• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event

DeletedUser15145

Winter Event,

Frosty's quest was to make people enthousiastic and something else. So I did. Still the quest was not fulfilled.
How is this possible ?? Please any help.

DeletedUser9433

Either refresh or move a deco or road around. Hopefully the "something else" you did was build a current age deco or 5 from previous age.

DeletedUser11358

Winter Event,

Frosty's quest was to make people enthousiastic and something else. So I did. Still the quest was not fulfilled.
How is this possible ?? Please any help.
Same happened to me: refreshing does not help. When I tore down enough "happy" buildings and the people were no longer enthusiastic, duh! THEN it decided to credit me! GRR! On the normal game quests I've noticed disconnecting the road to the town hall works, but it didn't work with frosty:/ BUGS

cbalto1927

Same happened to me: refreshing does not help. When I tore down enough "happy" buildings and the people were no longer enthusiastic, duh! THEN it decided to credit me! GRR! On the normal game quests I've noticed disconnecting the road to the town hall works, but it didn't work with frosty:/ BUGS

For me, it autocomplete. My City was already enthusiastic. I did the quest when it first appeared after 12am eastern time. :)

DeletedUser22541

well players , does anyone else think this is another suckie event with suckie prizes ?? happiness prizes , give me a break!!!! the only decent prize is coins . the diamond prize should be much higher . give out some decent production, watch fire towers were good . housing that add significant population. the enthusiastic one really cost me , had to use diamonds. i'll keep going as long as it doesn't cost me . grrrrrrrrrr

DeletedUser8428

well players , does anyone else think this is another suckie event with suckie prizes ?? happiness prizes , give me a break!!!! the only decent prize is coins . the diamond prize should be much higher . give out some decent production, watch fire towers were good . housing that add significant population. the enthusiastic one really cost me , had to use diamonds. i'll keep going as long as it doesn't cost me . grrrrrrrrrr
Wow - event has been running what, 2 Days? Has another 37 to go? Tough to be that impatient ...

Algona

Agreed hjh. Poor thinkery perry. If Rogue Hideout had popped up first day, how pissed would you be? I appreciate INNO is putting out the lower tier prizes early on, gives me a chance to build up stars.

Please don't even joke about such silliness as wanting the good prizes early, INNO might decide to take you up on it.

Although..." the only decent prize is coins " Hmmm. What? You have an odd wishlist! Why bust the bank to buy less than tier 1 prizes?

This is all optional! Your city will not suffer because you didn't get many of these prizes, the log cabin for rxample.

DeletedUser5500

just be happy that we are having a event. If you don't like the event, then don't join in on it.

cbalto1927

Agreed hjh. Poor thinkery perry. If Rogue Hideout had popped up first day, how pissed would you be? I appreciate INNO is putting out the lower tier prizes early on, gives me a chance to build up stars.

Please don't even joke about such silliness as wanting the good prizes early, INNO might decide to take you up on it.

Although..." the only decent prize is coins " Hmmm. What? You have an odd wishlist! Why bust the bank to buy less than tier 1 prizes?

This is all optional! Your city will not suffer because you didn't get many of these prizes, the log cabin for rxample.

Agreed, today it was my lucky day, after 2 tries i got the log cabin the prize for today. I know i needed coins badly, so this prize is well worth it for me. :)

Mustapha00

The real fun is going to start when some of the better prizes are offered and players have to decide whether they want to spend their stars on Shrines of Knowledge, for example, or wait until the Rogue's Hideout is offered. That's assuming, of course, that the better prizes are offered only once, which I have no idea on, this being my first Winter Event.

cbalto1927

I am very happy with this winter event, got my watchfires. Now on to Rouge hideout, shrine of Knowledge and Revo Kit :)

DeletedUser9433

I wanted a rail gun factory and only took 2 tries so I am happy as well. No need to rush thru my tech tree now.

DeletedUser5500

? how does it force you to take part in the event? Here let me put this way. it is your decision whether or not to do the quests and to pick prizes for free stuff. If you don't do any of that, and just play normal FoE, then you aren't participating in the event. Nobody is forcing you. If you need medals, you can get plenty in the event. if you want a military building (if it being offered) go for it.....as i said before nobody is forcing you to play the event....

Mustapha00

? how does it force you to take part in the event? Here let me put this way. it is your decision whether or not to do the quests and to pick prizes for free stuff. If you don't do any of that, and just play normal FoE, then you aren't participating in the event. Nobody is forcing you. If you need medals, you can get plenty in the event. if you want a military building (if it being offered) go for it.....as i said before nobody is forcing you to play the event....
I guess it might depend on the type of neighborhood- hostile or agreeable- in which you find yourself.
If you are aggressive and all of a sudden multiple players that you used to attack and plunder with impunity sprout multiple Watchfires or have an advanced Military Building, well your chosen style of gameplay just became quite a bit harder, as you now have to look for easier targets. Or you can still attack those players with Watchfires, though they aren't quite as easy to defeat as they once were and the damage you take means fewer plundering opportunities.
The flipside of that is if you are one of the folks being plundered. You might well use the event to boost your defenses.
If you're in a non-aggressive neighborhood, getting an advanced production building is very helpful, as is getting premium decorations (gotta keep those worker bees happy!).

DeletedUser17462

I guess it might depend on the type of neighborhood- hostile or agreeable- in which you find yourself.
If you are aggressive and all of a sudden multiple players that you used to attack and plunder with impunity sprout multiple Watchfires or have an advanced Military Building, well your chosen style of gameplay just became quite a bit harder, as you now have to look for easier targets. Or you can still attack those players with Watchfires, though they aren't quite as easy to defeat as they once were and the damage you take means fewer plundering opportunities.
The flipside of that is if you are one of the folks being plundered. You might well use the event to boost your defenses.
If you're in a non-aggressive neighborhood, getting an advanced production building is very helpful, as is getting premium decorations (gotta keep those worker bees happy!).
I think you are over-valuing those watchfires. Adding one or two will make zero difference if the attacker is already wiping them out with impunity. Likewise with the advanced barracks. No one is getting one from an age or two ahead, which is what it'd take to make any real difference there.

cbalto1927

I think you are over-valuing those watchfires. Adding one or two will make zero difference if the attacker is already wiping them out with impunity. Likewise with the advanced barracks. No one is getting one from an age or two ahead, which is what it'd take to make any real difference there.

For watch fires if you get at least 10 plus with your 2 Defensive GB fully leveled you could easily have defensive values well over 100 percent. Fortunately the Maximum age of my neighborhood is in Col. age. I noticed that military buildings were included in the prizes. Yesterday i had several military buildings and didn't have to research those buildings to have them. Overall yesterday was a great day for me :)