• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Search results

1. if u had 2 million dollars what would u do with it?

There's an old joke about an elderly person taking continual cruises because she'd eat better and be better taken care of on the ships than in her nursing home, the cost being less most of the year as well. That being said, you'd want to live in a state that had no capital gains tax as most...
  2. if u had 2 million dollars what would u do with it?

Texas uses property taxes to finance government much like other states use income taxes combined with property taxes, some states provide less to residents so there is less need for the money. Taxes in general would factor in though given the schemes posted by some in this thread, a few of you...
  3. if u had 2 million dollars what would u do with it?

I agree but given the way the markets have bounced around, if I had a lot to invest, I would not invest in any of the traditional financial markets right now. Bonds are in the tank, treasury bills are not keeping up with inflation, and even the biggest investors like Buffet believe the stock...
  4. if u had 2 million dollars what would u do with it?

I'll admit that I've never lived in a place where taxes were included in all purchases, car dealerships are notorious for under estimating taxes to make their sales and house sales in my experience lead to yearly taxes (some states like Texas do not have income taxes but use property taxes to...
  5. if u had 2 million dollars what would u do with it?

This is exactly what I was talking about, "once you don't have house or car payments" is a huge assumption that I specifically addressed. If you are going in with a clean slate, ie: no car or house, you are already looking at a significant chunk of the original amount being used either in rent...
  6. if u had 2 million dollars what would u do with it?

I was using that assumption as well, that the amount was post taxes. The thing is, almost anything you buy will then be subject to various taxes, from the home you might purchase to the car to the various necessities. Almost any investment you make to generate future income will also be subject...
  7. if u had 2 million dollars what would u do with it?

"Just very limited options" -> I agree, which is why I stated it depends on what quality of life you desire. "go find somewhere cheaper" -> Again, that factors into your quality of life, many just do not want to move away from family and friends, etc. "You could use it to set yourself up to...
  8. if u had 2 million dollars what would u do with it?

$40,000 a year won't cover your basic needs in many communities and truly safe investments are not currently keeping up with inflation but it's true that if you lower your standard of living/quality of life enough, you can probably survive on less. It may mean living in a rural community or...
  9. if u had 2 million dollars what would u do with it?

Well, you did agree with Stephen when he said: "If you couldn't live the rest of your life on $2 million, then you will never have enough." Others made it sound like they could invest that much and never lift a finger the rest of their lives. I merely pointed out the realities of that sum in...
  10. Looking for Goods Dealer to Trade FPs for ARC Goods

The cheapest way would be to join a competitive guild for a short time as you will get better rates. Otherwise, most of the top 200 players in Langendorn will sell you what you need-ask around for best rates because some are much more reasonable than others.
  11. if u had 2 million dollars what would u do with it?

It depends on a variety of factors including where you currently live, what kind of quality of life you desire, and what you are starting with. Some of those commenting here make it sound like $2 million is all you need regardless of anything else which isn't true. The average price of a house...
  12. When is the best time to move up to the next era?

Maybe it's just in L-world but most of my neighbors are woefully weak, dropping out of the top ten at any given time results in players that just can't compete. The problem is that the stuff they have to plunder is also worthless much of the time, and leveling up has shown that there is no...
  13. Who actually buys attemps for medals in GE?

Once you've bought all the medal expansions, there is no point in hording them other than to use in GE. Plus, being in an undefeated guild in GE, there will be times when you have to finish quickly to fend off the latest challenger, part of the team effort is to retain the record (at this point...
  14. Why I Don't Plunder

I agree but the only thing that changes when you are using different age troops than an opponent is how the AO reacts. My AO hits often enough that all else being equal, that ~ 20% chance of doing 150% damage is a huge advantage over someone that doesn't have one. The flip side is that we're...
  15. Once, just once (plunders)

Basing the grouping by points would be a mistake since a lot of people freely donate goods to their treasury or focus their GB leveling on buildings that do not provide any military assistance. I'd be fine with such an event, even a regularly occurring event, knowing that while others in my...
  16. Once, just once (plunders)

Those who tend to complain the loudest when they are plundered are either the underdeveloped players that scream how unfair the game is (forgetting that they rushed ages to get where they are at) or those who are used to plundering but not getting plundered back. When they take great pride in...
  17. Why I Don't Plunder

Keep in mind that such advanced age troops are usually limited in supply so those who use them to attack will often have to use diamonds when they lose them or they get damaged. Using advanced age troops also negates your AO from kicking in, those who have wisely leveled their AO up will see...
  18. Why I Don't Plunder

I've been playing FoE for a few years and was a farmer for much of that, getting plundered was a lot more common before INNO started limiting neighborhoods as much as they do now. But as this is a game of conquest and trading, why not try different strategies? It's not like there is any actual...
  19. Plunder progress

It depends what era he's in now, doesn't it? I'm in PME and faced someone with 1060 defense using mostly CE troops (I was on offense), he still lost. Others have attacked my much lower defense and defeated me, I've never found champions to be worth much. Now if you're in HMA, your situation...
  20. Best Age to Squat in...Worst Ages to Avoid

One thing you and xivarmy don't mention is that you can get advanced troops ahead of time, the SW Team in pre-PME and CE's anti aircraft in PME give you a tremendous advantage over other players, even the CE tanks in PME make a reasonably leveled player nearly invincible. Otherwise, when you...