• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Search results

1. Aethelcatt VIII

Going from EMA to HMA and eventually FE

I'm finding HMA to be an era well worth lingering around for a while, and I've been doing that since last summer. For one thing, the HMA military units are quite effective against anything I run into around here--all the way up to Industrial Age units. (Oh the sight of a knight charging up to a...
  2. Aethelcatt VIII

Archaeology 2022 Feedback

I'm playing this event exactly the same way. There is really nothing interesting for me among the daily specials except SO upgrading kits (which I haven't seen so far despite switching the dailies every day), and the new butterfly set, well, like everybody is saying, is just lame. So we might as...
  3. Aethelcatt VIII

10th Anniversary questions and non feedback comments.

I hereby formally, strongly and adamantly demand that the game rules be changed so that you'd have land on Square 0 to get the grand prize (instead of just passing it)--because I keep landing on it and getting nothing else in reward! :mad: But of course, if they do make this change, I'll...
  4. Aethelcatt VIII

Thematic City Arrangement - Do you do it?

Makes perfect sense. :)
  5. Aethelcatt VIII

friend tab

I've seen the same thing, too. It's yet another glitch that can be fixed by quitting the game and reloading it--the missing new wannabe friend will be there after that.
  6. Aethelcatt VIII

How does this happen? Question about production times

Me too, but only once. It was a Cherry (or Spring) Set, all built together and run on the same schedule; then one day the Emperor's Entrance was off by exactly 12 hours for no reason at all. Definitely a technical glitch.
  7. Aethelcatt VIII

How does this happen? Question about production times

I have seen the collection time of all buildings off by 10 or 15 minutes, more than once or twice, but not by 3 hours. When that happens, I just quit the game and reload; the timer would be back to normal after that.
  8. Aethelcatt VIII

I'm hiding a winner's plaza behind the Ferris wheels and a magnum opus behind the Chateau. Too many of the same buildings don't look good to my picky eyes.
  9. Aethelcatt VIII

Thanks! Yeah, the height of buildings is indeed one of the things I try to balance out across the map in my zoning scheme. Over-concentration of tall buildings tends to be depressing to our hardworking citizens. :)
  10. Aethelcatt VIII

Being in a field closely related to actual city planning in real life, I just cannot help enacting a zoning ordinance every time I reorganize my FoE city. Here's my current layout. I hope you all can sense the thematic provisions in this version of the city's General Plan (e.g., the civic center...
  11. Aethelcatt VIII

St Patricks Event 2022 questions and non feedback comments

What I want to know is: (1) Is that blond girl in the pretty blueish green dress ever going to get dizzy? (2) Just how many children does that family have?
  12. Aethelcatt VIII

I'm following a very similar plan, and I'm also sitting around in the extra 5th town right now. I won't have 1900 pots of gold for all six chests after this one (got a little carried away upgrading the managers in the first couple of towns...something to remember not to do next time around...
  13. Aethelcatt VIII

That's exactly what I'm doing. Makes the minigame rather relaxing this time around--maybe a little too relaxing. It takes a few hours to get things set up in a new town, and the rest of it is all thumb twiddling.
  14. Aethelcatt VIII

Who said some of the tasks take too long to complete? Turned out it takes much, much longer to wait for the pots of gold to roll in for the chests after each town. I've been sitting in this town with absolutely nothing to do for days! :D
  15. Aethelcatt VIII

Winter 2021 Feedback

My lucky day. :p The 20% defense boost is almost useless, but I'll take it with this package. Since I complained earlier in this thread that picking the calendar key (let alone the daily special too) out of 18 possible choices in about three and a half tries allotted per day is nearly mission...
  16. Aethelcatt VIII

Winter 2021 Feedback

Now that sounds like a good strategy--focusing on one goose instead chasing after all the cheese in a scattering flock.
  17. Aethelcatt VIII

Winter 2021 Feedback

Yep, it looks inevitable--and quite a few diamonds. I wasn't going to pick the key fragments in DCs based on experience during the Halloween event, when the daily stickers were much easier to find, but looking at the odds for the keys in this event, I guess I'd better get going with the DCs.
  18. Aethelcatt VIII

Winter 2021 Feedback

P.S. I never complain about odds and such in these events, but this one looks rather hopeless.
  19. Aethelcatt VIII

Winter 2021 Feedback

OK, let's see...we get five stars (instead of the 10 during Beta testing) for completing each quest in the main quest line and, so I heard, 15 stars for each of the daily quests later (if Inno has not reduced that as well), plus a few hundred for daily connections and the milestone bonus; a...