• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Search results

1. Falconwing

Favorite Way to Level GBs

We do not allow people to use the swap threads to prime a GB for the 1.9, those must be self primed. Personally, I use swap threads until around level 25 or so, then I move to the 1.9 and sell 1-3. when 1-3 are taken, I place one large trade for 4th, and a smaller trade for 5th, that way...
  2. Falconwing

Should I build St.Mark's Basilica or the Hagia Sofia?

I said I never saw the value in the SMB with a Babel and LoA available.
  3. Falconwing

Should I build St.Mark's Basilica or the Hagia Sofia?

I would no longer recommend either to a new player. I never made the SMB, never saw the value with a Babel and a LoA. I did make the Hagia. When I was a new player, you needed every source of fp's you could get, prizes were not as abundant as they are now. I manage to keep my Hagia cause I had...
  4. Falconwing

One down kit discussion

Ok, I have been on the fence forever about the one down kit idea. I could take it or leave it and never really supported it. Now, I'm starting to see strategies that newer players can do that older players can not do and it seems to be a bit unfair. The prime example would be Statues of Honor...
  5. Falconwing

Daily Quest - unlock 3 campaign sectors

You don't have to do the DC's. I skip stupid ones all the time. I had 55, 15 minute productions once, who has time for all that? Skip a day and move on. It ain't like the old days when skipping a day would also take you back one.
  6. Falconwing

Interesting observation

I haven't seen a properly formatted idea in a while. I saw one or two I'd like to discuss, but without proper formatting they get closed and dumped into the unformatted box. I do see that some of the Veterens (myself included) will see someone, usually a brand spanking new member, post an...
  7. Falconwing

Forum time

Holy crap! I didn't realize I could reset the time of my DC's. been tired of that crap starting at 8 am forever. Got me a nice Noon start time now.
  8. Falconwing

When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

If you are in Diamond and losing, what are you complaining about? Your in DIAMOND!!! The big leagues. You are getting better personal rewards and the Guild gets more Crowns. The last place Guild in Diamond gets more than the 1st place Guild in Platinum and so on. You should be happy you're...
  9. Falconwing

Halloween Event broke?

I wasn't gonna harp on it but I haven't received a single AA upgrade. I have used all the starting tools, whatever tools you find, and 4 full big tool packs (395 ticket) and not one. I wasn't expecting to get em all today, but In other events where the good secondary prize was on day one, I...
  10. Falconwing

so sloooww!!!

Yeah, something recently happened. I was using Chrome and it was fine, then it just went to unplayable. I switched to Opera. This is actually the second time since I started playing the game that Chrome mysteriously stopped working well and I had to switch browsers. It was a few years ago, but...
  11. Falconwing

Harvest Barn - are multiples useful ?

I built a barn set with two additional wheat fields. I could have built a 4 wheat field, two ochre and a one scarecrow combo, but I would have wasted all the barn upgrades. The full set with two extra WF's suit me fine.
  12. Falconwing

Glitchy game play

I had to switch to the Opera browser. Chrome just crapped the bed. Went from perfect night before last to ridiculously slow. Was barely able to do collections and spend fp's. Opera is working just fine.
  13. Falconwing

Glitchy game play

Mine is slow like I'm using dial up.
  14. Falconwing

Small trades

I have no idea. I want to beat them with a stick.
  15. Falconwing

Few Roads to Victory?

I'm considering adding my RtV's to my city. I had waited cause I wasn't sure, 5 current age goods and 5 att/def for 6 spaces, I was on the fence. But I forgot they don't need roads. Line em up behind a row of buildings like the train. The RtV is way better than a Kiosk and lvl 2 GotS combo, with...
  16. Falconwing

Decorations

What you don't understand is that, how you play, is not their concern. They make the game, you play it how you like. Everyone plays different, but you feel they should change the game to focus on how YOU play? Not everyone is 'in it to win it' and looking for maximum bonuses or here for the long...
  17. Falconwing

Is City Defense at all possible?

You need enough defense to keep out the looky loo's and regular players, but the defense required to keep out the dedicated attacker really isn't worth the space. Plunder proof buildings and timely collections is your best bet against them.
  18. Falconwing

most expensive item in auction

I just got one off the shelf. The Art Dealer manager must be a member of the forums and heard my complaint. About to trash 4 SoK's and shuffle stuff.
  19. Falconwing

most expensive item in auction

I'm one away from max and It's driving me crazy. I never see them at auction, only in the store. I want it so bad!!!!! The collector in me is going bonkers.
  20. Falconwing

Guild Expedition Rewards Changes I'd be happy to see.

With a ToR, GE is a honeypot. The prizes you get for finishing 64 encounters is very good. With the upgrades recently added some of the prizes are quite nice for the effort needed to win. I recently began to replace SoK's with FotA2's. Even when you get powerful and the prizes no longer as good...