• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Martin Luther King event - Feedback

DeletedUser23472

I heard the final prizes were a portrait and a king statue, I'll pass on both.
I agree with this. Too much work (and consumes too much of the continental map with it) for such meager offerings. Unless the 'random' rewards are better than the run-of-the-mill recurring quest rewards?

DeletedUser18880

Guys, Girls, kids of all ages; you live in the greatest country on God's green earth...oops sorry I said God in case it offended anyone. This is a game. Enjoy it as it is...a little history thrown thrown in isn't a bad thing. Unless it pisses you off that Dr. King was a republican!

DeletedUser3679

Alice Paul was born Jan 11 1885. She was the leading activist for the 19th amendment. It was largely through her efforts than women gained the right to vote. I would claim her contribution to history and our society is greater than Mr. kings. Where is her monument? her holiday?

I guess Google got the message - look at the theme of today's Google Search page....

DeletedUser22273

I tried to tell myself that I was surprised by some of these comments, but that's not exactly true. I wanted to be surprised by hateful remarks; I wanted to be surprised by small-mindedness.
Who knew that the troll under the bridge was a bigot with the internet? o_O

DeletedUser17785

For me it is has nothing to do with "ignorant". The game is an escape from the real world, so it's not that it's MLK or he's black, it's that he's a real person. I greatly admire the man and shudder to think what would have become of the US without him and I could probably teach a lesson or two on him, but 1.) Not why I'm here. 2.) Portraits are lame. That doesn't make me or anyone else a bad person. Maybe to the Europeans he's someone that is new and people are curious, but not me. You have to know your customers.

DeletedUser17785

That is exactly how the ignorant STAY ignorant! By shouting "COUNT me OUT!!!". The ignorant and scared constantly shout "Count me out!" They count themselves out of everything that is different from their own small and tiny worlds and fear anything they don't recognize. It's sad and it should be the object of all our pity. The only answer to someone like 1pep, who enjoys the darkness of ignorance is to force them into the light of education. Perhaps someday this person might read a book and find that something as small as this MLK event is not political at all, but a very small and brave effort on FOE's part to expose us to the efforts of 1 human being who during his time here on earth only promoted love, respect and equality for all mankind. We are to feel sorry and true sorrow for individuals like 1pep... they live in a world of fear and ignorance. Sad... truly sad.
Really? You can judge his heart? Did you get that ability on another quest or are you just judgemental and self righteous?

DeletedUser24275

The angry racist tears are delicious. Cry harder, bigots!

I'll be raiding everyone in my neighborhood who outs themselves as a racist for claiming this is political or otherwise whining about one of the greatest men of America's history having an event.

I do want to see more events with famous figures throughout history and around the world, though. Let's have fun AND learn some history!

DeletedUser9375

Is there a thread somwhere to talk about the FoE event? This clearly isn't one.

DeletedUser10574

I think its a great quest line - historical figures with things to teach. I think the prizes are a little stingy, but then again I am a high level female player with no need for coins (the king) or a male portrait, having said that I welcome any new avatars.

DeletedUser23646

Isn't it amusing that we're supposed to be all inclusive and sensitive about offending people, but one guy says "Count me out" and the forum bashes and bullys on him, calling him names, saying he's ignorant, casting bigoted slurs...

Who are the ignorant and knuckle-draggers here?

Who are any of you to say how someone else must not be offended? What a bunch of totally insensitive jerks. The hate from the "tolerance crowd" reaches new heights.

DeletedUser10415

Who are any of you to say how someone else must not be offended? What a bunch of totally insensitive jerks. The hate from the "tolerance crowd" reaches new heights.

"Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them."
-Karl Popper

DeletedUser8420

ok back to the game...question
I just had a quest with scouting provenience (think I spelled that right) anyway, since I am done with the continental map it was automatically done. It was green and checked as was the second item on the quest. However I didn't have a chance to click collect it automatically quickly popped off and the next in quest line appeared. I didn't see where I received the rewards for the prior one. So, did I not get anything since I am done with the map for my era or what?

DeletedUser10517

ok back to the game...question
I just had a quest with scouting provenience (think I spelled that right) anyway, since I am done with the continental map it was automatically done. It was green and checked as was the second item on the quest. However I didn't have a chance to click collect it automatically quickly popped off and the next in quest line appeared. I didn't see where I received the rewards for the prior one. So, did I not get anything since I am done with the map for my era or what?
Yes, you will have gotten whatever the reward was for that Quest. Its just that the new Quest windows sometimes jump ahead and dont let us manually click OK to collect the reward.

DeletedUser17558

I am disappointed all around by the attitudes here. It is a free event, who cares who is featured. I don't come here for the history lesson, I come because I enjoy playing a game. The more free events, the better. It is disappointed seeing some laying down hateful rhetoric against the event, but thankfully those are few and far between. It is also disappointing seeing that not liking the event for ANY reason makes a person a bigot or racist. I do my best to be tolerant of others who have different points of view other than my own, no matter how wrong I may think they are, but to see others try to prevent people from expressing their point of view is truly disgusting.

DeletedUser14175

Back to the Quest line:
Quest #3 Acquire a sector without fighting...It was bad deal for me (what a waste of precious goods that I could easily saved taking the sector with my army).
Therefore Quest #10 Acquire two sectors without fighting. It's a no brain...Skip!!! (game over).
Cost so much to get those TE refined goods for those meager rewards that this event is just not worth it (put this one on Inno devs).
Regarding the history perspective of the event I have my highest respect for Dr. ML King Jr. (a just man among the nations).

DeletedUser24718

I appreciate the promotional events but in the current one, I cannot accomplish an event because I did it prior to the event. On the second or third quest you need to infiltrate and I have already infiltrated all available sections. Is there any way I can continue? Sorry if this is a newbie questions

DeletedUser8420

Just finished the entire event - hey it was easy...
final prize portrait and a King...nice
The one before it peace statue the gun muzzle tied in a knot - ok but it would be nice to have a different peace statue - like a giant dove with outstretch wings. That would fit into my city...the gun thing not so much so another one that will sit in my inventory n'er to be built. But Do appreciate getting another King...

DeletedUser8420

I appreciate the promotional events but in the current one, I cannot accomplish an event because I did it prior to the event. On the second or third quest you need to infiltrate and I have already infiltrated all available sections. Is there any way I can continue? Sorry if this is a newbie questions
unless you have completed the entire continental map for your age ...at which point it will automatically check it off and suppose to give you reward automatically - otherwise you will have to scout or open another provenience on the map and infiltrate sectors there