• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

get you research technologies

DeletedUser24827

can you research technologies ahead of the game without being penalized for doing so.

DeletedUser9393

I do not understand your question.
What do you mean by penalize ?
One of the objects of the game is to do Research and progress with new tech.
What do you mean by "ahead of the game" ?

DeletedUser24827

during the game you get advice to do the research. I don't have to wait for it to tell me correct.

thanks for replying

DeletedUser17558

You can move as fast along the tech tree as your resources will allow. As long as you have the gold, supplies, FP, and goods, you can unlock as much as you want in the order it is available as fast as you want, regardless of what the quests say. If you come upon a quest that requires a certain technology be opened, and you already opened it, quest done.

Now whether that is an intelligent way to play the game...

bomber9530

You can move as fast along the tech tree as your resources will allow. As long as you have the gold, supplies, FP, and goods, you can unlock as much as you want in the order it is available as fast as you want, regardless of what the quests say. If you come upon a quest that requires a certain technology be opened, and you already opened it, quest done.

Now whether that is an intelligent way to play the game...

That is how I play the game, and so far no problems.

DeletedUser6163

The quests are meant as a guide but they do not always guide the player in the right direction! Look at the quest reward, if the reward does not pique your interest or if what you have to give far outweighs the reward skip it (if possible). If you feel hesitant to progress, or there is something else you want to work on, like leveling a great building, progress with what you want to progress.

Non-skippable quests you will eventually have to complete, and no quest has a time-limit. On some worlds I (very sporadically) play the quests have sat there for months. Maybe I'll get along to them or maybe they'll continue to gather dust :cool:

DeletedUser17558

That is how I play the game, and so far no problems.
Congratulations. 95% of the people I play with who blew through the tech tree find themselves continually stuck at the bottom of the hood. Most of the rest pay diamonds.

DeletedUser24840

I have a related question. Sometimes when you enter a new era by completing the first technology you receive a large reward chest, sometimes you don't. I am wondering if the chest is available only when you have completed all the technologies of the previous era first. Does anyone know?

DeletedUser9184

I believe it should happen every time (you reach a new age) from now on. I would check with support if you don't get one the next time.

DeletedUser10415

Sometimes when you enter a new era by completing the first technology you receive a large reward chest, sometimes you don't. I am wondering if the chest is available only when you have completed all the technologies of the previous era first. Does anyone know?

Every time you advance to a new age or era, you get a reward chest, regardless. If you did not, contact support, as they can check that out for you.

DeletedUser8620

I have a related question. Sometimes when you enter a new era by completing the first technology you receive a large reward chest, sometimes you don't. I am wondering if the chest is available only when you have completed all the technologies of the previous era first. Does anyone know?

I think a glitch sometimes prevents you from getting the chest. I seen it happen with my account by completing the first tech of the New era and then closing out research before the chest popped up & needless to say, I did not get the chest..

bomber9530

I think a glitch sometimes prevents you from getting the chest. I seen it happen with my account by completing the first tech of the New era and then closing out research before the chest popped up & needless to say, I did not get the chest..

Yeah there has been an era or two I have not gotten the chest either.

DeletedUser8152

Apparently at first not everyone was given a chest, for some reason I don't comprehend. But I think currently everyone should get one.

bomber9530

Well its been a couple months since I didn't get my chest. So I don't know what happened. I don't remember what age it was either, all I know is that it was one of the middle ages.

DeletedUser23123

Early to High mid for me. Got new Decos and Cultural Building. Not much else. Got some Coins and Supplies from High to Late. Only what one would make with a Farm in 8 Hours.

DeletedUser

BA TO IA< IA TO EMA< BUT EMA to HMA I didnt get a chest> HMA to LMA I did