• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply
Compassionate Prophet

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Wearing a mask is simply a choice...as is everything in life, but it is not anything more than that. People who don't wear them may express love in a much fuller and unconditional way than you and by judging them you could actually miss out on receiving that love.
    Iroh the Tea Maker
    Iroh the Tea Maker
    the problem is not that they express love or compassion, it is that they spread the virus and I don't wanna die yet. it's like speed limit, it's a choice but you gotta be considerate cause we live in a civilized society.
    Earl Underfish Grayvase
    Guess you live inside and never go outside then, er wait, shucks there are plenty of things that will kill you inside your house too. Sorry, any mask except an N95 surgical mask and that changed often is actually doing anything to save your life. Considerate, sure, effective, other than to placate those unwilling to embrace their mortality fully, not in the slightest.
    Iroh the Tea Maker
    Iroh the Tea Maker
    that's what I say about speed limits too. just to placate those unwilling to embrace their mortality fully.
    I learned from Alex Trebek (USA/Canada Jeopardy!) the correct pronunciation of Hagia Sophia! If I use dictionary symbols, Alex said, "Hī-yǝ Sō-fē'-ǝ," when I thought it was pronounced "Hä'-gē-ǝ Sō-fē'-ǝ." Oops!
    Grateful to players and guilds who stick with me despite my sporadic playing of the game because they know 1. my RL situation and 2. when I'm active I'm a great asset to my friends/guilds. :)
    Played FOE for ≥ year as RL distraction. Dad has Alzheimer's; Mom finally put him in a home. Can't visit him (COVID); but home has had no cases, is careful w/daily temp checks/required neg COVID tested newbies. Mom's still stressed; home doesn't take Dad to docs--she'd hoped for that. Call Mom daily/visit weekly. Some weekly visits = 1-3 overnights due to her depression/anxiety/needs.
    DevaCat
    DevaCat
    I feel for you. I was my Mom's caregiver until she passed in 2016. A lot is/will be falling on your shoulders. Don't guilt yourself for playing a game as a distraction, and take care of yourself too. It's really easy to wear oneself out. Good luck and best wishes.
    Alan The Lion Hearted
    I also have a lot of sympathy and empathy for and with you. My Mom lasted from age 88 to 94 not knowing I(we) existed even though I was there daily (with full time caregiver). SO, don't beat yourself up for taking a break - you deserve it. Being a caregiver is the most demanding, yet unrewarded by the public, position one can have. Bless you for taking on this obligation and supporting your Mom.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…