• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forfeiting GB prizes?

DeletedUser16911

Say you're contributing forge points to a neighbor's Great Building, and are in first place (or any place, really) for a prize.
Then say the neighborhood changes and you are no longer neighbors with that user. The GB eventually levels out with you still in first (or whatever) place.
Do you forfeit your prize as you are no longer neighbors and can no longer contribute to that GB? :huh:

DeletedUser10415

Any Great Building you are currently a contributor to, should a neighborhood change put that GB in a different neighborhood than you, remains in your Great Building list accessible from the city hall until the level for which you are contributing is completed. Meaning you can still contribute to it for that level, accessing it from that list. When the GB in question levels, your rewards are delivered to you as usual. After it levels, you will no longer have access to that GB, or any others in that player's city, unless you become friends, guildmates, or unless you wind up in the same neighborhood again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1862

You can, however, put up the final points to level a GB, and then put one point into the next level to assure that you would be able to get back to it indefinitely.

DeletedUser6172

When the GB in question levels, your rewards are delivered to you as usual. After it levels, you will no longer have access to that GB, or any others in that player's city, unless you become friends.
This is no longer the case. If you use the Global Rank > Great Buildings > Visit approach, you can see exactly who has been contributing to any GB anywhere.

I haven't tried to donate anything to a non-guild, non-neighbor, non-friend, so I don't know if that's possible or not.

DeletedUser8152

I haven't tried to donate anything to a non-guild, non-neighbor, non-friend, so I don't know if that's possible or not.
It is not possible. I guess that's what Glarg was getting at.

DeletedUser10415

You can, however, put up the final points to level a GB, and then put one point into the next level to assure that you would be able to get back to it indefinitely.

I didn't know that. It certainly wouldn't make you popular with the GB's owner, as it's common practice to leave GBs 1 point away from leveling so their owners can double-collect on their GBs when they level.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6172

it's common practice to leave GBs 1 point away from leveling so their owners can double-collect on their GBs when they level.
Double collect WHAT? Are you talking about timing the daily cycle so that you level right after you collect for the day?

DeletedUser9184

Double collect WHAT? Are you talking about timing the daily cycle so that you level right after you collect for the day?
Yes, you collect from the GB, then add the last point yourself, then you can collect from the GB again hence "double-collecting"

DeletedUser10415

The daily cycle is unchanged. You collect when you normally do, and then add the last point to level your GB and collect again, provided your guildmates, friends, and neighbors have cooperated by leaving the last point to you.

DeletedUser1862

Yes, you collect from the GB, then add the last point yourself, then you can collect from the GB again hence "double-collecting"
I found that this never happened with the GB I was donating to, sometimes the builder doesn't have a single point in the level when you look back, so I have no issue with filling the last point and making sure I could continue to contribute.
I would think it would rather make you more popular, since the builder wouldn't lose your support in further levels supposedly.