• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event Feedback

DeletedUser18256

I agree, land expansions would be very helpful as prizes and always diamonds of course.

DeletedUser1753

So rumor has it Observatory BP will be available during the event. Will they be indicated as such? Or are they part of the "random blueprint" prizes? Kinda makes a difference since many, many people are aching to get an Observatory in the newer worlds.

planetofthehumans2

Its complete nonsense to price all of the prizes the day after for 2000 diamonds. Some of the prizes are 1x1's that are worthless unless you buy them en-mass. You would get a hell of a lot more purchases if you made each prize an appropriate price. I would personally spend money on the prizes that I miss this way.

cbalto1927

Its complete nonsense to price all of the prizes the day after for 2000 diamonds. Some of the prizes are 1x1's that are worthless unless you buy them en-mass. You would get a hell of a lot more purchases if you made each prize an appropriate price. I would personally spend money on the prizes that I miss this way.

so that means i will have to spend stars to try my hand on watchfires? They are 1x1's.

DeletedUser10517

Everyone has a chance to win them when they first appear by spending Stars.

Anyone who didnt win a prize can buy it the following day for 2000 stars and this price is the same for everything.

The price seems to be in line with the 'chance' of winning........and this ensures not every one ends up with all the same stuff.
Would be pretty boring if we all had the same.

People will pay 2000 diamonds for something they want, such as rogue hideouts....and will avoid buying decorations and ordinary stuff, no matter how many diamonds they cost.

Mustapha00

Are the (I assume) Daily Special Prizes available from random presents in addition to being able to purchase them with (a crapton of) Diamonds?

DeletedUser9184

Are the (I assume) Daily Special Prizes available from random presents in addition to being able to purchase them with (a crapton of) Diamonds?
There's always one of today's prize (on the right) in each set of presents. Today's prize becomes the one you purchase with diamonds the next day (though there are some specials which will not be purchasable).

DeletedUser10517

How to win the special prize? I opened 3 of the gifts and got some useless items.

Luck of the draw....you used your stars and didnt win it. If you really want that Market, you will be able to buy it tomorrow.

Best to save stars for an item you really really want.......such as a rogue hideout or shrine of knowledge.

cbalto1927

Luck of the draw....you used your stars and didnt win it. If you really want that Market, you will be able to buy it tomorrow.

Best to save stars for an item you really really want.......such as a rogue hideout or shrine of knowledge.

I agree, I have noticed there are total of of 18 guesses, which would need 180 stars to open all of them. I would suggest save at least 180 stars for the item that the person really wants. I am wishing for Rouge hideout, Revo kit,wishing well and watchfires :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser24344

let says you are down to 5 presents to open and the special prize is in one of them. You then open the next present and it was a shuffle. Does that mean you have to reopen all presents again to get to the special prize? Can you skip picking up the shuffle?

I agree, I have noticed there are total of of 18 guesses, which would need 180 stars to open all of them. I would suggest save at least 180 stars for the item that the person really wants. I am wishing for Rouge hideout, Revo kit,wishing well and watchfires :)

DeletedUser9184

let says you are down to 5 presents to open and the special prize is in one of them. You then open the next present and it was a shuffle. Does that mean you have to reopen all presents again to get to the special prize? Can you skip picking up the shuffle?
You cannot skip picking up a shuffle, so there's a chance that it'll cost more than 180 stars to get your prize. Likewise, you can get your prize on the first try, get the shuffle on the second try, then pick your prize again on the third giving you those prizes for cheap :)

DeletedUser3556

There's 39 more days to this event, It comes down to patience, saving up a few weeks of daily free +10 and the additional stars from quest rewards. Chances are good that the prizes will repeat at least once.

Edit. Strike that, If the rewards don't repeat hope to get enough stars before hand and cross your fingers for good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

I dunno about repeats. I don't think there were many last year, ya might wanna look at the 2014 wiki entry.

Last edited:

cbalto1927

I dunno about repeats. I don't think there were many last year, ya might wanna look at the 2014 wiki entry.

On Beta server, The prize Rouge hideout wont be a repeat this year, so when that day comes i would use the stars to grab that prize. If not then would have to pay 2000 diamonds on the next day. Good thing i have enough diamonds ready just in case. :)

DeletedUser9393

On Beta server, The prize Rouge hideout wont be a repeat this year, so when that day comes i would use the stars to grab that prize. If not then would have to pay 2000 diamonds on the next day. Good thing i have enough diamonds ready just in case. :)
Might be better bet to buy Stars with the diamonds and keep trying to win it. (10 shots for 700 diamonds)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21227

Anyone else having problems tripping the enthusiastic portion to the first quest?

- - - Updated - - -

I looked at last years form. the cure is to sell a section of road to trip it.
No idea why it worked, but it did.
Thanks

DeletedUser13023

I'm not able to get by the first quest. Frosty doesn't recognize that my people are enthusiastic and won't give me credit for it. I've rebooted and am still unsuccessful.