• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Question about goods

DeletedUser22222

So I am still trying to really figure out this game...but I have conquered and aquried all the land in the Bronze Age and have moved into the Iron Age on the map. I need wine to finish the Militia research section in the Iron Age research section. BUt when I go to my vineyard it says that I need to "control the goods deposit Grapes to produce at full capacity"

How do I get control of the Grapes deposit? Shouldn't I have it already cause I have acquired all of the Bronze Age land? Or is there something else I need to do?

DeletedUser9184

There are only two Bronze Age deposits (and two deposits for each age) on this first continent, so there are only two Bronze Age goods buildings that you are able to produce at full capacity. This encourages you to trade the goods that you have a boost for in order to get the goods you need.

DeletedUser8152

And it's good to understand that join a guild helps trading immensely because you don't have to pay a forge point to trade between guild members.

DeletedUser22222

Ok but I don't even see Grapes as a good in the trading list...

DeletedUser8152

Wine is the good that you want. Grapes is a resource on the continent map that you probably don't have access too. You might have rock, or trees, or flowers, or marble rock instead. Those are indicated by symbols in the map, I'll get a screenshot in a sec. They boost your production in stone, lumber, dye, and marble rock, respectively.

goods.png

This shows my boosts. The white head with the arrow says I'm boosted in marble, and the tan blocks with the arrow says I'm boosted in stone.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22222

ok so I can still make wine without having grapes...just not as much as I would if I had grapes?

DeletedUser8152

That is correct. But the difference is so big that you will be really hurting your game if you do it that way, as compared to trading.

DeletedUser19152

It's a true waste of space in your city to produce resources that aren't boosted. Produce the two goods you have boosts for, and trade for the rest.

Joining a guild really helps.

DeletedUser22541

while were on the subject of goods. can someone tell me , now that i've reached the industrial age can i get rid of all the older goods production ? will any of them be needed later ?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8152

Colonial age goods and up get used again to produce refined goos.