• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Search results

1. GbG ranking system

It "should" be random among the LP1000 guilds, random among 975, and then 925. There is bleed-over where there aren't groupings of 8. That said, our last 6 seasons did not appear random. We had guilds 2 & 3 all 6 seasons. Sometimes one of them, sometimes both.
  2. GbG ranking system

When do the victories reset? Is it at the start of the next season?
  3. GbG ranking system

It is too easy to get in and out. The swings are huge when there are only maybe 10-15 guilds that concentrate on GBG. You win at 875LP easily because nobody in that range really tries. You move up to 1000LP where you are lucky to get off the porch. You wind up losing 175 LP and move down to...
  4. GBG thoghts

They are exclusive groupings unless there is an uneven number. All 1000s are together. All 925s are together. All 975s are together. There can be crossover, but it isn't often. We have not had a single non-1000 LP team in any of our groupings. (in fact now in season 6, we've been with #2...
  5. GBG thoghts

But... a guild that comes in 4th/5th in diamond, 1st in low diamond, 4th/5th in diamond, 1st in low diamond does pick up enough Champion fragments. My world has 52 diamond guilds and 30 1000LP guilds. That leaves 22 non-competitive guilds that can pick up first place and fragments.
  6. GbG ranking system

But 925 & 975 do. Maybe it isn't the same in all worlds, but 975 vs 1000 is a big difference for us.
  7. GbG ranking system

If that happens, it most certainly will be unfair!
  8. GbG ranking system

This does highlight the problem. However, I *think* their victories will reset after the season. They'll be in 1000LP, but I don't think that 850K VP will take them very far. In my world, that would rank them about 22nd among the 1000 group.
  9. GbG ranking system

You don't need to be D1000 to get frags. You think the current default ranking screen is going away? The GBG ranking will be *the* ranking once GVG goes away. Finally, it is just a big morale hit to be ranked outside the top 20 when you have beaten half of the teams ranked ahead of you head...
  10. GbG ranking system

They certainly are rewarding mediocrity - the Tower of Champions is a reward - coming in 2nd place in the 1000LP group 6 times in a row does not win it. But when when you yo-yo you do win it. I'd say the yo-yo guilds are almost the definition of mediocre. Also, personally, I consider...
  11. GbG ranking system

I get your point, but on the flip side - in my world there has been twice this championship season where the #1 and #2 where on the same map. #1 won both times. That meant in season 4, the 2nd best guild had one victory and were lower in the rankings than several of the yo-yo guilds. I don't...
  12. What about minimum attrition? Please comment on this.

So basically... 200 may be possible, but not sustainable.
  13. What about minimum attrition? Please comment on this.

ebe, have you seen 200 attrition for Titan players? Or are they mostly HAU players? I can't imagine a Titan player hitting 200 - at least fighting.
  14. What about minimum attrition? Please comment on this.

Other than HAU players, I seriously doubt many are getting more than 700/day in GBG - especially in Titan. On average, it would take 140 attrition in Titan to get to 700 fights. My red stats are 3600/2900 and I rarely go over 120. I know there are players with much more attack - but getting...
  15. What about minimum attrition? Please comment on this.

Scoredb.io is all fights - not just GBG. Players are still getting massive numbers in GVG. It also doesn't seem to follow a great pattern with collecting data. It is possible for it to lump parts of two attrition clocks into one day. *edit: to follow up a bit, the top player in my world on...
  16. GbG ranking system

It is no longer "farming rankings" these are THE rankings.
  17. GbG ranking system

And I still think it is extremely unlikely for a team to win a lower league and then *win* in high 1000LP diamond. I'm sure it is different in every world - but in my world - a team that moves up from platinum or low diamond to high diamond almost always moves back down the next season. If you...
  18. GbG ranking system

It is very very unlikely. Sure, maybe a couple guilds merge to create a superguild. But that would still not win many high diamond groupings in my world. I can tell you there are several guilds ranked above my guild that finished below us in the past 5 seasons when they were in our grouping...
  19. GbG ranking system

Maybe keep a running total of the LP you've faced 1) Current LP 2) Cumulative LP of opponents 3) Victories 4) VP 5) Guild rank
  20. GbG ranking system

Do victories reset? Are we sure about that?