• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changing of Daily Calculation Feedback

DeletedUser13866

has anyone realized that it isn't just MONEY it takes to upgrade servers but TIME? maybe INNO is in the process of upgrading but hasn't had the time and/or materials needed to do so and put out a quick fix to try to keep the lag issues to a minimum? give it TIME people and see where it goes.

DeletedUser1084

As this is a feedback thread you are able to "voice" your opinion, but please keep inappropriate language out of it. If you want to affect change in the game you will need to propose on the proposal thread.

The support staff, Mods and My self are here to assist and maintain the game as it is. Help players learn the game, Uphold the rules and help identify possible bugs. If it is not one of those then the fastest way to get your thoughts and ideas to the correct people is through the proposal.

A proposal that the community here wants and feels strongly about will have many people behind it. Will have well thought out ideas and possibly more than one side of a disagreeing point. If you truly wish to help fix an issue you see then the proposal is the way to go because a proposal from the community holds more power than a CM.

~DA

DeletedUser13360

As this is a feedback thread you are able to "voice" your opinion, but please keep inappropriate language out of it. If you want to affect change in the game you will need to propose on the proposal thread.

The support staff, Mods and My self are here to assist and maintain the game as it is. Help players learn the game, Uphold the rules and help identify possible bugs. If it is not one of those then the fastest way to get your thoughts and ideas to the correct people is through the proposal.

A proposal that the community here wants and feels strongly about will have many people behind it. Will have well thought out ideas and possibly more than one side of a disagreeing point. If you truly wish to help fix an issue you see then the proposal is the way to go because a proposal from the community holds more power than a CM.

~DA

A proposal? Are you kidding? You have hundreds of people complaining and angry over a change we did NOT want and that does NOT work! All we want is for INNO to change the recalc time back to where it was. WHY should we have to put it in the form of a proposal? A process that takes forever and may never get anywhere?
Not only that, the recalculation in C world this morning did not calculate. Everything is the same as the day before! We reported this. Nothing in the event logs for recalc, no change to guild level for the day. It is still not fixed! Did any other guild out there actually check your guild levels to see if it actually took place for you? There are players in my guild who play multiple worlds. No problem in some of those, but Cirgard did not update.
This is the biggest mess I have ever seen INNo create.

*Arturis*

A proposal, in my opinion, is for something that has been established in the game for a long time (status quo) which need to be improved or changed for the better game-play for everyone. Why do we need to put some change for the worse like this from what has been working for the majority of the players for a long time into a proposal? May I suggest the CM to put up a poll for player to vote on which I think will be more suitable in this case?

DeletedUser11609

~DA

This 20 page thread-naught isn't enough to get the point across?
And I've already floated a proposal to fix this properly. But to be perfectly honest, I haven't seen Inno pay attention to any proposals in the last two years, so my confidence in anything coming of it is pretty low.

DeletedUser10789

I agree with many here. It seems like a nice way of saying, put something out there and we will do what we want to do anyway.
So, as per requested, I have made a proposal to change back the time.
Still, I think it is very clear and it should be noted that those who are jumping on this thread to say put up a proposal, come on. You can clearly see what people are saying and are upset about. Do us all a favor and just pass all of this along and note all the people who are upset by the company's poor decision making process.
I was hoping "the company" would see the error of there ways and do what is right here and change it back, but I see your basic corporate blah blah blah, with doing nothing to help the players of the game and the people who pay to play this game.

DeletedUser1084

A proposal? Are you kidding? You have hundreds of people complaining and angry over a change we did NOT want and that does NOT work! All we want is for INNO to change the recalc time back to where it was. WHY should we have to put it in the form of a proposal? A process that takes forever and may never get anywhere?
Not only that, the recalculation in C world this morning did not calculate. Everything is the same as the day before! We reported this. Nothing in the event logs for recalc, no change to guild level for the day. It is still not fixed! Did any other guild out there actually check your guild levels to see if it actually took place for you? There are players in my guild who play multiple worlds. No problem in some of those, but Cirgard did not update.
This is the biggest mess I have ever seen INNo create.

Currently there are only 187 replies and 4602 people have seen this thread (at the time I post this). There are over 1 million users on the US server alone. Even if I was assuming there were exactly 1 million users, that would mean that less than one half percent (0.46%) of all the players on the US market have ever even seen this thread, let alone comment on it, subscribed to it, backed it or anything else.

If that community has shown its something they really want to have done, then that community will have made at least one proposal for it. Giving feedback here helps to illuminate something to the community. Use the information here and create a proper proposal about so that the information can be moved on in the mechanism that has been established for this.

A proposal is not a guarantee that the change will take place, even if that change is to reverse something, but it is the avenue in which to try and get that change made. Our goal here is to help make the gaming experience the best one possible and I am trying to give you the tools to do that, however you feel about them.

~DA

DeletedUser1084

A proposal, in my opinion, is for something that has been established in the game for a long time (status quo) which need to be improved or changed for the better game-play for everyone. Why do we need to put some change for the worse like this from what has been working for the majority of the players for a long time into a proposal? May I suggest the CM to put up a poll for player to vote on which I think will be more suitable in this case?

Proposals can be made for almost any change you want to see in the game. It does not matter how long that item has been in the game. If you or others feel it should be changed, tell us and let us know why, in a proposal.

~DA

DeletedUser23258

So what you are saying is we need to copy every post in this thread and post them in the proposal thread because this thread that you (Inno) created to voice our opinion is pointless?

- - - Updated - - -

As to your stats, your numbers won't sway anybody. How many of those million players are casual players who could care less about GvG or fighting in general? How many have already quit? You've effectively created another farming game with no sense of community. Congratulations. Welcome to mediocrity. Why don't you just change the name to that: Mediocrity Empire or Forge of Mediocrity. Makes you want to tell all your friends about it doesn't it?

Oh yeah, you wanted proposals only in the Proposal thread...you should have the power to move this entire thread to the proposal thread. Be my guest.

Last edited by a moderator:

*Arturis*

Please let us know any thoughts you may have about changing the Daily Calculation time. We like hearing from you!

Your Forge of Empires Team
This quote above is from the OP, now after 20 pages of posts, you said we need a proposal to get our voice heard, this is a waste of time, now I feel like speaking to the wall. I give up, no more comment from me on this subject/thread.

DeletedUser11220

Currently there are only 187 replies and 4602 people have seen this thread (at the time I post this). There are over 1 million users on the US server alone. Even if I was assuming there were exactly 1 million users, that would mean that less than one half percent (0.46%) of all the players on the US market have ever even seen this thread, let alone comment on it, subscribed to it, backed it or anything else.

Lets think about all that has been done to this game and how many people have complained.. now look at what little effect it has had in the past.... I would submit that at this point your numbers are more than meaningless... you have taught the masses here that have played for years that complaining does very little... Heck lets also say that many people have never even been to the forums let alone posted... until a few days ago I almost never posted and that does not mean that I did not care about Inno's past bad decisions it just means that I knew it would not matter that I posted... the difference now is that what you have done goes so far beyond the pale that I had to speak up

DeletedUser10344

If that community has shown its something they really want to have done, then that community will have made at least one proposal for it. Giving feedback here helps to illuminate something to the community. Use the information here and create a proper proposal about so that the information can be moved on in the mechanism that has been established for this.

A proposal is not a guarantee that the change will take place, even if that change is to reverse something, but it is the avenue in which to try and get that change made. Our goal here is to help make the gaming experience the best one possible and I am trying to give you the tools to do that, however you feel about them.

~DA

Feedback: New reset time experience, many of the same glitches that occurred at the old recalculation time. We must follow the rules and avenues available to us, the players to see recalculation time changed back. I don't feel that Inno has extended the same care, thought and proper consideration to it's customers aka players that they expect from us. No one proposed to us that we move to a new reset time to see if it helps with the issues many of us experience at recalculation. We are given a feedback page to give feedback and basically now told that it doesn't matter. If it was so easy to change the recalculation time without prior notice, then it should be just as easy to fix and put back to it's previous time. I have been involved in Gvg since it was rolled out in Beta. Gvg was a guild member activity that we experienced together. Team play was the main aspect of gvg that I enjoyed. I can now log in and do gvg at the new recalculation time but I am missing my team, my friends. I gave up nightly dinners with my family to be on at the old reset time, now I give up a little sleep. But if gvg is turning into more of a solitaire experience I need to find a new game. The game has slowed way down since the change. People are unhappy with the change and it is very noticeable. If Inno waits too long to address the situation, many players will move on to a new game.

DeletedUser2344

How many support tickets did you get? There are only a handful of people that bother with forums like this one.

DeletedUser23258

And since you brought numbers into this conversation, how much activity are any of the other threads getting compared to this one? 20 pages in a couple days vs. ?????? I'd say it's a pretty hot topic that Inno is not taking a look at because you told us to voice our feedback in the wrong place. Well done...Bravo...<slow claps>

DeletedUser1084

This quote above is from the OP, now after 20 pages of posts, you said we need a proposal to get our voice heard, this is a waste of time, now I feel like speaking to the wall. I give up, no more comment from me on this subject/thread.

And since you brought numbers into this conversation, how much activity are any of the other threads getting compared to this one? 20 pages in a couple days vs. ?????? I'd say it's a pretty hot topic that Inno is not taking a look at because you told us to voice our feedback in the wrong place. Well done...Bravo...<slow claps>

We told you to voice your opinions here and you have. After seeing the opinions, thoughts and feeling we thought it best to advise you to create a proposal to further this ideas expressed here to the people in charge of making changes to the game.

How many support tickets did you get? There are only a handful of people that bother with forums like this one.

In general we do not give out information on our ticket stats. Currently we have gotten some on this issue though. We do direct them to the forum and to make a proposal.

Lets think about all that has been done to this game and how many people have complained.. now look at what little effect it has had in the past.... I would submit that at this point your numbers are more than meaningless... you have taught the masses here that have played for years that complaining does very little... Heck lets also say that many people have never even been to the forums let alone posted... until a few days ago I almost never posted and that does not mean that I did not care about Inno's past bad decisions it just means that I knew it would not matter that I posted... the difference now is that what you have done goes so far beyond the pale that I had to speak up

There have been many things that have been added to the game, big and small, that came from proposals all over the world. Sometimes only part of the idea from the proposal is added other times the whole things. Not everything will make it and not everything cane, depending on what it is, but the proposal do work.

~DA

DeletedUser17558

Out of the 197 replies, including mine, how many are repeat posters? Having almost 200 replies does not mean almost 200 people have replied to it. I would say there are 10 or so having an ongoing conversation and the rest are single or very few replies.

DeletedUser23144

I ALREADY SAID IN THE PROPOSAL ILL SAY IT HERE THE WORLD HAVE JUST AS MUCH RIGHTS TO PLAY THIS GAME AND GET A CHANCE FOR THE SLOT IN GVG FOR THEIR POINTS....THIS GAME DOE NOT REVOLVE AROUND THE TOP GVG PLAYERS IT REVOLVES AROUND ALL... FIND A SOLUTION FOR URSELF....I DID AND IT NOT HURTING ME NONE

DeletedUser20367

20 pages of replies and even submitting a proposal does NOT guarantee that a change will be made. On the EN forum there is a 90 page thread started nine months ago that is filled with complaints about GB points being unbalanced at high levels. Don’t know for sure if there was a proposal submitted, they don’t have the same format that we do but I think that is also the case. Bottom line, GB points have not changed in the slightest so if you are expecting fast action you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Until anything does change there are two options, adapt or quit. I don’t expect anything to change, certainly not soon. Back to the GB points, that is a much easier fix than this, change one formula that adds points into a total that doesn’t affect the game in any other way. Could have been done in a couple of days, a week at the most but here we are almost a year later. There are far more issues with GvG and the recalc time so nothing is going to happen in a week, or a month. I won’t say ‘in a year’ but that’s certainly a possibility too.

The longer things go the more people will adapt. I’m 100% certain that they expected a drop in diamond sales after this change. If those sales drop by a significant percentage and stay down then we will see much quicker action to remedy things. However, if sales start back up (which is what I expect will happen) then the new clock time is here to stay.

DeletedUser10789

Dear DarkArtist,
I am writing this directly to you due to your numbers theory on this thread. I see you have 158 posts and does that mean your word or suggestions mean more than any other.? NO, because you work for "the game", you now do. How about me with my 8-9 posts and the vast majority of them ONLY coming to this topic, does this mean my words of voice means more than any others, NO.

In fact, you are missing a great deal here. There are FACTS and there are people who are benefiting from the changes due to where they live.
FACT, you and others from "the game" have stated that 10am est., is the slowest time of the day for the day.
FACT, you and others from "the game" have stated this is due to lag attempting to be fixed.
FACT, when this change occurred, there was mention from "the game" about a thread for feedback. WAIT, this is the title of this thread, "FEEDBACK".
FACT, the busiest time of the day for the game before the change, was 30 minutes before and after the re-calc. of 8pm est.
FACT, this is a United States based server, or meant to be.
FACT, YOU stated for a proposal to be created on this due to the 19 now over 20+ pages of comments.
FACT, I created a proposal for the change back. NO ONE ELSE DID. De-coupling is different.

Wherefore, it is now mutually agreed that you and your own community managers did in fact make material statements that are relevant to the facts contained here within. As such, I can throw out numerous numbers for you like, 2, 25, 50, 100 and so on and so on. PLEASE do not attempt to insult my intelligence by saying this and we all know how people feel about this. While I am not on other servers, I am sure there are many out there saying the same things, or was it only this server that had a changed to BAND-AID this problem.?

Another fact I missed is that "the game" with NO NOTICE decided to change the terms of the players agreement and terms of the game. Notice everyone, this is NOT BE ADDRESSED. Why, legal issues all. Legal issues. Anyone notice the changes in game rules now. We have 8 weeks to ask for our game to be deleted, meaning if we do not agree to those changes that came after the game time re-calc. change, when we can go away. How about all the money I spend on the game.? Are you going to refund me.? LET ME BE CLEAR, I AM NOT ASKING OR REQUESTING TO HAVE MY GAME DELETED. In fact, I like the game and the rules by which I have played until your blatant dis-regard for the players or majority of players who play this game.

Ok, back to numbers. In one world where I am a co-leader, we have over 70 players or family members of the guild. I consider them family, that's the way I am. We have gone thru multiple mergers and now have a good core group who like to fight at re-calc. time. Now you have caused our guild chat and time for fighting to be ruined and GONE. I still have lag and so do many others. Clearly by the "FEEDBACK" thread, this time change has NOT fixed the underlying issue at hand. THEREFORE, the changed DID NOT WORK and needs to be RE-THOUGHT. Why not fix the core problem and actually have a solution, like buy newer servers.

All you did was take away fun guild time where a bunch of players could come together and have fun. Now you ruined that and destroyed the integrity of the game. To sit there and say, please submit a proposal, is a nice way of saying tuff (you know what), live with it. I am insulted by you and others who continue to say that the players have a voice, when clearly they do not. I urge you to look at your own numbers and see the amount of people who actually come to the forums and post. Some are troller's who write all the time in CAPS, which is a violation of the rules your very own game states, FACT.

All that I am guilty of is believing that you and INNO actually care about the players of the United States Server and want them to be happy. In a perfect world, the west coasters could play after work and those like me, (New York - East Coast) 8pm is a good time for me. Sadly enough for the west coast 5pm est. is early. Please remember, this is something the game decided when implementing the GvG System. Now to arbitrarily change the function of GvG, with NO NOTICE I might add, with a time change in re-calc. has diminished the play ability of numerous players and guilds. Please stop the spammers and troller's of this thread and keep it the way you and "the game" intended it for, "FEEDBACK".

Finally, please remember the phrase, "figures lie and liars figure", what does that mean.? I could give you numbers as well to support this and maybe you should take a look at any global chat at anytime. People feel compelled to vent and complain via that way and not very often do they take the time to write something here. I have taken a great deal of time in writing these mails, threads, proposals and the like, at my current rate of $ 450 per hour, where should I send the bill for my services.?

It is simple, you and your own personnel have stated this is a "Feedback" thread and now there is a proposal as well. The feedback has been that "the game" has messed up and taken the wrong approach here. Just fix the real problem and give us all back our FUN TIME in our respective guilds.

Last edited by a moderator: