) then current age decos. If you simply place decos from 1 or 2 ages below your current age and collect regularly from your supply & coin buildings, there shouldn't be an issue. The aid feature will only polish the lower age decos if there is nothing else left for it to do...

DeletedUser9184

But the aid chooses motivate or polish first before going for the age of the buildings, so it doesn't matter how many residential or production buildings you have, unless they all get motivated in which building more houses and supplies (or collecting shorter intervals) will stop the aid from forcibly going to polish in that case.

To prevent your decorations from being polished, I would advise building small cultural buildings. For example, build lots of Metro Entrances (the 2x1 PE culture) and then any lower-age decoration since the aid feature would aim for the Metros first while egging won't.
I'm doing the opposite on Beta. I don't collect the eggs that have been placed on my CE and PME decorations, so my Music Festivals and Natural History Museums can get polished easily :) (Of course, I'll collect from them right before the event is over)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16161

But the aid chooses motivate or polish first before going for the age of the buildings, so it doesn't matter how many residential or production buildings you have, unless they all get motivated in which building more houses and supplies (or collecting shorter intervals) will stop the aid from forcibly going to polish in that case.

Yeah. It's especially bad for people who currently have their cities enthusiastic with no decorations or cultural buildings. I'll be losing about half of my normal motivations. I've mostly just accepted that and moved on. Doesn't change the fact that it sucks, though :p

DeletedUser10806

Forewarned is forearmed.
Sell a building or 3 that are unessential.
Put down 50 trees
sell any trees that are polished and replace.
sell them all at the end of the event
replace with original buildings or anything cool picked up in the event

Job done.

DeletedUser15391

Forewarned is forearmed.
Sell a building or 3 that are unessential.
Put down 50 trees
sell any trees that are polished and replace.
sell them all at the end of the event
replace with original buildings or anything cool picked up in the event

Job done.

Best advice.

DeletedUser16911

The answer is you just won't. I know that isn't very satisfying but that is how it is. You get 6 counter/timer for your eggs, much like FP, it fills up. So you can make sure to use them every couple of hours or so so it doesn't build up, but you would more than likely be required to get up in the middle of the night in order to take full advantage of all of your eggs.

A lot of guilds and players are making "swap lists". So basically, you egg me and I will egg you and most have 18 spots filled, some less if they think they will get less eggs. However, with direct swaps like this it leaves little for neighbors or friends or even other guildies. You can commit to x amount a day with friends and guildies and then use whatever is left to egg people back that have egged you. Of you can only egg people that egg you... or you can hide them and hope they get you back (least desirable).

You will also get hiding actions from quests and such too, so there will be some extra eggs to hide there.

tl;dr you won't be able to hide eggs in all of your guild, neighbors, or friends. Be selective.

Thank you for the detailed response and suggestions.

You wont have enough eggs for Everyone. It's understood that guild get's priority, or should be, followed by friend's list and then neighbors, in that order. Anyone who can't understand that doesn't deserve any eggs anyway. Don't egg anyone who doesn't egg you back.

Ah, see, since I had had in my signature to friend me for the Easter Event, I felt my friends list deserved priority (else I would have been falsely advertising aid I could not provide), and was going to give my guild second priority. Now I feel rather lousy. :( It was a guild e-mail that suggested we should bulk up our friends lists for the Easter Event, and only after I had done that did they start up the egg groups that would have had me covered in the first place...due to that e-mail I hadn't even known you could be egged by your guild, else I wouldn't have started seeking friends. *sigh*
Every time I think I have an approach figured out, it feels like the wrong one. :(
(Lest it sound like I'm slamming my own guild, I'm not, I just think there was a miscommunication regarding how the Easter Event works.)

DeletedUser8861

You should have a big friends list regardless of if the event is happening or not....you can have up to 140 friends, which means 140 more chances daily to get blueprints if you m/p or Aid. Not to mention that many more potential trading partners, that many more people who might contribute to your great buildings, etc.

Having friends has a huge advantage to every player in the game....(now if we can just get to the point where IOS players can reap the same benefits, which they can by playing on PC).

I don't worry about returning all the eggs, just do as many as I can.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16911

You should have a big friends list regardless of if the event is happening or not....you can have up to 140 friends, which means 140 more chances daily to get blueprints if you m/p or Aid. Not to mention that many more potential trading partners, that many more people who might contribute to your great buildings, etc.

Having friends has a huge advantage to every player in the game....(now if we can just get to the point where IOS players can reap the same benefits, which they can by playing on PC).

I don't worry about returning all the eggs, just do as many as I can.

Oh, I know...I like to finally have friends on my list so there are people I can aid and who can aid me. (It's been very nice to get my houses motivated so often, the extra money and protection from plundering is good.) I'm currently at 68, with 7 of those pending. I hope to add more in the future, a nice mix of newbies and experienced players I can help out every day. :) I just hope none of them feel too badly should I not be able to return their eggs.

DeletedUser9393

Question: Will there be a "<player> attempted to egg you but there was no unpolished decoration available" message in your event log when appropriate ?

DeletedUser

Question: Will there be a "<player> attempted to egg you but there was no unpolished decoration available" message in your event log when appropriate ?

If there is no unpolished decos then nothing will really happen. No timer, no egg, and no log. It will only reset until you can be egged.

DeletedUser15337

Sorry but I am feeling a tad cheated as I run my city in a very balanced way and use my space accordingly. In this event if I read it right we will have a choice of either granting happiness to peeps or egging them. I believe we should be able to do both since most players are running their cities as close as possible to maxed out everything. I feel we should be able to at least polish the large happiness buildings as well as hide eggs. Thanks for the read.

Centaur1956

DeletedUser15391

Sorry but I am feeling a tad cheated as I run my city in a very balanced way and use my space accordingly. In this event if I read it right we will have a choice of either granting happiness to peeps or egging them. I believe we should be able to do both since most players are running their cities as close as possible to maxed out everything. I feel we should be able to at least polish the large happiness buildings as well as hide eggs. Thanks for the read.

Centaur1956

You can still have your cultural buildings polished. People that run out of eggs or do not wish to egg you will surely still motivate/polish your city. You only get up to 24 eggs a day if you didn't sleep. You have more in your neighborhood alone. Plus friends... guildmates... etc.

Volodya

PLEASE GIVE US ROGUE HIDEOUTS! pretty please :)
I have three rogue hideouts and wouldn't build more in any case so I have no personal stake in this issue, but I strongly agree that the lack of hideouts as prizes in this event is really unfair to newer players.

DeletedUser16161

I have three rogue hideouts and wouldn't build more in any case so I have no personal stake in this issue, but I strongly agree that the lack of hideouts as prizes in this event is really unfair to newer players.

I, of course, also posted a thread about this--but to reiterate, as a player that started just after the winter event ended, I'm also pretty upset over the absence of Rogue Hideouts.

DeletedUser10076

This prize list imo is lame this year. WFs and renokits will be my goal. I understand the disappointment about no rogues, but don't worry im sure they will be there in another major event.

DeletedUser12354

I am surprised that they didn't really seem to take into account the Beta feedback. Drummers are horrid, as is the Shrine of Awe(ful).

It would be nice if they changed the awards from Beta a bit.

That said, the big get at this event truly are the Observatory Blueprints. Even if you won't spend diamonds, you could easily get 90 blueprints from this event. Once I get those, i'll consider the other items.

As far as early players... I actually think this is setup well to help those in the early stages.

DeletedUser16161

See, my biggest problem with it is the fact that I feel like I'm getting punished pretty hard for starting a month later than other people did. Assuming no new events this year, it means I have to wait more than half a year longer than the people who started in time for the winter event to have my chance at rogues, which is pretty disheartening.

It doesn't help that, as Cutter pointed out, the overwhelming response to the drummer as is has been negative. Basic math shows it is useless past IA/EMA at the latest.

(And then there is the SoK chance reduction, the not so awe-inspiring SoA, increased cost of WFs, etc.)

The feedback for the prizes has been largely negative... On the forums, in-game, on beta, and on the wiki--and right now it seems like it has all been more or less ignored.

DeletedUser16911

What does the Shrine of Awe even do? (I joined at the tail-end of the Winter Event, so don't understand most of these prizes. :huh: )

Dikkon

So you can only egg a person once a day with one egg out of your 24 (if you're awake that long) total eggs for the day? So, for example, you would need to find 24 different people to egg in a day to use up all your eggs for the day and then egg 24 again the next day?

Last edited:

DeletedUser7289

Ho hum...another event, and already folks complaining about the prizes. Here's the deal, people, it's "free stuff", so if you don't want it don't take it. The 'pony' isn't going to become a 'unicorn' just because you're whining about it.
Can't wait for TE, and a whole new round of complaints...