• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Update 1.61

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

Czari

Now forced to wade through guild wide messages without the ability to delete and just keep ones just to me. Bad Idea. Don't know if I want to keep playing this..

I've already been checking the web for other browser games - looks like a lot of them out there. I enjoyed messaging with people in my guild which is what has kept me playing FoE but now silence reigns in the message center and our guild doesn't use chat.

DeletedUser7957

I'm really starting to get sick and tired of all the message spamming, all I ever see is who left the conversation. Who really cares about who left, I sure don't? This crappy message system has got to be fixed ASAP.:mad:

DeletedUser13942

Tic Toc Inno, Tic Toc....we're waiting. get your head out and either rollback or hotfix

DeletedUser11014

I need to voice my opinion the new message system is terrible. All I read is ‘xx left the conversation’ and I’m sick of it. My message count has gone from 30 to well over 120 almost overnight. Change the ‘leave conversation’ to ‘delete’ and do not post it.

DeletedUser17347

Well it has been a week and here are the stats I have come up with since the new messaging system was installed...

1) I have x of 50 pages of messages of "Someone left the conversation" and TWO pages of messages saying "Stop leaving the messages!"

2) I have not had a GVG battle since this new system as no one responds. I wish they had a game where I could just collect stuff all day and not talk to anyone.... OH wait, it is called and strangely I don't play that either....

3) In PVP,

R world is 1 player for IA, 1 player for EMA, 7 players for HMA but sadly they all hit in the single digits...

Short of shutting down the servers, could you come up with a better way to destroy this game?
I do want to thank you for saving me $100 this week. :)

DeletedUser17347

Communication Breakdown

This is a just a sample to the messages I am receiving. Not that Inno cares in the least....

Ok, here it is. As the primary leader of this guild I have to stress that it is IMPOSSIBLE to operate under these conditions. We have requested that you STOP leaving threads. But then to add insult to this mess, players are even leaving those threads. The issue is that, as players leave threads, all of the important ones that I need to operate get buried. First it is a few pages, then ten, then dozens of pages back. So I cannot find ANYTHING that I need to track activity. I do not delete threads. It is important for me to know what is happening and what has happened so I can stay on top of member activity. But with this system, I cannot even keep the main threads in the forefront to communicate with the leaders and other founders. So from this point, i will not be monitoring any activity and the guild is hereby officially afloat. Since I have no way of knowing who is or isn't adding to the treasury, adding to new GBs, adding to the level up or adding to the observatory push, there is no way for me to do my job. When they fix this system I will be back in my chair. I have playfully referred to myself as the Janitor because I spend a lot of time cleaning up messes. But this is a mess that I cannot clean up. If all members finally understand that the LEAVE button is evil and if everyone stops using it, it will be business as usual and we can pick up the ball and move on. Unless or until that happens, I am on the sidelines watching.

Once again, congrats on destroying a game that was fun to play just 1 week ago!

DeletedUser23489

People with vision issues are having problems with the new message system. You have a lot of people over 40 that play this game and are now faced with messages that are hard to read. One of my guildies had to leave the guild and other guilds due to this. The messages were causing dizziness and headaches.One fix for this would be to use bold font in the message just like it is when entering a message. The font size for who sent the message is near impossible to read at 100% zoom rate on a 23 inch monitor with 1920x1080 Resolution. A little darker background would also help.

Leaving messages as it now stands is causing huge problems in guilds, but Forge of Empires already knows that.

DeletedUser23302

People are asking "why" regarding this new message system being implemented even after it got a roaring thumbs-down in beta. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it was due to a deal deadline with the mobile phone company(s). They (Inno) may have figured it's better to roll it out (because it works well on the phone?) anyway, and deal with the browser users in a later patch. I don't know for sure of course, but at least it makes me feel a little better lol. I am flabbergasted at how BAD the message system is now. I used to enjoy going to the mailbox, but now, like many others, I look at it with hesitation before I open it. I am playing less too. And when I do login, now I'm in the forum. At least the background isn't bright white LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention, as if we need another reason for not having the "left the conversation" feature, it really compromises social graces. For example, so-and-so needs to take some time off due to health reasons. Instead of replies of "hope you feel better" or " no problem, get well soon" we also have the list of "xx left the conversation" too. Better not to see that. No reply is much better. Or how about the person who wants to share a joke with the guild, lol, figure it out, it's just bad.

DeletedUser9732

Apparently 25 pages is the minimum for Inno to pay attention, beta didn't quite make it.

Inno after all the rage and anger over your band-aid fix to GvG, you step right up and do it again?
This is a half-finished fix to finally get messaging to mobile, which has been badly needed, but putting it out in such a manner isn't very impressive.

Hey, we've reached 25+ pages! Let's see if it makes any difference, lol.

DeletedUser11609

Hey, we've reached 25+ pages! Let's see if it makes any difference, lol.

Having trouble caring...or logging in. :razz:
As an older gamer, the new message system gives me a headache that won't quit. I literally cannot read more than a few pages before it starts bothering me, so I don't read much messaging now. Already finding myself doing other stuff rather than logging on, pretty soon it will be just on to collect....then it's only a matter of time....

DeletedUser19991

Poorly thought out

We would like to hear what you have to say about Update 1.61. Please place your thoughts and comments here.

Thank you!
Your Forge of Empires Team

Simply put, it's a stain. Having to sort through seemingly never ending posts including, long dead posts? Even the backgrounds are now ugly. Who did you beta test this with? My estimation of the intelligence of the developers really takes a dip with this roll out. It's so obviously bad it's ridiculous. Ahh that's it! Is IMMO punking us?

DeletedUser19991

I was going to spend $19.99 for diamonds today to support the Columbus day quest but after reading your message I decided I would not. Why reward a game I may soon have to leave because the developers have wrecked it?

DeletedUser10806

And not one representative of Inno has come back to this thread to offer some explanation. Disgusting.

DeletedUser17347

Honestly, what are they going to say. Sorry? That will never happen. After a few of us diamond players were basically told "Shut the hell up. We are working on it."
I am kinda upset.

DeletedUser17347

People are asking "why" regarding this new message system being implemented even after it got a roaring thumbs-down in beta. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it was due to a deal deadline with the mobile phone company(s). They (Inno) may have figured it's better to roll it out (because it works well on the phone?) anyway, and deal with the browser users in a later patch. I don't know for sure of course, but at least it makes me feel a little better lol. I am flabbergasted at how BAD the message system is now. I used to enjoy going to the mailbox, but now, like many others, I look at it with hesitation before I open it. I am playing less too. And when I do login, now I'm in the forum. At least the background isn't bright white LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention, as if we need another reason for not having the "left the conversation" feature, it really compromises social graces. For example, so-and-so needs to take some time off due to health reasons. Instead of replies of "hope you feel better" or " no problem, get well soon" we also have the list of "xx left the conversation" too. Better not to see that. No reply is much better. Or how about the person who wants to share a joke with the guild, lol, figure it out, it's just bad.

I doubt it was because of a deal, but who knows. My guess would be they wanted to implement the new message system. Then they basically ran out of time. The developers were inept. In order to push the columbus event update, they had to push the message system update too. Now they can not go back without shutting down the event. So they can not roll back and they seem to have no idea how to fix the issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15042

Communication in my guild has come to a stand still. Way to go INNO.

DeletedUser

Just adding to the chorus of overwhelming negative response to the new messaging system. It's just awful. A poor design of a needlessly complicated system. 99% of users give precisely zero craps who has or has not left a conversation, so why is that the main focus of this system?