• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Halloween Feedback

DeletedUser4770

Discuss the event here! We are interested in your comments and questions.

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team

DeletedUser2355

Can we have these events start and end before the holiday is long gone?

qaccy

Can we have these events start and end before the holiday is long gone?

Wish granted, considering Halloween is celebrated on the 31st of October:

Your pumpkin-headed guest will come to your city on 26th of October and will remain there till the 10th of November.

Anything else to complain about?

DeletedUser

Wish granted, considering Halloween is celebrated on the 31st of October:

Your pumpkin-headed guest will come to your city on 26th of October and will remain there till the 10th of November.

Anything else to complain about?

I think you'll find that the request included the word and not the word or. So her request was not granted. I agree that these quests probably should FINISH on the 31st or maybe the 1st, not the 10th of November. For the Americans at least by the 10th of November we're thinking Veteran's Day or Thanksgiving already, and our retail is telling us that we're too slow to shop for Christmas. Ideally this should run from the 16 to the 31st.

DeletedUser2223

I think you'll find that the request included the word and not the word or. So her request was not granted. I agree that these quests probably should FINISH on the 31st or maybe the 1st, not the 10th of November. For the Americans at least by the 10th of November we're thinking Veteran's Day or Thanksgiving already, and our retail is telling us that we're too slow to shop for Christmas. Ideally this should run from the 16 to the 31st.

Exactly, this is something I have complained about.

DeletedUser23006

This might be the most ridiculous thread I've ever read. Who cares if it ends or begins on or very near the holiday. And this business about "our retail is telling us", what? Don't let "your retail tell you anything" Be an adult and make your own decisions.

DeletedUser

This might be the most ridiculous thread I've ever read. Who cares if it ends or begins on or very near the holiday. And this business about "our retail is telling us", what? Don't let "your retail tell you anything" Be an adult and make your own decisions.

You must not read a lot of the other threads. As for why we care, because we're interested in some continuity between the holiday and the event, that's why. As for the retail comment, they are most certainly telling you. I never said anything about listening to them, but I understand how marketing works. Implying that being aware of that makes me less than a functioning adult, or that I lack the capacity to make decisions as an adult is uncalled for.

DeletedUser18150

It is my understanding that there will be a requirement to spend FP's with every quest....is that right? If so, I certainly hope that the quest rewards are more than just a measly morsel of production or coins!!!

Ylisaveta

It is my understanding that there will be a requirement to spend FP's with every quest....is that right? If so, I certainly hope that the quest rewards are more than just a measly morsel of production or coins!!!

It's my understanding that you can either use them for research or contribute to a GB, 7 a day. You potentially have 24 (or more) a day you get for free and have to use or lose, so this should be the easy part of the quests.

qaccy

You must not read a lot of the other threads. As for why we care, because we're interested in some continuity between the holiday and the event, that's why. As for the retail comment, they are most certainly telling you. I never said anything about listening to them, but I understand how marketing works. Implying that being aware of that makes me less than a functioning adult, or that I lack the capacity to make decisions as an adult is uncalled for.

They may as well just give everyone 24 hours to complete all quests and have the event run only on the 31st for 'continuity', right? The real-life holiday is enclosed within the event's timeframe, which is perfectly fine. This grievance is utterly ridiculous.

Seriously, people on these forums are starting to complain about literally everything Inno does.

DeletedUser10415

The Halloween Event runs on all servers - not just the U.S. one. While other countries probably have a Veterans Day, I doubt it's the same day as the one in the U.S. As for Thanksgiving, that's strictly U.S.

DeletedUser

The international holidays are Armistice Day and Remembrance Day. Observed by several other countries in which Inno has either an active presence or a loyal following.

Thanksgiving you are correct in that it is an American specific date, the Canadians use a different day. Very much a westernized holiday.

However, much of the world doesn't celebrate or recognize Halloween. The Halloween we know and is being referenced is strictly a western construct related to the day before All-Saints-Day. Most nations only started serious celebration of it during the westernization near the latter half of the twentieth century, though certain festivals such as those celebrating the day of the dead, or days involving the spirit world, are both much older and carry very different cultural connotations than our Ichabod Crane driven consumer candy fest here, which we've since exported the traditions primarily to Europe and now East Asia.

DeletedUser10415

My point is the scheduling of FoE events doesn't revolve around the United States. There are players all around the world.

DeletedUser

I'm not disputing that, but the date is fixed by our version and celebration of it, not the rest of the world's, with the exception of the UK who has some very old traditions particularly up in Scotland. Therefore, if they want to be consistent, they need to affix their promotion of it to that specific date, which is what the OP asked for.

DeletedUser8152

This seems like a silly argument. Some people would rather have the event end near Halloween, I suppose some people would rather have the event start near Halloween, and some people don't care. No one is right or wrong, that's just what they would prefer.

Sure, let Inno know your preference. If you care a lot, let them know that you care a lot. But I don't think you can convince anyone else their preference (or lack thereof) is "wrong."

DeletedUser

This seems like a silly argument. Some people would rather have the event end near Halloween, I suppose some people would rather have the event start near Halloween, and some people don't care. No one is right or wrong, that's just what they would prefer.

Sure, let Inno know your preference. If you care a lot, let them know that you care a lot. But I don't think you can convince anyone else their preference (or lack thereof) is "wrong."

I believe this is the video clip you're searching for: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu7vySQbgXI